Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Waugh-terfall's Mazda

Waugh-terfall's Mazda

Hey, I had our Mazda run-about out today as we were taking garden rubbish to the dump and I had to clean it before it goes in for it's MOT tomorrow so I decided to take pictures of it.

After nagging my parents, I was aloud to drive it up and down the lane a few times with my Dad in the passenger seat, GREAT SUCCESS!!

It's a 1993 Mazda 323 1.3LXi DOHC 3-dr
    5spd manual transmission, 75BHP and *correct at going to press* 41,756mi from new. Flame Red paint and standard steel wheels with hubcaps, I think 14/15inch.

It's in pretty good nick, 3 owners including us and my Grandmother, the interior is as new but the exterior is riddles with stone chips and scratches due to careless kids at the Primary/Elementary School my Mum works at (when the car is used which isn't very often) opening doors onto and and people reversing into it... We bought it in April 2003 for £980 when my Dad's business whas going down the crapper, grandparents were moving to France and we'd just sold the 1991 Peugeot 205 1.1 Style 3-dr to my cousin.

In 2008 this should be my car, and hopefully the Mercedes too, but I intend to sell both and get something much newer than both.

Sorry I didn't Eggnog it but as there's a picure of me driving it I didn't feel the need to, besides, who's not going to believe this isn't mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 02-21-2007 at 03:43 PM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Two more pics for good measure
    Attached Images Attached Images

Motion & Emotion

Wow your good. I don't think I could handle such a high horsepower monster

Looks like a nice first car if you get it bro.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

If only it was a GT-R...

Being serious, yes it does look nice for a first car, in good condition and the mileage isn't too high for the age.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Yeah, I quite like it, but I think I'd prefer something a little more modern and better built, it jsut feels to tinny and you can hear the radio perfectly from the outside through the door panels. Might keep it for a while then swap it for the old style Ford Focus Zetec or TDCi

The Mazda is a little on the small side, with me being 6ft 4, my knees are too far round the steering wheel to be comfortable and my head is squashed on the roof lining

Motion & Emotion

looks very nice for a first. allways remember hands at 10 and 2.....eerrr. some how i allways end up with one hand at 12. i dont think ive seen a car like this in the states.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

haha lol i have a 323 as well, indestructable
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

The ones like ours seem to be pretty damned rare here, it's just been MOT'd and Serviced, not cheap... New front discs and pads and the brakes re build as they were siezing, the car only does around 1600miles in a year...
    My Dad's thinkinh about selling both the Mazda & the Audi and buying 2 high spec VW Golf GT 2.0TDI 5drs... :'( Doubt VERY much it'll happen...

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    The ones like ours seem to be pretty damned rare here, it's just been MOT'd and Serviced, not cheap... New front discs and pads and the brakes re build as they were siezing, the car only does around 1600miles in a year...
    My Dad's thinkinh about selling both the Mazda & the Audi and buying 2 high spec VW Golf GT 2.0TDI 5drs... :'( Doubt VERY much it'll happen...
    no way, that mazda should outlast any VW, mine was owned by an old lady for 8 years, never really serviced properly or cared for, and i'm currently driving it into the ground, it just won't die. when i drove back from sydney not long after i got it i had a major service done and the transmission fluid was black
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Two equal cars? That's madness...
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Two equal cars? That's madness...
    Why?

Dad just wants 2 decent cars that get equal use, currently the Mazda gets 1,600mi a year, the Audi started it's life on the road in July 2005 and currently have 24,240mi on the clock...

Motion & Emotion

Why?

Dad just wants 2 decent cars that get equal use, currently the Mazda gets 1,600mi a year, the Audi started it's life on the road in July 2005 and currently have 24,240mi on the clock...
    Well that's be a bit boring wouldn't it? When you buy two cars for the family you have the opportunity to buy two cars which can do different things so they sort of complement each other. At least that's what I'd do.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well that's be a bit boring wouldn't it? When you buy two cars for the family you have the opportunity to buy two cars which can do different things so they sort of complement each other. At least that's what I'd do.
    I see your point, I'd rather have different cars, for instance, my friend James, his parents both have 7-seat Volvo estates. His Mum has a 1995 Volvo 760 Estate and his Dad has a 1997 Volvo 850 2.4 estate, seem's a little pointless, why not have one of the Volvo's and a Focus 5dr or something?

I doubt my Dad's plans with happen, he's usually all mouth, no action. So the Audi and a VW Polo Sport TDI or a VW Golf Sport TDI seems more likely...

Motion & Emotion

I don't think a Volvo 850 can seat 7. The five pot sounds nice though.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t View Post
    I don't think a Volvo 850 can seat 7. The five pot sounds nice though.
    It does indeed, and does seat 7, theres a hatch in the boot floor, pull the handle and a 2person bench seat flips up from it facing backwards, like the old late 1990's Mercedes E-class Estate

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information