Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Schumacher penalty too light?

Michael Schumacher penalty too light?

I know its been a few weeks and im not sure if this has been put already but I would have to say i was quite disipointed that MIchael Schumi only got a 10 spot grid pentalty for next race. He has always been very agressive. When a guy is promoting road saftey from the FIA you would think that it would have been a black flag. But being so close to finish at least a suspention or something. Right?
    Last edited by henk4; 08-09-2010 at 05:52 PM. Reason: removed references to previous issues

in the mean time Schumacher has had a review of the footage, and subsequently apologised. That is a implicit affirmative reply to the thread title....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Well, they did fine him €50,000 as well.

But yeah, still; not enough.

And they FIA knows hes like this. Famous when he ran into Jacques and the same when him and damon collided. Just thought id say that. And see what your opinion is on this

It's not like he's the only driver who's done this, though. Not even this year. Look at Lewis Hamilton in china, he got a warning. And another warning for a similar incident later on.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Ban him.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I think the stewards have already confirmed had the incident occured earlier in the race, he wouldve been black flagged. The 10 place penalty was possibly the harshest penalty they could give him following a post race investigation.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by kylekosir View Post
    And they FIA knows hes like this. Famous when he ran into Jacques and the same when him and damon collided. Just thought id say that. And see what your opinion is on this
    Thankfuly neither of those was an example of a gentleman driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Ban him.
    We can't. He is not a member.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    We can't. He is not a member.
    But, but,... you are... Super Moderators...

Or something.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But, but,... you are... Super Moderators...

Or something.
    Yes, Wouter told me I would have full control of everything, but now I see it wasn't true.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Yes, of course the ten spot penalty is too little. Isn't the penalty for an engine change 10 spots? Jeez, that block on Rubens was one of the nastiest-looking things that I have seen on a race track in quite a while. Surely a one-race suspension coupled with probation would have been more apt. And the monetary penalty; give me a break! It's barely lunch money for Schumi.

Good ole Schumi has been a menace this season. He should have been on probation after the Montreal race. I'm starting to think he's practicing for a nascar career.

Quote Originally Posted by fairlyoldguy View Post
    Yes, of course the ten spot penalty is too little. Isn't the penalty for an engine change 10 spots? Jeez, that block on Rubens was one of the nastiest-looking things that I have seen on a race track in quite a while. Surely a one-race suspension coupled with probation would have been more apt. And the monetary penalty; give me a break! It's barely lunch money for Schumi.
    Nastiest thing on F1....not nearly as ridiculous as many of the NASCAR wreck this year...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

The intentional wrecking in NASCAR is an absolute joke. Carl Edwards should have received extreme punishment for his intentional bumping of that guy - I'm talking a huge fine and ban from the season.

If someone dies because of this it's going to be tragic and it would have been largely preventable by NASCAR if they had harsher penalties.

Oh yeah, the nasty stuff in NASCRAP. Well, the powers that be have told the drivers there to take off the gloves, "Have at it, boys" or whatever. Well, I haven't watched much NASCAR for years for precisely that reason. You see, the NASCAR fans expect a different sort of combat than open-wheel and sports car fans. Their motto is rubbin' is racin'. But the NASCAR demographic - white working-class, red-state, highly "churched", etc. is the direct opposite from mine - NY City, upper-class, secular Jewish. But, as a fan of Indy Car, ALMS, and other road racing, what goes on in Nascar concerns me. If a couple of these bozos get together on the track in just a slightly different way than they have, they could put a car, or debris into the stand, or even just go flying onto pit lane and take down a bunch of mechanics and officials. Then , some one in the media gets on this, then some legislator decides to make waves, and suddenly racing is under attack, with who knows what result. So, what goes on in NASCAR affects all of us. Now, back to Schumi--Fangio, Moss, Clark, Stewart, Gurney, G. Hill, P.Hill- they wouldn't have done this stuff. Schumi, and the sainted Senna are tarnished by their driving tactics. (And now, back to listening to Henrik Gorecki's Third symphony)

Thread Information