Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeep Renegade 2014-

Jeep Renegade 2014-

The Jeep Renegade (BU) is a subcompact crossover SUV (mini SUV in Europe) from the Jeep division of Chrysler. It will be built in Melfi, Italy alongside the related Fiat 500X with which it shares its platform. It was first shown to the public in March, 2014 at the Geneva Motor Show.

This will be the first Jeep product to be produced exclusively outside of the United States and North America, being produced in Melfi, Italy.

The Renegade offers two four-wheel drive systems Active Drive I and Active Drive Low both are paired with Jeep's Selec-Terrain System. It also has an available My Sky dual panel removable roof. The My Sky can be either retracted like a standard sunroof or removed completely for a more open-air experience, much like that of the Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.

There are conflicting reports as to whether the Renegade will be the replacement of the Patriot and Compass (which has replaced by four-cylinder versions of the Cherokee, even though the V6 versions replaced the Jeep Liberty), which are scheduled for discontinuation by mid-2014.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duell; 03-10-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Renegade #2
    Last edited by Duell; 03-10-2014 at 02:22 AM.

It must be the way the pictures were taken, but it looks and feels like a kei car, this.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I like it. I think it's cute.

I think it looks to much like a old fiat Panda 4x4 to be a real Jeep.
    But it certainly has it's appeal.

I don't see the appeal in it, but that's just me. For the most part I'm anti SUV, even the CR-V I don't really like too much. I personally don't like being too high up for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It must be the way the pictures were taken, but it looks and feels like a kei car, this.
    It def has a Nissan Cube vibe to it. Is the Wrangler available in Europe and if so how does it fare?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    It def has a Nissan Cube vibe to it. Is the Wrangler available in Europe and if so how does it fare?
    It is available, with a 2.8 litre diesel engine.

It can be seen sometimes, but I doubt it is very popular.
    Visca Catalunya!

The Wrangler is the absolute antithesis of fuel economy. I'm surprised they sell at all.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    The Wrangler is the absolute antithesis of fuel economy. I'm surprised they sell at all.
    Jeep sold 8 Wranglers in 2013 in the Netherlands, I still find that a lot for a country where there are almost no off road trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    Jeep sold 8 Wranglers in 2013 in the Netherlands, I still find that a lot for a country where there are almost no off road trails.
    They're hugely popular here. All the hipsters drive around without the tops and doors in the summertime plus it's an SUV so it's gotta be at least half decent in the snow. Thought that woulda been appealing to Europeans as well (not generalizing the whole continent as hipsters of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    They're hugely popular here. All the hipsters drive around without the tops and doors in the summertime plus it's an SUV so it's gotta be at least half decent in the snow. Thought that woulda been appealing to Europeans as well (not generalizing the whole continent as hipsters of course)
    Well, discard the bottom half of Europe as it never snows and rarely rains. Factor in the fuel prices (especially), the corners and the speed and you'll find that the Wrangler is pretty hopeless for us.

Also, hipster do not drive cars at all. They use bicycles or other weapons of mass annoyment.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    They use bicycles or other weapons of mass annoyment.
    LOL
    I think gas prices are the biggest problem. ( and here we also pay roadtax according to the weight of the vehicle, a Wrangler isn't light)

In the USA you pay about $ 3.30 per gallon (premium gasoline)
    Here we pay E 1.70 per litre.
    Converting to USA standards -> E 1.70 x 3.78 = E 6.42 per gallon = $ 4.50
    strange, I thought it would be a bigger difference. Or is my calculation wrong?

Your Euro to Dollar calculation is backwards.
    Here in Connectishit, premium is about $4.00/gallon, which translates to 75 eurocents/liter. €1.70/liter is about $8.99/gallon. So, Dutch gas is more than double the price in a place where gas prices are on the higher side of the American gas-price continuum.
    In New Jersey, Virginia, or the middle of the country you might still be able to find $3.00/gallon (I paid $3.03/gal driving through Virginia this past August) and you're talking 50 eurocents/liter.

Hence our love of the Wrangler. Even I like them, sort of, and I don't like trucks.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Can you give the equivalent prices in 87 RON? Kthxbai.

Here 87 is about 1.30L and diesel 1.40/L and our dollar is 90 US cents and 0.65 Euro.

Thread Information