Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indy set for F1 season 2006

Indy set for F1 season 2006

Yep!
    The US Grand Prix is set to return to Indianapolis next year despite the problems surrounding this year's race.
    Only six cars took part after safety fears over Michelin tyres forced the other teams to pull out.

But the Indianapolis Motor Speedway has confirmed that the 2006 race will be held on 2 July, subject fo final approval by the governing FIA.

"The Indianapolis Motor Speedway will be prepared for the 2006 US Grand Prix," said president Joie Chitwood.

He added: "The IMS staff never stopped working on 2006 and promoting Formula One racing in the U.S."

Angry fans hurled bottles and cans on the track and there were fears that Formula One would not return to the Brickyard again.

Sports marketer Mark Ganis of Sportscorp in Chicago said next year's race could determine the future of F1 racing in the United States.

"They'd better have this race go off without a hitch and find some fan-friendly activities," he said.

"It left a bad taste in a lot of fans' mouths. They must make sure nothing goes wrong."
    Hmm....

Well, I attended the United States Grand Prix this year, getting the refund for the race. But it still doesn't make up for all the money I spent on the flights and hotels. I probably will not attend an F1 race ever again.

BTW, that was my first F1 "race" ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In
    I probably will not attend an F1 race ever again
    Well then you're an idiot aren't you.

How many F1 races have been affected by such circumstances before?

<1%?

And the chances of anyything like it happening again?

Think of all of the people in the world who will never even get to see one F1 car, then think of how lucky you are to even have the opportunity to go again, then stop feeling so sorry for yourself.
    Thanks for all the fish

go see another F1 race

but now u also have the option of going to see A1 racing for a fraaction of the price tickets from what ive seen are no where near as expensive.

that should good fun to watch this year
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Well, I attended the United States Grand Prix this year, getting the refund for the race. But it still doesn't make up for all the money I spent on the flights and hotels. I probably will not attend an F1 race ever again.

BTW, that was my first F1 "race" ever.
    I went to the race too and I'm also getting the refund, but I live only a hour away from Indy so I don't have the factor of the travel costs.

BTW, I'm fairly sure that we'll be going back for '06.
    Last edited by aNOBLEman; 09-22-2005 at 06:40 PM.

I have high hopes for next year's F1 series... but low expectations .

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks

<1%?

Think of all of the people in the world who will never even get to see one F1 car, then think of how lucky you are to even have the opportunity to go again, then stop feeling so sorry for yourself.
    Understandable, but tell that to his bank account, which went down probably $800 dollars from the ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Understandable, but tell that to his bank account, which went down probably $800 dollars from the ordeal.
    BUt it happens all the time Rocke

WRC has been full of cancelled stages for "stupid" reasons and for valid reasons. With the modern format that may be the stage someone has spent lots of money flying to see - and outside of the US flights are expensive

Drag strips outside of california are often cancelled due to rain. Britain has to be the silliest place to want to run a dry-weather sport.

Which brings us to cricket and tennis Lots of days cancelled and no refunds of very expensive and VERY HARD to get tickets - Wimbledon is a ballot, you've a 1 in thousands chance of being able to buy the ticket and then don't see any games ?

Indy if it's wet ?

I think the issue here isn't really the loss it's to do with the frustration over the reasons it ocurred and the lack of understanding of the need for safety of the driver in an F1 machine and the constitutional responsibility of the players in the game.

US F1 fans are "lucky" in gettign the ticket refunded ! And it's set a precedent for them, so if anything DOES happen next year they are almost guaranteed to recoup their ticket costs. Nobody taking the HUGE expense to go to China or Japan is that lucky
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 09-23-2005 at 12:47 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I think its good news regardless of the circumstances. I know theres much better tracks out there, but Bernie's made a commitment to attract the US fans, so its good to see at least IMS is willing to help with that.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    I went to the race too and I'm also getting the refund, but I live only a hour away from Indy so I don't have the factor of the travel costs.

BTW, I'm fairly sure that we'll be going back for '06.
    I really wish the USGP started before I moved to Florida, because before 1998 I lived in Dayton, OH and it would've only been a 2 hour drive to Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks

<1%?

Have it happen to you during your first F1 race ever, lose a good amount of your earned cash just because rich drivers don't want to race because of political reasons. Then you'll be in my shoes.

And I honestly don't know if I'll go to another F1 race again due to all of the drama going around whether GPWC will occur or not.

Instead I'll spend my hard earned money on something else like track days or driving school.

Yes, I'm sure that Ralph Schumacher's crash was just a "political" move wasn't it.
    Thanks for all the fish

If you don't think pulling out of the F1 race like that (the Michelin teams) had nothing to do with politics at all, you're fooling yourself.

Have it happen to you during your first F1 race ever, lose a good amount of your earned cash just because rich drivers don't want to race because of political reasons. Then you'll be in my shoes.
    Risk YOUR life at 180mph on a tyre you don't know if it will blow out and spin you into a wall and potentially KILL you and then come back to me.
    Instead I'll spend my hard earned money on something else like track days or driving school.
    Definately best choice. If it's between watching it and doing it I've never been one to go to a blue movie
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information