Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferrari 599 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by demonrunning07 View Post
    I agree, some more 599XX details would have been nice; that thing is frickin' incredible. I really like the matte black (carbon fiber?) roof but I think they should have made this a lot more dramatic, more of a 599 Scuderia than a 599 Type R. Not to downplay this car's innate sexiness.
    I guess its a lot more of a 599 Scuderia than I thought it would be when the first pictures leaked. It's a lot faster than I could have ever predicted. And still with a lot of weight too! The next time Ferrari decide to make a car that weighs less than a battleship (the F70, maybe?), it's gonna be INSANELY fast!

I like this a lot. It's gorgeous.
    Last edited by demonrunning07; 04-12-2010 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aiasib View Post
    that is a sweet-looking machine

is anyone else getting a 'corvette vibe' from that second picture?
    Honestly, I've always thought the 599 takes after the corvette from a side profile like crazy. That said, I still think its dead sexy. Its a Ferrari, I couldn't not like it. Its against my religion. However, like others have said in other threads/posts, I don't believe this car should have GTO in its title. Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind having one.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Honestly, I've always thought the 599 takes after the corvette from a side profile like crazy. That said, I still think its dead sexy. Its a Ferrari, I couldn't not like it. Its against my religion. However, like others have said in other threads/posts, I don't believe this car should have GTO in its title. Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind having one.
    I think it's just the classic front-engine, rwd GT layout that the 599 and the Vette have in common. I don't think one copied the other; just a similar layout.

Quote Originally Posted by demonrunning07 View Post
    I think it's just the classic front-engine, rwd GT layout that the 599 and the Vette have in common. I don't think one copied the other; just a similar layout.
    this.
    same reason the 458 italia and the McLaren Mp412ckwiofdhuy thing have similar profiles/shape.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

looks like a V12 corvette to me

the age of super light weights (macca F1) are over . stricter crash regs mean the enzos 1300 + is just how the modera era is going to be . doesnt mean you cant have amazing handeling tho , as the Enzo , Zonda et al show

Thread Information