• Yes I think he'll go to F1, but he should stick to Moto GP

3 13.04%
  • No he won't go to F1, but I wish he would

7 30.43%
  • No he won't go to F1 and he shouldn't

2 8.70%

Thread: F1 & Valentino Rossi

F1 & Valentino Rossi

There were rumours floating around that Rossi might make a switch to F1 next year. This became even bigger when the announcement of Jaguar leaving and the possibility of a team such as Ferrari having to take on a 3rd car, and who better to have then an Italian national hero as Ferrari's third driver (this is what the Italian press thought as least)? Ferrari Boss Luca di Montezemolo backed the idea even. Rossi had denied these claims and said he will be with Yamaha in Moto GP until at least the end of 2005. However he did express his intrest in racing in F1. He also tested with the Ferrari team at Fiorano and produced some impressive times. So my question is do you think he'll make the jump into F1 in 2006, and do you like the idea of him doing so?

Infomation is from crash.net
    Last edited by Ferrari Tifosi; 10-06-2004 at 01:13 AM.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

I voted yes and would like to see him in F1. But once he tried a rally car and ended up in the bushes. F1 would be an interesting vertical move from MotoGP. It would bring some new audience to F1 as well.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    I voted yes and would like to see him in F1. But once he tried a rally car and ended up in the bushes. F1 would be an interesting vertical move from MotoGP. It would bring some new audience to F1 as well.
    By all accounts he was good in practice and to give the guy some slack, the Welsh tracks are some of the slippiest surfaces WRC competes on. LOTS of big names in rallying end up off in them - Colin being famous for doing it regularly
    Here's the care BEFORE the first stage
    EDIT: Damn they're now blocking the picture link from UCP. So here it is ......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 10-06-2004 at 07:47 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I thought Rossi was contracted to Yamaha till 2007 or something
    I am the Stig

id be willing to bet that ferrari coudl afford to buy out his contract of need be

i wuold like to see him race in f1 or rally ... should be intresting
    Fun is not a straight line

UCP's only lancia lover ....

hes a good driver, and i'd like to see him there, but he wont go... not for at least 2/3 years...
    UCP's Biggest Mercedes Benz Fan! - Umer Sharif

Owner Of UCP's Best Avatar!!!

nah mate he makes the bikes soo interesting i would like to see him stay where he is unless he wants to go to wrc and i wouldnt want to see him there untill i get my place so that i am sure to be in
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Thread Information