Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Skyline J50 Crossover 2009-

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    in a lot of ways it makes perfect sense to me. the EX is something that answers questions that noone asked, because they didnt think to ask it.

i see it as a large hatchback/small estate, that has been made a bit taller to give a higher driving position which is one of the selling points of SUVs and large crossovers, and one of the reasons the R class and Caddy SRX didnt sell too well. it has no pretensions of going off road, but it has awd for driving on snowy roads, or on to the beach, or whatever yuppy women do that would require awd. but it is a good driving car, with a great engine, built on a very capable platform.

so what i'm saying is it takes all of the positives of driving an SUV, and gets rid of any pretensions of what it will unlikely every be used for. it couples these positives with all of the capabilities of the stellar G35/7 (not that I'm biased).
    I get your point, but does it carry enough to be considered a wagon? The whole point of a wagon is to avoid getting a SUV while getting around the same utility. When the wagon is almost as large as an SUV, carries less than a SUV, but consumes fuel about the same as a SUV, then I don't like it. The EX and Venza come to mind about the things I brought up. Then again, I'm not sure how much you can put into both cars.

I kind of don't like the fact that it doesn't look long enough. I like wagons, and I really hate the fact that EX is round and bulbous when it could have been elongated just a little to make extra room available for hauling stuff. That's the same gripe I have about the Venza too. Could be longer.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 04-17-2009 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I get your point, but does it carry enough to be considered a wagon? The whole point of a wagon is to avoid getting a SUV while getting around the same utility. When the wagon is almost as large as an SUV, carries less than a SUV, but consumes fuel about the same as a SUV, then I don't like it. The EX and Venza come to mind about the things I brought up. Then again, I'm not sure how much you can put into both cars.

I kind of don't like the fact that it doesn't look long enough. I like wagons, and I really hate the fact that EX is round and bulbous when it could have been elongated just a little to make extra room available for hauling stuff. That's the same gripe I have about the Venza too. Could be longer.
    i see your point, but the thing that discourages the purchase of a proper estate or SUV, in this class, is that they are huge. this is a relatively small vehicle, and not for someone that would need a big estate like the Stagea is. if you were to make a G35 hatch back, this would be it. look at the impreza hatch, its not a full big wagon, just a little bit more storage room. yeah, this is the impreza outback when compared to a regular impreza sedan. same thing. and as far as fuel economy, i am sure it is the same as the G35, so not really much of a penalty there.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I always cringe when auto makers saturate their esteemed model names for the sake of profit.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

i see your point, but the thing that discourages the purchase of a proper estate or SUV, in this class, is that they are huge. this is a relatively small vehicle, and not for someone that would need a big estate like the Stagea is. if you were to make a G35 hatch back, this would be it. look at the impreza hatch, its not a full big wagon, just a little bit more storage room. yeah, this is the impreza outback when compared to a regular impreza sedan. same thing. and as far as fuel economy, i am sure it is the same as the G35, so not really much of a penalty there.
    True, but I'd rather get the G35 sedan instead. Or the 3 Series estate, which is a true wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    True, but I'd rather get the G35 sedan instead. Or the 3 Series estate, which is a true wagon.
    and i'd rather a G35 coupe... oh wait...
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

and i'd rather a G35 coupe... oh wait...

looks cool

In terms of true trunk space I think this is actually less than the Sedan, but it does have a folding rear seat(which is absent from G35), which makes it a bit more useful...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Nissan Skyline Crossover #2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

fully explains why the name Skyline has been dropped for the current GTR....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Nissan Skyline Crossover #3
    Visca Catalunya!

Nissan Skyline Crossover #4
    Visca Catalunya!

Nissan Skyline Crossover #5
    Visca Catalunya!