Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche accuses Nissan of cheating at Nurburgring

We've discussed this time and time again. What I wonder is several things - what is the real power of a stock GT-R?

Could a car that heavy even with all that fancy technology and AWD etc be as fast as it's competitors?

The Truth About Cars link posted earlier actually does a good job discussing the situation. If this and other claims are true - and I would side with them - then it is clear that Nissan's time is dishonest.

EDIT: A funny comment from a Jalopnik commenter:

Perhaps Porsche should verify the 'Ring times of all the vehicles in the world. Maybe it'll show what they suspected all along; that the 911 is the Nurburgring champion and no other manufacturer can produce a faster car than Porsche. I mean it must be true, Greta from accounting drove all those other cars on the 'Ring and she couldn't get the times that the other manufacturers are claiming.

Porsche should stop whining and just stick to charging $1,000 for a clock on their ass-engined Nazi slotcars.
    Last edited by Kitdy; 09-30-2008 at 10:17 PM.

Porsche should stop whining and just stick to charging $1,000 for a clock on their ass-engined Nazi slotcars.
    Thank you for that Charles Van Doren. <---prick

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    Thank you for that Charles Van Doren. <---prick
    I have a lot of respect for Porsche but I thought the post was quite funny.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    IIRC correctly the ZR1 driver was an engineer too
    I have a lot of doubts on how a development engineer get's to race a car like that, but really, who the hell cares, specialy me that will never have the money to buy one of theese.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    #Chassis engineers and test drivers are now the most knowledgable folks around for adjusting chassis/suspension/setup on a car.
    Drivers have become just that and reliant on computer telemetry to get setups sorted by engineers trawling the captured data !
    I'd put a chassis engineer with thousands of laps on the 'Ring ahead of most of the current nancy-boy F1 prima donnas
    I guess sarcasm in the internetz really goes out the window
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    I don't really have anything further to add to the whole debate. But I must say: I have greatly enjoyed the ruckus that has ensued this day between the GT-R fanboys and the haters. It never gets old hearing guys argue to the death on the internet over cars they have not and will never own.
    Well considering the price of the GT-R, it isn't that out of reach...

Not that I'd buy one.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    This is how it works.

Companies all buy their competitors products to test and tear apart. Porsche tested the GTR. Their results did not mesh with Nissan's, and they called them out on it. They've also, at this point, probably already purchased a ZR1 and ACR; but their results with those cars may have been similar enough to not warrant throwing the bullshit flag.
    I would have never expected you to post such a smart, serious and exact statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Well... currently active members = 1. It's either a very slow, non-popular forum or all the members just killed themselves.
    the second
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well considering the price of the GT-R, it isn't that out of reach...

Not that I'd buy one.
    I agree. I was just commenting on how the kind of ppl who go out and actually buy cars like the ZR-1, Viper, 911, or GT-R are usually not the same kind of ppl who will sit on a computer and argue with other ppl on the internet over which car has the biggest penis.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    What ever happened to the eary 11.3 quarter mile results? It seems that production GTR are running mostly high 11's to low 12's.........this is with LC and other Nissan gizmos.
    OMG! Owners not being able to match manufacturer quoted performance figures, or those set by professional drivers and magazine testers? CALL THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post

Chassis engineers and test drivers are now the most knowledgable folks around for adjusting chassis/suspension/setup on a car.
    Drivers have become just that and reliant on computer telemetry to get setups sorted by engineers trawling the captured data !
    I'd put a chassis engineer with thousands of laps on the 'Ring ahead of most of the current nancy-boy F1 prima donnas
    This.

I'll join in with everyone complaining about gt-r threads but nissan shouldn't inflate numbers by about 20 seconds either.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    This.

I'll join in with everyone complaining about gt-r threads but nissan shouldn't inflate numbers by about 20 seconds either.
    But at this very point in time there no actual proof past he-said she-said.

We just have to sit tight the onus is on Nissan to prove it now just chill and let them figure it out jeeze its not like its effecting your dayly lives (unless your monarocountry whos so obviously thretaned by it he trolls forums to slander it)
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

i don't see how it can be wheels considering you can't get slicks for 20" rims iirc - but even if it was well slap some of those wheels on your own GTR.
    was it power/driver? nissan will probably clarify i guess
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I doubt it, they'll say it was a claim that has no grounds in reality and dissmiss it.

Oh and in case you were wondering, any 911, any GTr, any Viper ACR, any ZR1: THEY'RE ALL RINGERS.
    *gasp*

"Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I have a lot of respect for Porsche but I thought the post was quite funny.
    Oh, without a doubt I agree, to someone who's background isn't german. But I have zero tolerance for anyone making statements with any remote relevance of generalizing the german population as nazis or the country's goods as nazi products. It's quite childish and says a lot about Doren's character. I will admit that given Doren's day and age those kind of comments were probably acceptable, but not so much anymore. People don't go around calling Alfa Romeos or Fiats fascist mobiles either. All countries have their dark history, but to shove it in their faces for decades upon decades into the future is futile.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    Oh, without a doubt I agree, to someone who's background isn't german.
    *Germanic......

Anyways its an area we have close ties too and its not very funny at all I'm sorry to report.

Humor like that can be very funny when its not close to home that said I dislike repeating it as its close to someones home.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Thread Information