Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Orion Falcon - First Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    not sure about the side moulding on the XR variants also
    It's just disguise.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Is anyone shocked at all? I was thinking Mondeo but allready some are saying that it hardley looks any differnt to the old model.
    There might be a little less mondeo and a little more fusion.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Well alot of the good bits are hidden, and alot of the Falcon traits arent.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    but allready some are saying that it hardley looks any differnt to the old model.
    The people who are already making judgments are misguided. Ford has done a good job at disguising the car - much different to Holden's approach of just putting stickers on their cars (which practically revealed the car a year before release).

The whole roofline is impossible to figure out, the same goes for the rear pillar. They've covered the rear of the windows, so we don't know if they are still going to be slingshot style or not. The bulges towards the bottom of the doors also throw off styling cues. Apart from that, the rear lights are impossible to figure out, although we do know that the car (in base form) won't feature LEDs. And we haven't even seen the front. So how could any person say that it looks like the old model when the key indicators are all covered up?

EDIT:The only major thing we do know is that it has a radically different crease down the side, and it has taken on the 'head down bum up' style. Those two things are completely different to the current car.
    Last edited by adrenaline; 05-05-2007 at 07:06 PM. Reason: I forget things.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Is anyone shocked at all? I was thinking Mondeo but allready some are saying that it hardley looks any differnt to the old model.
    There might be a little less mondeo and a little more fusion.
    is anyone else looking at this and thinking late 90s magna?
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Well one thing worth noteing is its a massive depature from the current shape its currently nearly impossible to do anything but guess what may be atm.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

New pictures: http://www.caradvice.com.au/2610/200...ront-spyshots/

Looks like it has a bit of a coupe look from the side profile. There is more overhang than the Commodore, as expected.

For the rest of the images, follow the link: http://www.caradvice.com.au/2610/200...ront-spyshots/
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE View Post
    New pictures: http://www.caradvice.com.au/2610/200...ront-spyshots/

Looks like it has a bit of a coupe look from the side profile. There is more overhang than the Commodore, as expected.

For the rest of the images, follow the link: http://www.caradvice.com.au/2610/200...ront-spyshots/
    You beat me to them pics..

I don't know that still looks BF could it be? And the other on the roads are the orion??.

But one thing i was just thinking was Mustang style front.

You beat me to them pics..

I don't know that still looks BF could it be? And the other on the roads are the orion??.

But one thing i was just thinking was Mustang style front.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Look closely and you will see the boot is way too short to be a BF. If you zoom on certain photos you can see the headlight shape - which is consistent with the Wheels prediction. To me, it is looking like a more rounded BF.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Just stumbled across this on FordForums.com.au. There appears to be bonnet/hood scoops. Perhaps Ford have gone for the Territory Turbo style top mount intercooler? Unlikely though. Maybe it's just to make the XR6 models unique?

Attached Images Attached Images
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Top mounts dont make sense for performance cars - the only reason they switched to one on the Territory was for the offchance someone would actually take one down a dirt road, and get a front mount blocked up.

It also looks to be 2 seperate nostril like vents, not unlike the Americanised Monaro vents. I personally prefer them closer to the A pillar.

You can also see how the headlights are very teardrop like towards the centre. The BF2 lights are slightly like that, but something about the profile of them IMO is different.
    I am the Stig

[QUOTE=fpv_gtho;704457]Top mounts dont make sense for performance cars - the only reason they switched to one on the Territory was for the offchance someone would actually take one down a dirt road, and get a front mount blocked up. QUOTE]

They do if their an often crashed car ir wrx (fronge benafit of a top mount)

Well i doubt Subaru's main concern when giving the WRX a top mount would be idiots crashing them. Most likely its to give them an advantage for Group N rally.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE View Post
    Look closely and you will see the boot is way too short to be a BF. If you zoom on certain photos you can see the headlight shape - which is consistent with the Wheels prediction. To me, it is looking like a more rounded BF.
    But the C pillar is covered so well it's giving it a slight hatch look with the god knows what is on the boot it still gives you the opinion it could be BF.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Top mounts dont make sense for performance cars - the only reason they switched to one on the Territory was for the offchance someone would actually take one down a dirt road, and get a front mount blocked up.

It also looks to be 2 seperate nostril like vents, not unlike the Americanised Monaro vents. I personally prefer them closer to the A pillar.

You can also see how the headlights are very teardrop like towards the centre. The BF2 lights are slightly like that, but something about the profile of them IMO is different.
    The lights might be reversed smaller outside larger inside, But what about a square type tear drop?

Thread Information