Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Performance of your car

My car. 1993 Citroen AX 1.5 naturally aspirated diesel. 58 bhp and 0-60 in approx 14.5 secs.

i also have a 950cc AX with 49 bhp and similar performance as the diesel. this car is a real lightweight and came off the weighbridge at 748 kg with driver and 40 litres of petrol

i alsop have a U.S spec HYUNDAI Coupe or Tiburon 1.8 16v "world" engine that produces about 135 bhp and 0-60 in about 10 secs.

All times were recorded by myself with G.P.S

Quote Originally Posted by apple HEAD View Post
    My car. 1993 Citroen AX 1.5 naturally aspirated diesel. 58 bhp and 0-60 in approx 14.5 secs.

i also have a 950cc AX with 49 bhp and similar performance as the diesel. this car is a real lightweight and came off the weighbridge at 748 kg with driver and 40 litres of petrol

i alsop have a U.S spec HYUNDAI Coupe or Tiburon 1.8 16v "world" engine that produces about 135 bhp and 0-60 in about 10 secs.

All times were recorded by myself with G.P.S
    didn't know the diesel AX could reach 60...just kidding
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Aye mate it would cruise at 90 in fith gear at about 3500 rpm. it is also very aerodynamic and has a drag coefficient of just 0.31. thats better than a mazda mx5 for example or lots of other cars that "look" aerodynamic

my car. 2002 camaro z28 310hp, 340 torque. 0-60 in low 5's. 1/4 mile in about 13.8. 28mpg highway

my truck. 1997 suburban k1500 4x4. 255hp, 330torque. 0-60 no idea. 1/4mile no idea. 18-19mpg highway.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Esprit turbo

Max power: 215 bhp

Max torque: 220 ft/lbs

Weight: 2,592 lbs (1176 kg)

Maximum Speed: 153.5 mph (247 km/h)

Acceleration: 0 - 60 mph, 5.4 Seconds

Standing quarter mile: 13.7 secs, 103mph

standing KM: 25 secs, 129mph

I've gathered these specs from different Esprit sites. Please be aware that I have never actually tested any of these. Although, I have driven up to about 145 mph. The needle on my speedometer was bouncing around like crazy so that's my best estimated guess.
    Last edited by sog240; 12-29-2008 at 07:57 PM.
    To my wife: I love you and I miss you so much....rest in peace Honey :(

Quote Originally Posted by sog240 View Post
    Esprit turbo

Max power: 215 bhp

Max torque: 220 ft/lbs

Weight: 3052 lbs/1386 kg

Maximum Speed: 153.5 mph (247 km/h)

Acceleration: 0 - 60 mph, 5.4 Seconds

Standing quarter mile: 13.7 secs, 103mph

standing KM: 25 secs, 129mph

I've gathered these specs from different Esprit sites. Please be aware that I have never actually tested any of these. Although, I have driven up to about 145 mph. The needle on my speedometer was bouncing around like crazy so that's my best estimated guess.
    sounds like a blast. i bet that car is a riot to drive. with the no power steering, and the handling that only lotus can deliver, i bet that this is just great.

where in the bay area do you live? i live down in monterey, and regularly go up to danville.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    sounds like a blast. i bet that car is a riot to drive. with the no power steering, and the handling that only lotus can deliver, i bet that this is just great.

where in the bay area do you live? i live down in monterey, and regularly go up to danville.
    Yeah, she drives beautifully at high speeds. Although, trying to make a u-turn or parallel park is a bit strenuous All the other cars that I've ever owned had power-steering

I live in Benicia, about 35 miles north/east of San Francisco. It's great to see another Bay Area person here. I haven't been in that area for a few years. I stayed at the Best Western Inn in Salinas (off of 101) for a few months (not weekends) while I worked at the California State Prison in Soledad (CTF).

Quote Originally Posted by sog240 View Post
    Yeah, she drives beautifully at high speeds. Although, trying to make a u-turn or parallel park is a bit strenuous All the other cars that I've ever owned had power-steering

I live in Benicia, about 35 miles north/east of San Francisco. It's great to see another Bay Area person here. I haven't been in that area for a few years. I stayed at the Best Western Inn in Salinas (off of 101) for a few months (not weekends) while I worked at the California State Prison in Soledad (CTF).
    thats a nice area up there... pretty convenient to Infineon. as convenient as Laguna is to me. any intentions on tracking the esprit? that would be an awesome day for sure.

there seems to be quite a few of us central CA coast guys on here. i know kingofthering and maybe NuclearCrap are also in the SF area.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    thats a nice area up there... pretty convenient to Infineon. as convenient as Laguna is to me. any intentions on tracking the esprit? that would be an awesome day for sure.

there seems to be quite a few of us central CA coast guys on here. i know kingofthering and maybe NuclearCrap are also in the SF area.
    That's right, it's called Infineon Raceway now....I keep calling it Sears Point
    I never thought about tracking it.....sounds like a good idea. Maybe after the holidays and when you're in the Danville area again, we could meet up and test drive my Esprit and your G35 (I never drove one of those before).
    Last edited by sog240; 12-14-2008 at 05:58 PM.

1979 RUF tuned Porsche 911 SC. 993 cup cams, 3.2L Mahle Racing Pistons, modified air intake, soundproofing removed, bischoff exhaust, short throw gear box and motorsport prepping. 0-60 approximately 4.8-5.2 (just a guess but I'm judging relative to the performance of my grandpas 996 GT3 v-max is in the 160-170 range.
    Ferrari the other red meat
    Porsche Motorsport > Ferrari Motorsport

I got my 350Z up to 140 for the first time last night, it still had a bit left as well, although above 100mph the acceleration isnt as strong as some other cars ive been in.

For instance my best friend has an 03 911 C4S and he had intake and a ecu reprogrammed over the holidays. We got it to 172 last friday!! thats by far the fastest ive been in a car. He claimed to have hit 183 over the holidays. The main difference between his car and mine is the stability at high speed, his car at 160 is like mine at 120 and the car come alive above 100mph. It just becomes an entirely different car. This is the difference between my car and a real thoroughbred. his was designed for the autobahn and nurburgring mine was designed for handling and tsukuba.
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

nokru....croatia :

FORS Focus ST (2006)
    ----------------------
    Max power: 280 HP

Max torque: 410 Nm

Weight: 1410 kg

Maximum Speed: 260 km/h

Acceleration: 0 - 62 mph, 6.2 Seconds

very good & cool car
    Focus ST....... 2.5 turbo..... 280 HP

Years ago,

There used to be a Performance Index. It needed the 0-60(mph) the 30-70 (or 30-90) and I think the 60-0. These were added together and divided by the car's overall fuel consumption to arrive at this index figure.
    In the mid 1990's I seem to remember the GM Nova/Corsa 1.5TD was at about the #1 position.
    I've tried Googling it and can't find anything now.
    Relying on memory it may have come from Autocar magazine or maybe Bill Blydenstein.

Anybody?

Thread Information