Page 480 of 536 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482490530 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 8037

Thread: Show off your latest purchases here!

Just got a $100 price drop at Teds.com.au, so total cost for me was $595.

I'd already negotiated the price down by an absolute crapload, so the $100 discount online kind of annoyed me

is VERY nice the manual adjustment ring just feels so tactile and natural.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Just got a $100 price drop at Teds.com.au, so total cost for me was $595.

I'd already negotiated the price down by an absolute crapload, so the $100 discount online kind of annoyed me

is VERY nice the manual adjustment ring just feels so tactile and natural.
    The S90 is an excellent point and shoot. If I were to get one, it'd either be that or the Panasonic Lumix LX3.

Enjoy!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    My mom got me a $250 mountain bike which I have to pay her back. It has a frontal disk brake and front suspension.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Is it now in the regs for Norway Motorsport ?
    MSA tried to mandate it in all club sports in the UK ... including hillclimbs, autotests and trials. Our club was one of MANY who protested that the speeds and risks didn't have significant benefit from HANS and the cost of new helmet and pads to HANS specs would end club racing on many small tracks all over the country.
    The suggestion we now make is when time to get new helmet then get a HANS-capable one just in case The shoulder can come later if necessary.
    It's not mandatory for everyone no. I don't think it will be in club-racing etc up here anyway. It will, as you say, prevent many people from debuting in motorsport. The start-up gear is expensive enough as it is. And since recruiting isn't top notch in the first place up here, they will put a solid bullet in their own foot if it becomes mandatory in the lower/slower grades. Your point about the benefit from it at slower speeds is also valid.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Couple of days, or weeks, ago, bought a Nissan GTR die-cast metal kit to build. It's sitting with the rest of the cars in my mom's china cabinet.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

just got myself a new guitar. and its one for the trainspotters out there.

its a Gibson ES-135 with a bigsby on it. the nuanced observer will note that Bigsbys never came on a Gibson. but this was was professionally installed early in it's life, and is damn near flawless. it plays fantastic, and it wasn't even ungodly expensive. it wasn't cheap, but i paid less than it is probably worth.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

I got a Belkin power surge with 3 electrical plugs and 2 USB ports. $10 on Amazon.

Trek 6500 '09 year, 21" frame "26 wheels, downgrading from "29. Was just too high up to me. $850
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

@NSX: my budget is rather restricted. The max price i would pay for a new one is around 180 Euro, and i would be very happy if i could stay below that line . I know, i won't get the best cams ever for that money, but it's better than nothing, right?
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    @NSX: my budget is rather restricted. The max price i would pay for a new one is around 180 Euro, and i would be very happy if i could stay below that line . I know, i won't get the best cams ever for that money, but it's better than nothing, right?
    How about one of these?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-FH20-Digital-Stabilized-2-7-Inch/dp/B00395WI58/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1275861421&sr =8-1]Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH20 14.1 MP Digital Camera with 8x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD (Red): Electronics[/ame]

$159 USD. Probably just under your budget.

Can't really go wrong with Panasonic. My friend has an even lower end one that he got for just about $100. That one uses AA disposable batteries, I don't think you want one of those.

Edit- here's a comparison from a while back.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/q408...oup/page15.asp
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 06-06-2010 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    just got myself a new guitar. and its one for the trainspotters out there.

its a Gibson ES-135 with a bigsby on it. the nuanced observer will note that Bigsbys never came on a Gibson. but this was was professionally installed early in it's life, and is damn near flawless. it plays fantastic, and it wasn't even ungodly expensive. it wasn't cheap, but i paid less than it is probably worth.
    Sweet! Love and have collected a bunch of old guitars, though I play upright bass. An ES-135 with Bigsby is a perfect country/R&B axe. Those can be barkin' guitars when set up with stock P90s. Early 1990s or later?
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Sweet! Love and have collected a bunch of old guitars, though I play upright bass. An ES-135 with Bigsby is a perfect country/R&B axe. Those can be barkin' guitars when set up with stock P90s. Early 1990s or later?
    i used to be a bass player, but i sing a lot, and i have never been able to sing and play bass (still have 4 of them, ranging from an early 60s Kay to a mid 90s P-Bass that is my main rig. always wanted an upright, but they can be challenging to lug around, especially with my propensity to move every 2 years.

this guitar is from '94, which was apain in the ass to figure out, because gibson changed their serial number scheme for that year only (past their early craziness of course). it has its original P-100s, and i haven't really had the thing turned up yet. tomorrow i will though. supposedly you can do a coil tap on them, so that you can go to a true single coil. i may investigate that further, since there is nothing sweeter sounding than a massively overdriven single coil on a hollow body.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Upright basses aren't so hard to get about.. the guy who played one when I was at school used to be picked up every day in a Hyundai Excel (Accent) and they fit it in there no problem!
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

@ NSX: Thank you very much. Helped me a lot
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    @ NSX: Thank you very much. Helped me a lot
    Yup, not a problem.

Tell me how you like the camera.

Thread Information