The only XJR15 with a R9R chassis number is the 1st (or last if you look at it that way). EMC formally Aztec where commissioned to build 50 tubs. The 1st one was the reference chassis which was checked and certified by TWR engineers to ensure all was correct. It remained at Aztec until all the production series where checked off before going back to TWR. This was the reference chassis to which any production problems would be referred and check. It was later built up into a car mopping up much of the few spares which were held by TWR.
Having sold the cars there was a liability to have parts available for them for at least 5 years (might be 10, I'm not sure) I contacted Jaguar to try and get some parts within this time frame and the matter was referred up to the highest level. I was explicitly told that the car was not and had never been a jaguar! It was made by TWR and was a TWR R9R to whom they had given permission to call it a Jaguar XJR15. There was therefore no parts availability form Jaguar, no liability to make parts available, It was not a Jaguar and would never be a Jaguar!!!
TWR of course said it was a Jaguar and to contact Spares at Browns Lane.
I acquired project R9R from the Receivers when TWR went into administration.
The tooling for R390 came with it as it was the same mold.
The R9R bonnet badges should have been removed from the 1st few cars prior to being released to customers. The key bit is should have.