Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan GTR wins another Car and Driver review

personally I find the Skyline (starting from the R32 model) an amazing car.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I hear so many stories about Mags testing brand new cars and in reality who ever buys one of these cars and keeps them stock??? not really anyone, so who cares how the car performs with stock configurations? I like to see the car after a team or garage gets ahold of it and strips out the interior and meaningless stuff like gps, stereo, etc...and fixes the car up on performance and then runs it...that is the real way to see how the car will perform, but you must have different garages tune it different ways to see what the results are from numerous cars....back to the GTR, I like it, hope to see a fully tuned one make some fast laps, but I will probalby never have the money to buy one....
    Oo____oO GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by CamNismo View Post
    I hear so many stories about Mags testing brand new cars and in reality who ever buys one of these cars and keeps them stock??? not really anyone, so who cares how the car performs with stock configurations? I like to see the car after a team or garage gets ahold of it and strips out the interior and meaningless stuff like gps, stereo, etc...and fixes the car up on performance and then runs it...that is the real way to see how the car will perform, but you must have different garages tune it different ways to see what the results are from numerous cars....back to the GTR, I like it, hope to see a fully tuned one make some fast laps, but I will probalby never have the money to buy one....
    ...that's why we have tuner mags.

I'm sure that there are some people who buy and run these things stock.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    ...that's why we have tuner mags.

I'm sure that there are some people who buy and run these things stock.
    yea...rich white guys who have nothing better to do than spend their money on something that will never leave the garage...if I had a Skyline I would surely keep it nice, but I damn sure would not let it sit in a garage all day, drive the thing...
    Oo____oO GT-R

With no statistics to base this on, I would figure most people keep even tuner cars like these stock.

Like I mentioned before, I think what makes me a "GTR guy"(apparently) is my amazement at some simple numbers...

1740kg
    480 something hp
    Sub-4 sec 0-60
    7:29 around the ring
    2 prop-shaft in the middle(just kinda funny IMO, and one is carbon fibre, having the 2nd one sorta negates any benefit of that)
    runs on runflat tires
    costs only 70k USD

Quite ridiculous all in all.....and this is a car approved by Carlos Ghosn, a renowned bean-counting, cost-cutting, no-non-sense-car-making CEO of Nissan/Renault....which means they have to be making profit off this thing thats somewhat limited production and having a hand-built engine....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Finally some sense talking to stop those "I-think-burger-king-tastes-better-than-mcdonalds'zzzz" people; thanks RacingManiac.

First of all, the GTR shouldn't even be compared to the likes of many cars where magazines had been pitting it against.

I don't see this as any story and 'surprising' at all ..... and this is not like a GOD-LIKE CAR .... if the GTR is 1100kg with the same dynamics. then it's shocking.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by CamNismo View Post
    yea...rich white guys who have nothing better to do than spend their money on something that will never leave the garage...if I had a Skyline I would surely keep it nice, but I damn sure would not let it sit in a garage all day, drive the thing...
    There's a difference between enjoying a stock car and tuning the crap out of it. Without a test of the base cars, we wouldn't be able to say - WOW! The Mine's GT-R is several times faster than the stock GT-R.

I'm not against modification. I just feel that some cars are fine as-is.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Damn you paul walker

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    Damn you paul walker

Hur??

Quote Originally Posted by camNismo
    ...if I had a Skyline I would surely keep it nice
    Does this mean you would fit it with a SICK bodykit?
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite View Post
    Does this mean you would fit it with a SICK bodykit?
    aren't all body kits sick?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    aren't all body kits sick?
    it depends .... the original supra looks like a lizard head without bodykits ....

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    it depends .... the original supra looks like a lizard head without bodykits ....
    original?
    Mk1 or Mk2
    Toyota Supra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MKII i meant ...

Thread Information