Thread: question for the (continental) europeans about french cars?

question for the (continental) europeans about french cars?

In terms of pricing or image are French cars considered upmarket like a volvo, or Alfa Romeo, or regular like vw, or Opel. So if u had to rank the passat cc, Opel insignia, rover 75, Peugeot 508, Citroen c5, Renault latitude, skoda superb, and the lancia thesis in terms of price, quality, and value how would they be ranked? I cant look up the prices as navigating a foreign language site on a mobile is impossible and there isn't a North American site, nor is the latitude available in the UK.... nor are any of the discontinued model's info. So I come here for a better idea
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Well, actually the classification is not as easy as it seems and sometimes it depends on the model. The perception can also vary between countries. Sometimes it even depends on the model itself.

For instance, I would say that the Citroën C6 is most definitely premium, but the C4 most definitely isn't. And on the other hand car like the Giulietta or the Delta (or European Hondas) have higher-than-average quality/prices, but they are not quite premium enough to be considered full on members of the premium club.

Of the models listed the Thesis is by far the most premium (and last ever proper Lancia and a future classic) and is class above the others (E-segment v D-segment); next would be the Rover 75 but bear in mind that they have both been discontinued (and Rover has disappeared altogether and Lancia seems to be following the same path). All of the other are generalist D-segment saloons (the Passat CC with sportier, more expensive twist).
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

All I can add is that Ferrer's taste in cars is somewhat unorthodox. This is how general public would rate them:

1. VW Passat. Premium-ness at its finest. Pricey, but premium. No to mention, this is one genuinely premium car.

2. Skoda Superb. A sound choice, good value for the money, a whiff of premium is present.

3-4-5. Peugot 508 - Citroen C5 - Opel Insignia. Not too bad , if only there was more premium built into them...

6. Renault Latitude. Definitely better than Dacia!

7. Rover 75. For local anglophiles only.

8. Lancia Thesis. Junk grade. A yardstick for un-premiumness.

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    All I can add is that Ferrer's taste in cars is somewhat unorthodox.
    Hahaha!

Oh wait.

I'm off to buy a Suzuki Kizashi.

Or something.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information