Zender Mercedes-Benz 190E (W201) 1983-

Zender Mercedes 190E (W201) #1
    Attached Images Attached Images

your adds are highly appreciated
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

The ultimate pimpmobile.
    UCP FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

All you need is a pair of big sunglasses, pastel dress shirt, white jeans and jacket, and presto, you're automatically a 1980's pimp right there.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    All you need is a pair of big sunglasses, pastel dress shirt, white jeans and jacket, and presto, you're automatically a 1980's pimp right there.
    You forgot sideburns. Very important.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    You forgot sideburns. Very important.
    Come on, man...
    Dolemite'd be turning over in his gold-encrusted grave.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I love the colour! Golden car with golden rims...perfect 80´s...

This car was an expression of luxury, developed around the new wide-body 190 bodykit. The interior followed the warm-hued theme, with two tone caramel and brown leather.

From the outside, there was no way this car could be called a standard 190 W201. Even the colour was new, a Zender specific shade of metallic gold which was more vibrant than any Mercedes hue of the era. Initially the car was fitted with a standard 190 grille albeit colour coded, whereas it later received a large central star in the style of the SEC C126.

Zender fitted its full bodykit to the car, with new bumpers, side skirts, and modifications to most side panels to fit large wheelarch extensions in the style of the Audi Quattro. A large three-piece spoiler was added to the tail, and the whole creation completed with a set of 16” Zender Turbo alloys.

Completing the look was a pair of painted door mirrors to match the body colour The interior followed the warm-hued theme, with two tone caramel and brown leather. The front seats were Recaro CSEs with full electrical operation, matched by individual Zender bucket seats in the back. Between the rear seats was a console with Blaupunkt Heidelberg radio, cassette holders, and two pairs of Sennheiser headphones to ensure comfort and calm from those in the back. Ideal for fans of 80s excess with young families, perhaps? Front seat passengers were kept entertained by a Blaupunkt Bamberg stereo. All four seats were heated, and weren’t the only items of interior trim to be covered in leather. Unlike the standard 190, the majority of surfaces in the car were hide-trimmed. The dashboard, centre console, door trims, headlining and side rails were all trimmed in caramel leather, finished with a caramel Zender steering wheel. Even the pillars and sun visors were leather-trimmed. The parcel shelf was refinished, incorporating six radio speakers. To have replicated this car in period using the Zender catalogue would have cost something in the region of 100,000DM – when a Mercedes-Benz 500SEL V126 as around the 75,000DM mark, it becomes clear that this was an overt expression of wealth and not a car many were likely to see in their local environs. Zender later developed additional bodykit items for the 190, including an SEC style bonnet and different rear spoilers. But none of these cars matched the visual drama of the initial widebody kit.

Source: https://drive-my.com/zender-tuned-me...enz-190e-w201/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information