Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another GTR flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    The old CEO of Coca Cola Amitil built his own track in country NSW Australia
    Country? You mean county right?

That may be the coolest thing ever. Ever.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Country? You mean county right?
    No, he means country. It's used as a term to describe non-metro areas in Australia. Therefore, Country NSW = areas out side metro areas in the state of NSW.

Although, looking at that map, that's near Gosford/Wyong right? Hardly a country area.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thats a pretty awesome track too... I'd love to see what elevation changes/camber etc the corners have..

I want it...
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Too much nanny technology. Keep excessive technology out of "true" sports cars is my opinion. The GTR has failed to win me over.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    This, if true, would be a huge mistake. Yooooge mistake.

But even so, I'm sure there'll be more than enough people out there willing to plonk down money for this car, if only to be able to say "I drive a GT-R, bro" and only use the car to idle down the busiest streets, windows down so everyone can notice.

Personally though, I can't understand with the market this car's targeting why something like this would ever seem like a good idea. Imagine some list somewhere:

Create a car that supposedly can take on a 911 Turbo on a track - Check.
    Make sure it costs a fraction of the price of said Zuffenhausen product - Check.
    Have marketing shout as loud as they can about the car's track credentials - Check.
    Have CEO of company make claims of product being able to take on competitors "anywhere, anytime" - Check.

...Install device that would deter anyone with sane mind from testing the company's by now well known claims - Check.

Yep, makes sense.
    exactly right.
    to be fair, at least three GTR's have landed here specifically for race/rally (the GTR hasn't been ADR complied yet i think?) so people who want to race them hardcore must have no issues. i guess its just joe bloe who wants to race casually that gets screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Ewok View Post
    I think that the main point behind Nissan's idea of having a voided warranty when tracking is that this protects them from wrongful accusations that the car was not up to snuff. Sure, car makers can press on you that they are race worthy and that they support you to take the car and flaunt it around the track, but if you decidely do take that car to the environment there should be no reason for them to protect your car
    good point, if it's raced and rallied hard there will obviously be some items they won't cover, but the hardcore racers, as i mentioned above, will likely modify the car anyway and void the warranty regardless.
    the thing is, if the warranty is voided for ANY track time, then nissans marketing stuff is pretty much a false promise (as kooper pointed out)
    with all the testing it can't be lack of confidence in their product, surely..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I actually don't think this will hurt sales too much. If someone has no intention of putting the car on the track but just wants to have a GT-R then it's not going to bother him. And I still doubt that they have every track mapped...

I still don't understand though, does it void the warranty completely or just during the track time? And I'm sure the people that want a thrill and are willing to invest the time to go to a track but don't wanna void warranty could just as well find a nice road out in the middle of nowhere. In my area that doesn't exist as far as i know because even the country roads are grid but if you're in europe, asia, or a mountainous area then you, friend, are in luck! Tonnes of corners of every kind for you to go crazy on!

Either way, companies have been doing this for years. Warranty is to say that if the car has something wrong out of the factory or that if something goes wrong due to normal use, they'll fix it. It's not "you f*ck up your car and we'll gladly fix it". What they're doing is no different from any other company. The only difference is that Nissan tells you when you're at the track, anyone else tells you when you're at their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotary.freak View Post
    I actually don't think this will hurt sales too much. If someone has no intention of putting the car on the track but just wants to have a GT-R then it's not going to bother him. And I still doubt that they have every track mapped...
    yeah, for 90% of GTR buyers it's just 'street cred, yo', so thats no issue
    I still don't understand though, does it void the warranty completely or just during the track time?
    it's not completely clear. i'd like to hear what nissan says on this?
    And I'm sure the people that want a thrill and are willing to invest the time to go to a track but don't wanna void warranty could just as well find a nice road out in the middle of nowhere.
    yeah...that's a great thing for nissan to encourage
    an abandoned road sure beats the track, who needs run off areas
    IEither way, companies have been doing this for years.
    um, not companies fielding a sports car capable of sub 8 min ring times and claiming excellent on track performance.
    sure, it's a GT car anyway, but you'd think given the following the previous GTR's have at the track..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

If any car gets caught racing then its warrentys voided as matra pointed out subarus have had some collassal failures of the drivetrian and they dont cover then because they have been thrashed.

Some cars have tattle-tale ecus which will record moements of being thrashed (sitting on redline or limiter,sharp constant spplication of brakes, rapid deacceleration often crashes etc etc) which can adversly effect your warrenty (ferrari,maserati, certian Gm cars are the ones ive learned about) many people are very suprised when they service their farrari and have parts added to their service due to the fact it was thrashed.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

The biggest GT-R flaw will be the dealerships.

The average markup in America on the GT-R right now is....50k.

Ridiculous.

But most dealerships will be selling the GT-R in an "auction based setting"...so maybe you can save some money against cheap auctioners...not.

Waaah. You weren't buying one anyway.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Waaah. You weren't buying one anyway.
    I may have.

I'll be relocating and I was going to use my bonus check to finally get a "nice" sporty car. I can't comfortably afford 50k over sticker.

Although I highly doubt this'll be implemented in the non-JDM spec models, German owners can run the Nuerburgring because it's technically a public road.

What- please. I don't think those child support payments will leave you with much on your bonus check. After all, you constantly brag about your promiscuity and way with chicks.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    -What- please. I don't think those child support payments will leave you with much on your bonus check. After all, you constantly brag about your promiscuity and way with chicks.
    Everyone should find there way into every female they want that is available to them...with precautions!!!! Having an attractive girl "friend" is a false relationship...h22a...so stop lying to yourselves. If you haven't "been there" with her yet it's because you're scared. Take precautions! I haven't been tricked into having a kid yet. Take precautions!

I'll soon be finished with paying off loans and credit cards...I'll feel so free. With no bills and a small bonus, I'll have a car...and more "precautions" to take. Just kidding. Money and cars don't bring "What" hoes...hoes bring "What" money from cars. I'm a pimp.

I'm a pimp.....I'm a pimp.
    Last edited by -What-; 01-31-2008 at 07:44 PM.

-what- words fail to descibe how pathetic you are. your nowhere, and for the record you are so full of complete and utter bs its just laughable you trying to pay out on anyone. please just fark off to supercars.net where you'll be excepted with the rest of the muppets over there.

your a pimp ehhh, lol man you are bogus
    -what- im no longer going to waste my time on you

good point about the n-ring.
    Last edited by h22a; 01-31-2008 at 08:31 PM.

Thread Information