Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saddam Hussein executed

Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel
    Without bigger response? The response was as big as expected methinks. The only way to execute Saddam without a big response would be to do it on the Armageddon's Day.
    doh ok... but everybody will forget about it soon... at least sooner than it was done on, lets say, 15th of january
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    We killed the leader of an Islamic country. I think this is just going to strengthen the anti-US sentiment.
    Not to nit-pick, but wasn't he tried, sentenced and (this one I'm not sure about) killed in Iraq?

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    Not to nit-pick, but wasn't he tried, sentenced and (this one I'm not sure about) killed in Iraq?
    Yes, and it was done by Iraqis, i beleive. But we(the US) set the events in motion, and, therefore, hold ultimate responsibily-not that that is a bad thing, I'll happily carry the stigma of coming from a country that orchestrated the death of such a miserable person.
    Last edited by Mr.Tiv; 12-30-2006 at 06:13 PM.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

until i see real proof i wont believe for one second that its real

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    until i see real proof i wont believe for one second that its real
    As I understand, it was televised in Iraq.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

There is a full video on break.com but its really crappy quality and you don't actually see him die, but only the floor dropping out and a bunch of arabs yelling. Maybe thats for the better though.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

He's alive... Just like Hitler and Elvis.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    He's alive... Just like Hitler and Elvis.
    Add Tupac and Biggie to that list, too.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

While I'm not bothered by Saddam's execution per say, I agree that he was executed too quickly, this could be interprepted as a weakness of the current Iraqui government...an act of revenge instaid of justice.

As far as Anti-American feelings go, it doesn't matter if he was executed a day or a year after his trail. His execution will fuel Anti-American hatred no matter when it happened.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    There is a full video on break.com but its really crappy quality and you don't actually see him die, but only the floor dropping out and a bunch of arabs yelling. Maybe thats for the better though.
    Saw that earlier today, in the end you see him during the flashes of cameras and thats about it. I say they do the same thing they did in the Major War Criminal Nuremberg trial, post a picture of him on his death bed in TIME magazine. I didn't like him but it seems now he was the only thing holding Iraq from ripping itself apart... Iraq is now another poster child for the dangers of religous extremists.
    Last edited by "Clevor" Angel; 12-30-2006 at 10:27 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

It's good he's dead, but to be blunt he's had jack to do with the country since his capture in December of 2003. He's been incarcerated and although the trial itself may have been affected by his doings - his rants, his supporters killing off members of the justice team - anyone who believes he still has a decent sphere of influence is foolish - it's his old party that's in charge - and they've dispensed with his leadership long before he went cold.

Because of this any sort of notion that his death will change things dramatically in Iraq is a false hope - in the long term things may calm down a little, but it's still a shambles and will be until a solution is reached. democracy only works when all groups are included in the discussion - at the moment it's the Government (of what, precisely? there influence is just pitiful, really) and the United States (who can barely contain Baghdad, let alone the rest of the country) in charge. No doubt the US want out as soon as possible - it's no longer a good thing to be in Iraq, to them - this may just accelerate the process.

Just as a thought was anyone else a little shocked at the speed in which the verdict was handed down and delivered? the final appeal was rejected and it took a little under 2 weeks to make things happen . it screams "get it done, and get it done now".
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information