Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My car

the rear is a bit soft but everything is perfect.
    The Datto will rage again...

I seen a VY HSV rear on a couple of VN-VP... No comment
    It's a shame for it's time they were very soft on the rear, It's not that far off a stock Executive with lower bit and wing soft! soft!. Wonder what the GTS rear was like?.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

My great luck continues with DaVeePee, Now all is well and it's running great and everything is working for the first time since i got it,
    Guess what happens today, Common Fault Commodore number ....... The Bonnet hinges are a common fault as they get old, Worst case with them is they fail and the bonnet lifts into the bonnet and smashes it.
    Well that didn't happen but it came close, As i lifter the bonnet as i have noticed the bonnet has been looking in the last couple of days like something was in there, So as i lifted it i herd cracking as it go up i was thinking WTF was that?. Started to lower it and same again then i seen it and stopped fast. Took me a wile to get it half closed to see a mechanic,
    He told me it's common with commodores they get used a bit and bend and brake after long use, Usually when they go they smash the window as many don't know it till it's to late lucky me. But i still need to replace the whole window as it's toast.
    Here are some pic's. New hinges $35 each Labour $50 I'm pretty happy with that, Window is $170+.
    Attached Images Attached Images

looks like you have a nice crack through the windscreen anyway. still lucky to get away without putting a hole through it, that would stuff your day up royally
    The Datto will rage again...

Can you see my crack in the window
    Yeah i was very lucky i would have shit and had to have had it done asap.
    Might see if i can have it done next week as i taped the window yesterday and the crack went up 1cm
    Got the hinges done today.
    And good news my mates brother bought a VP Calais. He just wants engine parts etc from it, But he hasn't got a place to leave the car, So my brother came up with a good deal for him, We would buy the rest of the car or he can leave it at his house but charge rent on the car sitting there
    I think it was a right-off but the interior and a couple of other things are good and the rest might sell as parts?.
    Good way to get cruise control-power windows and to my shock the VP Calais had auto light.

add cruise and auto everything then you've got yourself a REAL ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek-i
    add cruise and auto everything then you've got yourself a REAL ride.
    Thanks, I'm thinking of the climate control and trip computer dash but that will be a harder job
    Last time my brothers mate had a spare parts car it was open up down one side like a can opener But they always find these cheap cars at auction cause they live in them

Once I saw a Caravan base model with built in power windows, and the switch was where the handle used to be! Is it that hard to modify it?

Might be the hardest thing sticking in the motors in the window? It's real tight in there

HeyHey good news my mum just got hit up the rear at a red light.
    Just sitting there and bang, It seems from first look it's mainly scratches there was some there from the old owner and towing, But i can clearly see new mark and deep ones to, Checked my tips i think he hit them.
    The marks mean nothing to me it's is the car OK under them marks, Is the car bent if he hit the exhaust does it need repositioning etc.
    He doesn't wont to fix the rear bumper because it's got scratches already on it, But there are many news ones there with a pretty big black mark down low. It also seems like the bumper is hanging off a touch on one side, He even gave the tow bar (which lucky for him isn't on) A good mark. I really don't know where i stand with this, It's dark hard to see it all, He's coming tomorrow @ 12 and we are going to see a panel beater and see what he says? Nothing much i think i can do, He made the big mistake of trying to say the brake lights didn't work to my mother She went off cause she knows i had them fixed and added 2 more brake lights with the Calais looms so they are twice as bright now.

theres a commo like yours floating around here, but lower with low profile BBS dished rims, hard as rocks suspension too (the idiot has to drive 2kph to get down the gutter at the local BP)
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

LOL thats why i was thinking when lowering it not to go over board so i can at least drive some speed bumps i went for the middle height in kings springs it's not to bad in ride stiffness, Good with 5 in the car gets better handling and less bounce

Can you pick his rear bumper for me

$800 to fix the rear of the car,
    Replace bumper straighten it up so it aligns straight and spray it to match the rest.
    And they told me they could pick many things out if the guy is going to play hard ball, The out of place boot, The cracked garnish, the chips in the taillights they said they could have him up for thousands if he argues to much.
    Sometimes when older model commodores get hit up the rear some just say it's a couple of scratches don't worry about it, Get home and it's moved the rear only a couple of mm, And that is enough to make some doors or even the boot not open, But for me that tow bar is actually the thing that help keep damage right down, It bounced him off the rear he said.

Yeah, towbars can be a great thing on your car in regards to accidents. Particularly in traffic when the guy behind isn't paying attention and creeps fwd, generally rolling into the tow ball. Stops 'em from driving into your pride and joy. Not so good for the guy who actually runs into the towbar/ball...even at slow speeds those things can do some damage.

I'm thinking of sticking it back on now.
    It's one of them ones that has been built into the rear it's real heavy duty, There is a frame behind the bumper bar so it's extra strong and it's made into the floor of the boot and goes forward not sure how far but.
    I really don't like the look of it but a nice tow ball might do the trick

Here is a little pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information