Page 46 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game Are You Playing?

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    I'm concentrating my efforts on Ferrari Challenge these days, and holy crap is it ever a challenge. Its geared whole heartedly on only Ferrari of course, so you can tune every little thing imaginable on the cars prior to a race. Its done very professionally. The driving is very technical. The right joy stick is actually used to shift up and down by flicking it in the given directions. The only thing I hate about these games is that you can't even take a hand off the controller for a split second to scratch an itchy nut.
    any old school Ferrari's?
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

While the PS3 is being shipped back, I fired up the PS2.

I still have games I need to finish. I just started Shadow of the Colossus.

I also have God of War 1. That I'm in the middle of too.

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    any old school Ferrari's?
    I haven't got any yet. The only cars I've unlocked, other than the F430 that I'm stuck with from the beginning, are the 348 Challenge, 355 GTB, and 348 GTB. I'm a better driver in reality than in this video game, its really quite discouraging.

I haven't got any yet. The only cars I've unlocked, other than the F430 that I'm stuck with from the beginning, are the 348 Challenge, 355 GTB, and 348 GTB. I'm a better driver in reality than in this video game, its really quite discouraging.
    That's kind of my problem with these games. The electronic aids and stuff (the green/red braking line is my friend) that you get in forza help, but there's so much more information coming to you in real life and it's hard to control a car with a little joystick, especially when you learned on a steering wheel and pedals. Granted if I drove like that in real life I'd be dead right now rather than just having to restart a race, but it still sucks at times.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    That's kind of my problem with these games. The electronic aids and stuff (the green/red braking line is my friend) that you get in forza help, but there's so much more information coming to you in real life and it's hard to control a car with a little joystick, especially when you learned on a steering wheel and pedals. Granted if I drove like that in real life I'd be dead right now rather than just having to restart a race, but it still sucks at times.
    ... and if you want to get steering wheels and pedals for the game so that you can deal with more of the subtler and smaller things it costs a not-inconsiderable sum of money. Arrgh!
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Can you buy a set of pedals and a wheel with with paddle shift for the PS3? If so has anyone tried it?

Can you buy a set of pedals and a wheel with with paddle shift for the PS3? If so has anyone tried it?
    I think I remember seeing one, but it was $200 or so. I'm one of those PS haters, so I'm not sure.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

I'll have to look around. I still doubt that it will help my performance any. You still have zero road feel when you're playing a simulator. I just need a race track and my ferrari, then I'll be set.

I'll have to look around. I still doubt that it will help my performance any. You still have zero road feel when you're playing a simulator. I just need a race track and my ferrari, then I'll be set.
    Car and driver editors tested a wheel and pedal setup in their office and said it helped their lap times drop quite a bit. Still not going to have the same feel as real life, but it's considerably cheap. Given the choice though, go for the 360 CS and never look back.
    Big cities suck

You have some feel if you have a good wheel and it supports it properly. I got a logitech driving force pro for GT4, and I've used it for RBR, GTL and Volvo: The Game. Works very well and you really do get some feel through it. One of those should work fine on a PS3, the updated model is the driving force GT which is apparently very good. Basically a cut price logi G25 wheel, which is the daddy of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I bought CoD:WaW on steam last night because it's 50% off. Played the opening few missions, it's ok.. I wouldn't pay full price for it, but hey.. that's what specials are for. Offer is valid until 13th August, US time.
    My friend brought it over to play nazi zombies, got hooked. We managed level 18 in the first map after a bunch of tries, 2 players split-screen.

We beat the game in Competitive Co-op and I thought it was a good game, so I bought it.

I'm currently trying to beat the game in veteran, holy phuck it's hard. If you've done the vendetta mission you know how stupidly hard the sniper duel is. In veteran mode it's awful. I managed though. After several deaths.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

I played it in Normal.. the sniper dual was easy. The fact that I'm aiming with a mouse may have something to do with that too.

I played it in Normal.. the sniper dual was easy. The fact that I'm aiming with a mouse may have something to do with that too.
    Yeah probably. Mouse > sticks. I just re-did the mission in normal mode, first try = success. Much much easier than veteran, but less satisfying. And much less infuriating.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

You have some feel if you have a good wheel and it supports it properly. I got a logitech driving force pro for GT4, and I've used it for RBR, GTL and Volvo: The Game. Works very well and you really do get some feel through it. One of those should work fine on a PS3, the updated model is the driving force GT which is apparently very good. Basically a cut price logi G25 wheel, which is the daddy of them all.
    That's an actual game? BTW, if you do a google search for "lolvo" (I was bored) you come up.
    Big cities suck

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    50% of me wants the game, 50% of me doesn't.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Thread Information