Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Charger is Back!

Dodge Charger is Back!

Auburn Hills, Mich., Oct 04, 2004 - Today Dodge officially announced for the first time that the Dodge Charger would be making a return to showrooms and NASCAR race tracks around the country in 2005. Expect a first look at the car at the 2005 NAIAS in January, 2005.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Im glad the charges making a return, but i dont think it'll be good for NASCAR
    I am the Stig

I'm guessing theres no stats on the engine

Stolen from Autoweek...

AUTOWEEK
    Posted Date: 10/3/04
    FORUMS: CLICK HERE TO TALK, READ ABOUT THE NEW DODGE CHARGER

Dodge has confirmed with this first sketch that it aims to again recreate some of the company's early muscle-car magic conjured by the Charger name.

The 2006 Charger, a stout and roubust four-door that carries a rakish roof line and the large, egg-crate face of the company's performance car and truck division, also replaces Dodge's Intrepid NASCAR entry. It looks "almost like a four-door coupe" said Dr. Dieter Zetsche in an exclusive interview on Friday.

The Charger will debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January 2005, and is expected to enter showrooms in the spring of 2005. True to its power image, it will carry with it the much-vaunted, 340-hp Hemi engine under the hood as an option. Its base engine is expected to be a 3.5-liter V6 making 250 horsepower.

The 2006 Dodge Charger, alongside its NASCAR counterpart. The NASCAR version will deubt at the 2005 Daytona 500.

When the Charger first appeared in 1966 it was an enthusiasts' dream with high power, great performance and slick style that competed and won on oval tracks as well as drag strips.

In the early 1970s, however, thanks to government-mandated emissions constraints and rising gas prices, the Charger began a long and steady fall from car guy grace. It reached its nadir in 1981 when the company took the once-proud name and attached it to a thoroughly dreadful front-drive coupe in an effort to capitalize on its heritage and move units.

The new regime at DaimlerChrysler understands it doesn't have the benefit of overpromising and underdelivering. "We have to get the product right everytime," Zetsche said.

Pricing for the car will likely start at just below the Chrysler 300, at around $23,000.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Stolen from Autoweek...
    Well this article is from Germancarfans.com

Quote Originally Posted by McLareN
    Well this article is from Germancarfans.com
    I meant I stole it from Autoweek.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!
    there's too much of the 300C in that car. they should've taken cues from the chargers of the muscle car ages, imo.

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    you made a good point there Eddy.... uh huh... (nods)
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

It shouldnt be four door =(
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Quote Originally Posted by car_fiend
    there's too much of the 300C in that car. they should've taken cues from the chargers of the muscle car ages, imo.
    I agree, the front looks too much like the dodge ram pick up. And kko is also right in saying that it shoulldn't be a 4 door. As a muscle car fan a 4 door Charger is totaly unapealing to me.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Spied Pictures...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

More info...
    By now we've all seen "official" sketches of the upcoming Charger, but here are the first actual pictures of the much anticipated Charger caught in an undisclosed location. The Charger will make its official debut at the North American International Auto Show inDetroit, and arrive at dealerships next spring as an early 2006 model. Published reports state that Charger will be powered by a 3.5-liter V-6 or the optional 5.7-liter HEMI, but insiders expect the 6.1-liter HEMI to follow - as it will be doing with the 300C, Magnum and even the Grand Cherokee.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

its a Magnum sedan...big deal

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    why the hell do test cars (the ones in the spied pics) look so strange??? the paint job and all?
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Thread Information