Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 6

Art Morrison car, along with the black Mustang thing that I forgot the name of is the product of the last 10-15 years' Pro Touring/Resto Mod car. Take an old car, keep most of its styling, then add modern bits to it. You may not like it, but most of those cars are made and sold as much as your modern Ferraris.....

GT6 looks to continue that with the Mary Pozzi's 2nd Gen Camaro and Mark Stielow's 1st gen Camaro....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Art Morrison car, along with the black Mustang thing that I forgot the name of is the product of the last 10-15 years' Pro Touring/Resto Mod car. Take an old car, keep most of its styling, then add modern bits to it. You may not like it, but most of those cars are made and sold as much as your modern Ferraris.....

GT6 looks to continue that with the Mary Pozzi's 2nd Gen Camaro and Mark Stielow's 1st gen Camaro....
    I like resto mods that look period correct. Don't even think about putting 20 inch wheels on a Mustang- I've seen it and it looks horrid.

I miss some tracks from GT4 and GT3- Seattle was very tough- the braking points and all those crazy hills was nuts- forwards and reverse. El Capitan was great because it was very windy and had that wonderful corkscrew like Laguna Seca. And I miss the NY and HK circuits too. The HK one is fun just because it's so pretty, all the neon signs and stuff.

Yeah I definitely miss the classic GT track. Of all the tracks to bring back Apricot Hill won't be my pick....

Period correct with 14-15" wheels defeats the purpose...But too big obviously looks goofy...personally if they run as well as they look I don't really care.

Cars like this are what I am most looking forward to driving in this game...

www.fsae.utoronto.ca

A track I miss from the early games are Special Stage R11:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDsK1CIQ_7c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDsK1CIQ_7c[/ame]
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Apparently GT6 still has premium and standard cars.

Gran Turismo 6 Is Fantastic, Infuriating, Fantastically Infuriating

hmmmmm....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Apparently GT6 still has premium and standard cars.

Gran Turismo 6 Is Fantastic, Infuriating, Fantastically Infuriating
    I don't think it was ever mentioned it won't have them...it just said they are no longer separated in different dealer...

Some standard car actually have more detailed model now, just no interior...

I've been playing since I got off work. Got to National A license and raced a few races online also. The game is more or less a more polished version of GT5, which you sorta expect. Graphics looks more polished in general, though I do notice some hiccup at times with stuff popping on and off at a distance, and shadow in the cockpit is still kinda jagged...Menu system is still kinda messy, and load time is still long. Sound is still sorta meh. Tire noise is pretty real though.

When the game looks good though it looks really good. Bathurst looks awesome, as does Willow Spring and Goodwood. The lighting effect is really nice in the game with glare and reflection when the sun is low, but not the blingy, flashy lens flare that you see in NFS games or something. The dust/spray jaggedty pixel thing from GT5 is not seen anymore.

The game drives pretty fantastically IMO. I've had a go in quite a few cars now, and all have pretty distinct handling characteristics. Fit is a FWD box, but its light and nimble and you can really toss it about. The Clio RS has a great ass that can be wagged easily with throttle. Alpine A110 is like a French 911, KTM X-Box is darty and on knife edge all the time. And the new Shelby Mustang is a brute with lots of go and no finesse at all. The cars now feels like they have more weight moving about and you can feel it in your steering feedback. I think the FWD handling really changed a lot as now the trail braking and lift-off oversteer is much more pronounced. Though I still can't seem to get the car to lift wheel mid corner...

Its more of the same but better. And if you are looking for much different than I think it'll be disappointing to you.
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Hmm, I might hold off on it for now. I have very little time to play anyway. But I heard they're adding microtransactions, which I hate very much.

Is Twin Ring Motegi in it?

Edit- to give credit where credit is due, I'd rather have something like GT6 instead of Forza, which went overboard with microtransactions, much fewer cars and tracks.

Although I'm surprised GT6 isn't out for the PS4 as well at the same time.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 12-07-2013 at 05:03 AM.

Microtransaction is for the lazy gamer......I never understood the fact that you would pay someone to let you NOT play the game...you can still win all the cars, make the credit the same way you always have. The fact that with Pre-Order bonus you would get enough cars to basically demolish any single player level is already enough head start....

Motegi is in it, it was in GT5 also after some DLC. All the DLC track in GT5 has been added to GT6 plus more new tracks, original or real world.
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

This made me a little sad that I don't have a good gaming PC.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUXjr9QXM44"]Gran Turismo 6 vs Project CARS Build 623 - Pagani Huayra at Monza - YouTube[/ame]

And the audio was always a bit terrible on Gran Turismo.

I "accidentally" bought the 15th anniversary edition (long story) and was wondering if the bonus cars came free or if you had to buy them with credits like you did in Forza.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

No they come free to your account...as well as extra paint chips and special driving suits and helmets...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Does anyone ever have problems with Gran Turismo and racing at night? I feel like it's way too dark for me to see anything. It never was an issue in GT4. If I do a night race in GT5 I end up turning up the in game brightness all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Does anyone ever have problems with Gran Turismo and racing at night? I feel like it's way too dark for me to see anything. It never was an issue in GT4. If I do a night race in GT5 I end up turning up the in game brightness all the way.
    Usually there is a Brightness configurator inside the options menu (don't know if this is the case in GT6), if you use this correct, then the game should be at a correct level of darkness.

However, let's not forget true night races (that's NOT the F1 one's), are very dark. Just see the pre LED Le Mans onboard laps.
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Quote Originally Posted by Brix View Post
    Usually there is a Brightness configurator inside the options menu (don't know if this is the case in GT6), if you use this correct, then the game should be at a correct level of darkness.

However, let's not forget true night races (that's NOT the F1 one's), are very dark. Just see the pre LED Le Mans onboard laps.
    "See" being the key word.

Thread Information