Thread: Honda Civic Si Sport

Honda Civic Si Sport

The Honda Civic Si Sport Concept, unveiled at the 2005 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show, is an extensively modified version of the all-new 2006 Civic Si with aggressive exterior and interior styling and a track-tuned suspension.

The wide-body Civic Si Sport Concept (+2 inches) features aerodynamically styled front and rear bumpers with lightweight carbon fiber construction and sleek door styling. Low, aggressive carbon side skirts along with a rear carbon diffuser and a center exhaust outlet accent its ultra-low profile. To enhance high-speed downforce, the Civic Si Sport Concept utilizes an adjustable, two-piece carbon wing spoiler. The vehicle is painted Anniversary White Pearl in celebration of the Civic Si's 20th anniversary.

"The Civic has a legendary reputation as a solid platform for performance and styling customization," said John Mendel, senior vice president of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. "The Civic Si Sport Concept shows Honda's interpretation of future aftermarket trends for the all-new 2006 Civic Si."

An advanced, track-tuned suspension package lowers the Civic Si Sport Concept by 1 inch and enhances the vehicle's handling dynamics with optimized spring rates and firm damping. Brembo brake components on all four wheels feature powerful four-piston calipers and cross-drilled rotors that provide amazing levels of stopping force. Advanced Concept Design wheels (19-inch) incorporate Michelin Pilot Sport II tires (245/35 ZR19), providing the Civic Si Sport Concept with the ultimate in handling and styling.

Interior modifications focus on the creation of a high-tech, performance-oriented driving environment. The interior features distinctive woven silver wire flooring, custom leather seats with inverted piping and a distinctive driver-oriented red leather cockpit. An "ultra silver" Kevlar R structural brace stretches across the floor of the rear seat area, further reinforcing the Civic Si's already strong body structure. A sweeping multi-function driver display and Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System is fully integrated into the instrument panel.

The all-new 2006 Civic Si, upon which this concept is based, has been dramatically redesigned with an expressive and futuristic exterior styling. The 2006 Civic Si features a 2.0-liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine with 197-horsepower, 6-speed manual transmission with helical-type limited slip differential and an assortment of the latest technology, making the new Civic Si a true sport compact enthusiast's performance car.

The development of the 2006 model holds an important place in Honda's automotive heritage as it celebrates the 20th anniversary of the Civic Si in America. The Civic Si has always represented the highest levels of performance in the Civic lineup. Beginning with the 1986 Si hatchback model and proceeding through six generations, the Civic Si has always fulfilled a critical role in the performance image of the Civic and Honda.

Honda Civic Si History
    Model Years Body Type Engine / Horsepower Notes
    1986-1987 Hatchback 1.5-liter SOHC / 91 bhp 13-inch wheels, rear stabilizer bar
    1989-1991 Hatchback 1.6-liter SOHC / 108 bhp 14-inch wheels, rear stabilizer bar
    1992-1995 Hatchback 1.6-liter SOHC VTEC / 125 bhp 14-inch wheels, stabilizer bar, 4-wheel disc brakes
    1999-2000 Coupe 1.6-liter DOHC VTEC / 160 bhp 15-inch wheels, sport suspension, larger exhaust, 4-wheel disc brakes
    2002-2005 Hatchback 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC / 160 bhp 16-inch wheels, sport suspension, 4-wheel disc brakes
    2006 Coupe 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC / 197 bhp 17-inch wheels, sport suspension, 4-wheel disc brakes, larger exhaust, 6MT, LSD
    Attached Images Attached Images

another 4

plus one more

Interesting Interior design, but its way to much white.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Great pocket rocket. I really like this model of Si, not this particular one. Too bllllingy an interior, too red and white, tacky. The shape reminds me of the Toyota Paseo from a few years back.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

The car overall is nice, but the center tailpipe I don't like.

An all-black interior would have been perfect for that car.

wow. i like it.
    All about the t-tops

reminds me of the concept too much.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

That wing has to go.

dun like it one bit....
    the whole front looks like Japanese anime -_-" face.

i like this one

Once a civic... always a civic... boring.
    Before Posting Please Watch This Short Video... URL=http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

They need to make a RWD drive model already. I'm sick of FWD. FWD sucks.
    Last edited by QBridge; 11-03-2005 at 06:48 AM.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6FBCAADF-B7CB-432C-B938-01EB06BD83CE.htm

[1999-2000 Coupe 1.6-liter DOHC VTEC / 160 bhp 15-inch wheels, sport suspension, larger exhaust, 4-wheel disc brakes]
    Ain't this a Type-R?
    J@P@N!!!!

Thread Information