Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Under 35K car

GTM Libra V6: 178bhp
    0-60=4.5secs
    top speed-160mph
    20 grand!
    You could get two (almost).

It is in the same market as the Elise but to ride in its great, you get loads of leg room and when my Dad and I were riding back from Donnington race track down towards London I reclined the seat and had a nap! How great, and it still manages to be a tiny car, with a boot big enough to fit a bag of golf clubs in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Suka; 02-19-2004 at 06:20 AM.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    chassis (shassy )

i just gotta ask, but whats the go with this?
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    i just gotta ask, but whats the go with this?
    Sorry I carried over some 'humour' from another group discussion I'm invovled int elsewhere

Chassis - in the UK pronounced shassy.
    In the US, it's chassy ( ch as in church )

In Oz, you probably call it chas knowing the propensity for abbreviating everything

With lots of members reading then maybe I can help educate the world in the English (!) language

Except that the mood has now passed and it won't be repeated !!

Quote Originally Posted by Suka
    GTM
    Well friends 1340cc GTM Rossa lasted for about a month.
    We're fitting MG Metro Turbo in this weekend.
    That extra power will likely last him a month (!) and he'll be looking to up the turbo and add intercoolers.

GTM's are great! We had a coupe before the Libra, that was a laugh.
    Just call me Tom

Sorry I carried over some 'humour' from another group discussion I'm invovled int elsewhere

Chassis - in the UK pronounced shassy.
    In the US, it's chassy ( ch as in church )

In Oz, you probably call it chas knowing the propensity for abbreviating everything

With lots of members reading then maybe I can help educate the world in the English (!) language

Except that the mood has now passed and it won't be repeated !!
    actually we take the english pronunciation, most people probably compare the spelling to the pronunciation and probably think its abbreviated already....
    I am the Stig

Well friends 1340cc GTM Rossa lasted for about a month.
    We're fitting MG Metro Turbo in this weekend.
    That extra power will likely last him a month (!) and he'll be looking to up the turbo and add intercoolers.
    OH NO !!
    Having shared the story of brother dropping th engine out of the Bagheera in trying to get off the line, I think I've cursed friends son's Rossa.
    He got the MG Turbo engine in with a bit of shoe-horning and modifications.
    I never got a chance to see it fully installed - maybe if I had ...
    Well the sad tale is that after a shake down run and everything looking OK, he started giving it some lick.
    Tried for a fast launch and the engine broke the bottom mounts. Luckily there's no room in the Rossa engine bay so the engine jsut hit the bulkheads !
    He was able to coax it home.
    So today is engine out (again) and we're going to fabricate engine stabilisers for the top end.
    I vaguely remember the works Mini setup and suggested we copy it's twin bar design ( I've seen some Minis with only one stabiliser )
    Shame as it's unlikely we can get it all together in time for this weekend's 1/4mile at Crail
    SUKA ? Do you know of any off-the-shelf stabiliser kits for the Rossa ?
    Engineering principles suggest we pin both to the passenger compartment bulkhead and large spreader plates inside - thoughts ??

yeah, what's the deal with all of the previous British colonies, Canadiens do this too, like we took the already shortened 'chevy' and turned it into 'chev'

anyway, i think that the C4s are good cars for under 35k and also Dodge stealths plus their counterpart the 3000GT.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Srt-4
    40 oz. to freedom.

why not cheaper

Although $25k less than what you are in the market for, mid-1970's Porsche 911's are fairly abundent and sell for about $15k. However, if you want to buy new, the Lotus would be you best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Is this 35,000 US Currency? If so, a Infiniti G35 Coupe or a Pontiac Bonneville.
    The Infiniti G35 is probably the best choice. The G35 has gotten #1 car for its class in just about every magazine. Not to mention, $32,000 is quite affordable for what you're getting.

He got the MG Turbo engine in with a bit of shoe-horning and modifications.
    Finished working on the Rossa this morning.
    Engine out and in twice - do NOT ask
    It now has no boot. We had to commandeer it for piping, fans and oil cooler.
    Sounds great ( he added a pop-off valve ) and it's taking part in a show tomorrow as one of the featured SS-R cars.
    I'll post some good pics of it.
    Suka, if you've any contacts for engine stabilising in the Rossa I'd appreciate dropping me a line.
    We've fabricated a stronger copy of the original mount but the engine still kicks.
    I've told him that fitting the competition clutch is contributing to that and he maybe should return to one with clutch-plate springs !!
    I gave it a shake-down run this morning and it's handling is excellent.
    Sory for repeating myself ( again and again ) but nothing matches a lightweright car with sharp handling
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Finished working on the Rossa this morning.
    Engine out and in twice - do NOT ask
    It now has no boot. We had to commandeer it for piping, fans and oil cooler.
    Sounds great ( he added a pop-off valve ) and it's taking part in a show tomorrow as one of the featured SS-R cars.
    I'll post some good pics of it.
    Suka, if you've any contacts for engine stabilising in the Rossa I'd appreciate dropping me a line.
    We've fabricated a stronger copy of the original mount but the engine still kicks.
    I've told him that fitting the competition clutch is contributing to that and he maybe should return to one with clutch-plate springs !!
    I gave it a shake-down run this morning and it's handling is excellent.
    Sory for repeating myself ( again and again ) but nothing matches a lightweright car with sharp handling
    Sorry Matra i dont no much about the Rossa's build! I could describe in detail about the libra but that wouldn't help being completely different in design.
    We are deciding wether to attach a second stabaliser bar to the libra because that kicks quite a bit when you cane it. We have the Libra up on some jacks if you want me to tell you anything.
    Last edited by Suka; 03-06-2004 at 09:48 AM.
    Just call me Tom

Thread Information