Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Google Van is getting quick

Wow, that thing looks fresh. Keeping it air cooled too eh. Very nice car! How's she run?

I sure wish I had a car just for the track. Even something puny like a shifter kart would make me happy.
    Last edited by DesmoRob; 08-14-2009 at 12:46 AM.

solid, nothing has broken yet, and it's been through quite a lot of trackdays. quite smooth and tactile (i mean it's no lexus, but compared to other cars of that age)
    back to basics motoring i guess.
    i did the fiset test here:
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...tml#post892208
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Looks like you sure picked a great car. Is this a fulfilled childhood dream of yours to have a Porsche, or was it just something that crossed your path at the right moment in time?

i didn't know anything about porsche until i got this car, haha. just wanted to get into motorsport and sort of picked the deep end of the pool to dive into first lol
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

you're a brave man. I'd have been too scared of the maintenance costs for a guy my age. Although if the old man talked a good talk about how great the car had been to him I may have been convinced otherwise.

maintenance is reasonably affordable, obviously higher than average thanks to all the track duty.. as a daily it'd be not much. probably around a grand a year in servicing if it was not being tracked. less than that for the GT3.
    of course i just shelled out like, $1100 for track tires. ****.

I tried hitting on Google- directions to Corkscrew turn. It said just follow the darn track you idiot.

DesmoRob, you realize that both the aircooled one and the GT3 are his right?

I've been jealous for a long time.

GT3 is definately not mine
    i do drive it every now and then though

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. You saved me from having to change shorts . Good on ya for at least getting to drive the beast though. That thing is dead even with the 360 CS. It must be one hell of a car to toss around. The nicest car I've ever driven is an '04 Carrera 4S. I don't care what anyone says, but the 996 cars kick tons of ass.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. You saved me from having to change shorts . Good on ya for at least getting to drive the beast though. That thing is dead even with the 360 CS. It must be one hell of a car to toss around. The nicest car I've ever driven is an '04 Carrera 4S. I don't care what anyone says, but the 996 cars kick tons of ass.
    yeah, any model GT3 is a must own or drive sports car of this generation of cars imo. it's even economical..
    test drove the C4S back when we had no idea what to get, was nice, probably not much point in this climate though.
    some of the other carrera's - i don't know. i think if we'd skipped over the GT3 it would have been a big mistake. would have been happy at first with a carrera or a targa etc etc, probably right up until the first trackday.

i do drive it every now and then though
    If it's not yours, it's definitely your fathers right?

Then it's pretty much yours.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Jeez, the nicest I've ever driven was a 2002-ish TL Type S.

I have a lot more driving to do.

yeah, any model GT3 is a must own or drive sports car of this generation of cars imo. it's even economical..
    test drove the C4S back when we had no idea what to get, was nice, probably not much point in this climate though.
    some of the other carrera's - i don't know. i think if we'd skipped over the GT3 it would have been a big mistake. would have been happy at first with a carrera or a targa etc etc, probably right up until the first trackday.
    Like Clarkson had said- it's got scaffolding in the back!

But unlike Clarkson, I like the GT3 very much.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    If it's not yours, it's definitely your fathers right?

Then it's pretty much yours.
    haha soon...soon....
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post

Like Clarkson had said- it's got scaffolding in the back!

But unlike Clarkson, I like the GT3 very much.
    rollcage is an option on RS models, tick a few boxes and you're ready to endurance race lol...

haha soon...soon....

rollcage is an option on RS models, tick a few boxes and you're ready to endurance race lol...
    That's cool.

Pretty much just add a fuel cell and the roll cage, maybe a Hans device and that's it.

Thread Information