Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Veyron Owner Can't Park

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    PRoblem in the UK is that not only is everywhere monitored on CCTVs but all the parking stuff is done using "technology". So handhel box links to local parkign meters and reads the tickets on cars to confirm validity adn if more than 2 minutes over due AUTOMATICALLY print out the ticket and take photos of car timestamped that is uploaded to the compter file on the case. Nothing along the chain where people can be bribed I hear beating them up doesn't work any more either !!

I once was IN COURT for an erroneous parking ticket. 4 months of letters an dcommunicatiosn and the "compjuter system" still wanted me to pay the fine. So I wen tto court and having a great defense lawyer ( represetnted myself ) got off with it AND the SHerrif ( Scottish equivelent of the judge ) not only APOLOGISED to me but torn a strip off the prosecution Procurator Fiscal ( == District Attorney ) and ahd them pay all my expenses All along the way a human being coudl have stopped it but the computer systema dn the "Process" doesn't allow individuals to make choices like that .

Welcome to BIG BROTHER BRITAIN !!!!!!!!!
    peter, you usually can't spell. but this was even bad for you. congrats on just barely conveying the message.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    PRoblem in the UK is that not only is everywhere monitored on CCTVs but all the parking stuff is done using "technology". So handhel box links to local parkign meters and reads the tickets on cars to confirm validity adn if more than 2 minutes over due AUTOMATICALLY print out the ticket and take photos of car timestamped that is uploaded to the compter file on the case. Nothing along the chain where people can be bribed I hear beating them up doesn't work any more either !!

I once was IN COURT for an erroneous parking ticket. 4 months of letters an dcommunicatiosn and the "compjuter system" still wanted me to pay the fine. So I wen tto court and having a great defense lawyer ( represetnted myself ) got off with it AND the SHerrif ( Scottish equivelent of the judge ) not only APOLOGISED to me but torn a strip off the prosecution Procurator Fiscal ( == District Attorney ) and ahd them pay all my expenses All along the way a human being coudl have stopped it but the computer systema dn the "Process" doesn't allow individuals to make choices like that .

Welcome to BIG BROTHER BRITAIN !!!!!!!!!
    Read a science fiction short story like this once. Really wish I could remember the title or author, but this guy wrote a book about pirates, and there was some confusion in the computer system and they ended up thinking he was a smuggler, and after more confusion he ended up on death row with the governor pardoning him, but a computer error stopped it, so he was executed.

That was actually a pretty horrible summary, but hopefully you get the point.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

been driving for like 6 years now can i cant parallel. couldnt care about good parking or care about bad parkers.
    stereotonin

Quote Originally Posted by kennyknoxville View Post
    been driving for like 6 years now can i cant parallel. couldnt care about good parking or care about bad parkers.
    Shocking.
    Not that you can't park, but the fact you're old enough to have a license.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Thread Information