Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: dydzi's car reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    oh you mean the sunroof? iirc the car didn't have any... but any other car with the sunroof i saw had it
    Yeah! damn memory forgot the word, and the dictionary read 'hatch'... I supposed it would turn out to be kind of wrong

ok, got less time recently, but i want to keep up with moar cars

this time i want to share with you my opinion on Opel Corsa - the one i had for a week had 1,3 CDTI engine and had "enjoy" ticked in option box.

hitherto i regarded corsa as a very boring car, but i gotta tell you it's a very well executed product. it looks really nice, has functional and nice interior, is well built and drives well. while driving, it creates similar feeling to opel astra III - and that's a good thing, i enjoy driving new opels. one thing i don't like about them is that control console - i find it unergonomic and impractical. but you can get used to it.

i chose this car specially for faksta - because it had a sunroof i spent a week with this car in the middle of summer, so i made good use of it. it's a great thing, though it's hard to keep it open when going faster than 80 km/h - the roar is too loud inside. apart from that, interior is very comfortable - much of space, nice materials, nice design, good quality built

what's interesting, the 1,3 CDTI 90 bhp engine comes from poland. it's quite economical - i used the car mostly outside cities and often reached level of less than 4 l/100 km. too bad engine is that boring and lousy - the turbolag is the biggest i have ever experienced and under 2500 rpm the car has literally no power. yet, gearbox is very good, however difference between 5th and 6th could be bigger. steering is also satisfactory - easy to handle in city, confident on highway. same goes to suspension.

though, corsa is quite pricey, and lacks style of grande punto, which is basically the same car. overall, i liked the week spent with corsa - not only because i went with it on the best music festival i've ever been to
    12 cylinders or walk!

That interior...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

... is original and "not-again-that-boring-black-on-grey-plastic". i liked it
    12 cylinders or walk!

... is original and "not-again-that-boring-black-on-grey-plastic". i liked it
    I'd have to crash on purpose to end it if I was driving.
    Visca Catalunya!

well it's a part of that hard job of moto journalist to live with cars like this
    12 cylinders or walk!

Basically, I love that dash, If I were to get one that interior is a MUST!

I love the Corsa, A mate has a Club 1.4Auto which is nice other than the slushbox, I prefer my other mates black 1.2 Breeze, very comfortable, plenty of interior space, the whole dashboard layout is gret I think, really like it's glowing orange lights at night and the squishy rubberised dials. Wouldn't say no to one....
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 11-04-2008 at 03:45 PM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

I find the exterior of the Corsa not very easy on the eye, a little too much ready for tunning. and never liked the Opel's interiors, so thanks for the review, thanks for the info on th engine, I'd take the Punto !
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

i chose this car specially for faksta - because it had a sunroof
    Oh..you're so kind.. Where can I pick it?

On the beginning of september I was invited for first drives in Poland of Mitsubishi Lancer Sportsback. It was a two day event with about 20 journalists invited. There were about 20 cars in all the variations availible and I had opportunity to test them all.

The interesting thing about this car is - from distance, or when you don't think about it, this car seems to be aggressive and more offensive that it's contenders. But when you look closer, it's more of "just-another-dull-japanese-compact". Everything is just as you'd expect - satisfactory steering, good gearbox, reasonably good handling, everything is something about average or just above it. Though boot capacity is inacceptably small, multimedia rockford fosgate set made me happy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12 cylinders or walk!

Thats my nominee for ugliest vehicle of the year, right there.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

the chromed line around the grille is so ugly, it seems a cheap aftermarket bought at the grocery's store
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Thats my nominee for ugliest vehicle of the year, right there.
    Not the pretties one for sure, but for the nomination I'd advice you to look at this year's Mitsubishi Colt.

The car for today is Citroen C4 by Loeb with a 2.0 HDi engine. I wasn't the person responsible for the test, but together with the man I went from Warsaw to Gdansk (by the Baltic Sea) and fro, so that is couple of hundreds of kilometres.

I gotta say the car surprised me in a positive way - I can honestly recommend it as an optimal compact car. C4 is quite good for a start, but Loeb-signed clothing makes it a real deal. The engine - though it's a diesel - suits the car. It's quite powerful and develops the power in a cultural way, yet quite economical. suspension's pretty tough, but not to call it uncomfortable. still crispy and gives much confidence on fast cornering. i'd expect more feeling from the steering system, but it looks like it's a problem with all new french cars... after too soft suspension now too soft steering

i really like exterior and interior. remember the car's not that young - four years on the market - and it still looks so modern and interesting - like it could've been presented this march on geneva auto show. interior's quality is a positive surprise as well - no unwanted noises, materials are reasonably good as for its class. though interior's design is on the downside imo. only thing i really liked about it is the speedo - invented in such a smart way that letting the sun through it, it's always readable.
    12 cylinders or walk!

I personally think that the 5 door looks better than the 3 door. And when I sat on one I noticed a weird driving position. Maybe it was the seat that was set up badly.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information