Children (under 16, under 5 free)
    Seniors
    Family Pass (2 adults and up to 3 children under 16) $17.00
    $10.50
    $10.50
    $42.00Group Bookings (minimum of 10)Adults
    Students$14.00
    $10.50

The Australian International Motor Show has announced the formation of a partnership with leading motoring magazine, Wheels, to display the talents of some of Australia's hottest young design talent.

This year's motor show will display the finalists in the inaugural Wheels Young Designer of the Year (YDOTY) competition.

Entries from 40 of Australia's next generation of automotive designers will be displayed in Foyer 1 at the Exhibition Centre from Friday 14th October 2005.

The Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries (FCAI) says the new show attraction reflects its commitment to the development of Australia?s automotive design capability.

"Such activities play a vital part in the development of the automotive industry's future. We are excited by the level of talent, skills and creativity displayed. The FCAI is privileged to be a part of this program," said Chief Executive, Peter Sturrock.

The design program offers budding automotive designers a platform to explore ideas and exhibit their abilities to the automotive industry.

All entrants are either tertiary students or recent graduates from University.

This year students were asked by Wheels to design a petrol/electric hybrid automobile that was 'dedicated to excitement.'

Entries will be judged on a range of criteria including innovation, functionality, safety and environmental considerations. As well as receiving the prestigious 2005 YDOTY Trophy, the winner will be given a nine month internship with Ford Australia's design team under the direction of its Chief Designer Simon Butterworth.

From slow and awkward "horseless carriage" to today's sleek and swift creations – the motor car has travelled a very long way. Yet the dizzying pace of automotive development is accelerating.

This year's Australian International Motor Show will reveal all the latest automotive developments – and preview the cars you will be able to drive tomorrow, next year or a decade from now.

The 2005 show will feature dozens of new models never seen in Australia before. Amongst the dazzling premieres you will find some of the fastest, most luxurious and cleverest cars ever conceived.

This year the show will also grow in scope. Several prestigious car brands are joining the list of exhibitors and there will be new attractions to entertain and intrigue visitors.

In short, you'll see cars you've never seen before. This website is your pit pass to the excitement of the southern hemisphere's biggest motor show. We'll bring you frequent updates between now and October, including photos, videos and a chance to win an exceptional prize.

Applications for media accreditation are now open.
    *cough^wouterpayattentiontothatpart^cough*

i know im heading there, who wants to join me? it will be a good way to meet up with aussie members, all wearing our nice new UCP tee's

is anyone aware of any cars to be unveiled at the Sydney Motor Show?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I'kk be broke by then
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

i'll see if my family wants to go down for it, bit i don't think i can afford ucp shirts atm
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I'll be at indy on the 23rd, but its likely the Mitsu 380 will be there, perhaps something vaguely resembling the new camry or VE...Ford will have their Mk3 Falcon rolled out with the new 6 speed auto and a few extras
    I am the Stig

cool. well i will take some pickies of them. my new card will allow me to take more then one pic of the better cars each!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

anything exotic? i'm not gonna fly down to look at magna or a camry :P
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Are there any camera's that use a USB drive? that'd be the go, seeing as ive got a 1gb usb drive
    I am the Stig

just think, if i get in with media pass *coughwoutercough* you guys can have some of the earliest acess to independant 380 pics across australia
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

we'll also be the only ones seriously interested in the thing as well though...
    I am the Stig

hahaha.. true.

im sure other things will be there though... other good things...
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Misubishi will probably have planted photographers and journo's that are paid by them in the crowd
    I am the Stig

ROFLMAO

sad because its true
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I think theres a fair amount of truth, like with manufacturers releasing their own PR statements on new cars (i remember when Ford released the Territory i found a massive PR release and posted it, took 17 posts)..there wouldnt be much between a journo and a pr guy
    I am the Stig

agreed.

ohwell, its still an aussie car, so i may aswell take some pics of it
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

i might go up for the day and check it out
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information