Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Racing in LeMons

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy (in VA) View Post
    What sort of engine is that in the 4th one? Unless I'm mistaken, the E30 didn't have a V8...
    you are not mistaken. that is a ford 302. the badging on the back said 302i, which was awesome. i could catch up with them on the corners, but they would lose me in the straights, so i was never able to make a pass stick. it had an auto, cant remember which one, and they had to completely rebuild the firewall to fit it. there was only enough room in the footwell for one foot on the gas, and the other foot on the brake.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ouLADlhwhs]YouTube - The Undergrounds Crash at Thunderhill[/ame]

a vid from the view of the 300ZX when it punted the CRX in the closing laps on saturday.

Nice to see that it stopped by.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

yeah.. they were the pit next to us, and they are all friends with our car owner. so there was a bit of a friendly rivalry. unfortunately for them, the crx has lots or roll cage tubing throughout the body to stiffen and strengthen it. so the damage to the crx was minimal, but the Z had lots of issues, with the radiator being bent into an S shape, and the front getting all out of whack. they spent most of the night fixing it to keep it on track on sunday.

Hey man, awesome to hear about the race!! Great pics man, maybe next time I can fly out and shoot some pics of you runnin or something.
    "Life is better because sex is a part of it." - Valerie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbscout View Post
    Hey man, awesome to hear about the race!! Great pics man, maybe next time I can fly out and shoot some pics of you runnin or something.
    even got you to post here Ben, awesome. for everyone elses edification, Dumbscout was my best man, and long time best friend.

so now on to some random pics of cars i enjoyed.

1. the Run DMC HoonDelorean
    2 and 3: the Mr. Bean mini, where you can see the front suspension through where the headlight once was.
    4: for Cyco, an XJS, with V12 and 315 width tires. sick amounts of grip and lots of speed coming out of the corners. shame about that whole reliability thing.
    5: Mystery Machine. driven by a couple very quick guys, and very slow women.
    6: Capri, in rhd. was apparently it was bought and imported under the assumption it was a cosworth. it wasnt, and so it sat in a warehouse for 14 or so of years, and these guys picked it up for 500 bucks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The fact that someone is racing a jaaaaaaag is awesome, reliability be damned.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

i love the tow 'bar' i guess, on the mini.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

ok, a bit of a correction. the hummda finished 51st as I said, with fast lap set by me at 2:28.528. the CRX finished not 91st, but in 82nd with fast lap of 2:27.348, not set by me.

the civic completed 264 laps on the 3 mile track.... so that is almost 800 racing miles in 2 days. in a dirt cheap little crap car. without using even a single quart of oil. amazing stuff. for those that are interested, the full race results are here: MYLAPS

more coverage: The Top 108 Lemons of the Goin' For Broken 24 Hours of LeMons - 24 Hours Of Lemons Thunderhill - Jalopnik

gallery of all of the cars that competed. the last third of the cars barely had any track time by comparison. i didnt see many of them on track.

Thread Information