Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale vs Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale vs Porsche 911 GT3 RS

which one is better car?

forget the difference in price since the porsche wins hands down in value for money and performance per dollar

if you could choose to own one which one would it be

forget depreciation (let's be honest you wouldnt sell it for your life) or insurance rates or wutever

The Ferrari all the way. Ferrari just has more racing heritage and that is evident in its trackability. I think it is a sweeter car in general.

Got to be the GT3 for it's arrive and enjoy experience on trackdays.

no molly-coddling, no watching temperature guages, no excessive disk ROTOR wear and just as fast when pushed HARD.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Ferrari 360CS

Both are great cars with similar performance but I would take the Ferrari because it is a track car (just like the Porsche) but it doesn't look like a track car. If you saw a 911RS on the road you will instantly say that is a track car. I've seen a 360CS on the road and it looks like a road car.

I gotta take the 360CS. The 360 modena is my favorite ferrari, and the 360CS just makes it even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Got to be the GT3 for it's arrive and enjoy experience on trackdays.

no molly-coddling, no watching temperature guages, no excessive disk ROTOR wear and just as fast when pushed HARD.
    That's all irrelevant once you've heard the Challenge Stradale.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

ferrari 360 mostly but the porsche is soooooo uncoumfterble! the ferrari's is much better and faster but apparently im tired and bored sick and tired of ferrari now being such a big shot, soz if i offended any1
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    That's all irrelevant once you've heard the Challenge Stradale.
    Partially true
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...2&postcount=10
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I've heard the 360CS, but I'd have to be the GT3 RS.

Look at the GT racers - Porsche 911 is the dominant force ahead of Ferrari, there must be a good reason for that.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    I've heard the 360CS, but I'd have to be the GT3 RS.

Look at the GT racers - Porsche 911 is the dominant force ahead of Ferrari, there must be a good reason for that.
    That's mostly due to a much larger budget and factory support and the much longer development time. The Freisinger team, is basically a works entry.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Not quite hearsay buy tv-docco nut here. I heard on a recent docco that most 911 GT3s last the entire season without any engine/mechanical repairs. Pretty impressive with dozens of race weekends.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

emmm i dont know but if u follow this link u will be able to see for yourselves the result of the last GT race that took place in China last week, in which an amazing 9 out the first 10 cars are either Maserati cars and Ferrari cars. The other car in the top 10 is a Saleen, and not a Porsche. Moreover no Ferrari or Maserati cars retired during the race, contrary to the Porsche cars. I know that this only one race`s result, but it is pretty much a reflection of the season, where Ferrari were dominant in the GT classs, and there was another manufacturer which gave it some serious competition, it was definetly Saleen, not Porsche.

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view...d=8&nid=102710

I cant remember the countless times that th GT podium was 1-2-3 for Ferrari, or at least 1-2 !!! Ferrari are not only dominating Formula 1 racing, but also GT, as is Alfa Romeo which won the ETCC Championship for the last 6 years in a row.

There are some people ou there who seriously hate Ferrari for no solid or serious reason whatsoever....maybe u should refer to BBC Topgear`s Ferrari 360 cs VS GT3 RS test video in order to make up ur mind.
    According to Clarkson, " a Ferrari is a toned up version of God" and the Porsche is a good car to make you entertained on a track, to be honest, he said that it is " a very good car", but in order to be amazed on track, u should have a Ferrari 360 CS.

He continued to give tribute to the Ferrari`s superiority in engineering, in all areas, power, wieght reduction, etc...

The same has to be said to Tiff Needel`s test of the standard 360 Modena, which he labels as the"best car in the world" which dethroned the 355.

All you need to do is just download these 2 video clips and see for yourselves guys.

in my opinion, BBC topgear is one of the most professional and most unbiased programmes around, and it is them who are the experts, who drive all the best cars as soon as they are out, and therefore I think that their advice is worth much more than people who choose Porsche over Ferrari every time, just because Ferrari is Italian and its racing history and heritage cannot be matched by any other manufacturer.

You are mixing up two classes there buddy. The GTS class is mainly dominated by the Ferraris, which last longer than the Saleens. In the GT class, the Porsches are at least equal with Modenas in sprint races and in real endurance races they are superior. Those retirements are most likely due to crashes.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Scuderia
    emmm i dont know but if u follow this link u will be able to see for yourselves the result of the last GT race that took place in China last week, in which an amazing 9 out the first 10 cars are either Maserati cars and Ferrari cars. The other car in the top 10 is a Saleen, and not a Porsche.
    BUT ....
    Maserati and Ferrari are GT class cars.
    Porsche only run N-GT class cars.
    So you're not comparing equivalent classes, which makes most of the position irrelevant, sorry

REGS:
    GT : http://www.fia.com/resources/documen...04_Art_258.pdf
    N-GT : http://www.fia.com/resources/documen...04_Art_257.pdf

Any comparison needs ALL the difference sin the regs to be considerd
    Moreover no Ferrari or Maserati cars retired during the race, contrary to the Porsche cars. I know that this only one race`s result, but it is pretty much a reflection of the season, where Ferrari were dominant in the GT classs, and there was another manufacturer which gave it some serious competition, it was definetly Saleen, not Porsche.
    But Porsche and Ferrari were racing in different classes.
    I cant remember the countless times that th GT podium was 1-2-3 for Ferrari, or at least 1-2 !!! Ferrari are not only dominating Formula 1 racing, but also GT,
    Does it need repeating ?
    as is Alfa Romeo which won the ETCC Championship for the last 6 years in a row.
    ETCC isn't a big series anymore so few manufacturers have been makign series attacks on it.
    Vauxhall pulled out and reduced their invovlement when the ETCC and BTCC couldnt' agree and set up silly regs. Shame coz it used to be a good race series
    in my opinion, BBC topgear is one of the most professional and most unbiased programmes around,
    Do we watch the same Top Gear ?
    Clarkson's bias is unbelievable and he sets out to be contentious.
    He admits it.
    That's why NO FErrari gets placed well on the "cool wall"
    just because Ferrari is Italian and its racing history and heritage cannot be matched by any other manufacturer.
    and equally their worst years in the wilderness have seldom been matched too.
    Ferrari are definately on a high, but it doesn't need "talking up".
    Great but not at the peak they once held.
    Dare I say "Le Mans"

got to be the gt3 rs.

if this is what the standard gt3 sounds like imagine what the rs is like

http://content2.eu.porsche.com/prod/...periencesounds
    try the start and accel. it sounds so good at the top end
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Thread Information