Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official UCP Ownership Challenge

My 2001 Clio 1.6 16V 3-door.
    Attached Images Attached Images

once again, i am not trying to name anyone here a liar. but how is a paper with ur name showing nothing but the shifter knob prove that this is the car u claimed ?!!
    EggNog, i think its time for an Updated EggNog Challenge.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Just hope that people are honest. A failsafe method is impossible unless you give up a lot of privacy. And honestly why would you go through the trouble to fake this ? What's the point?

Good point, Like i could have just SAID i owned a datsun and i doubt anyone would have gone "no you dont! egg nog test! or we wont believe you!" coz its a datsun... if i said yeh iv got a 04 HSV GTS then id have to produce or be shunned... its all relative, the better your car the less chance you have of people believing you.
    The Datto will rage again...

I like the idea of takin a pic of piece of paper over shifter, but takin pic so whole dash could be seen. Maybe we could have pics were we need the hood up and the hood down, something to make pics harder to fake.

If someone is going to cheat they are going to cheat and if they successfully cheat you they will rejoice just that much more. Why not keep proof, optional. If someone wants to lie about a car they don't have they must have some pretty serious issues and this is their outlet. Share pics of your cars here and share pics of just cool cars somewhere else.

I have an Enzo and you are a doofus....I can really someone with an Enzo validating himself like this.
    Last edited by PerfAdv; 10-06-2004 at 07:42 PM.

I'm doing the Egg Nog challenge on behalf of my cousin. He has an Exige .. ill make a thread with some general pictures of the car too. We only collected it today and its quite loud

I'm going to go visit the private warehouse down in the Menominee Valley in a couple of weeks so I can show you my XJS. It's owned by my dads company, so it's old and empty, except for that car. I'm only 14, but my uncles a car collector and he gave me the car. I've been working on doing stuff to it for ages.

anyway, here's my dad's Fiat Spider 2000. Someone earlier complained about the lack of manuals, so here you are. By the way, I drove this baby once, very tricky shifter.
    Last edited by Esperante; 10-09-2004 at 07:12 PM.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Thanks for those last two guys! Those are both awesome cars!

yep. And as soon as I get my CD drive fixed, I'll post some of the Fiat out in the open air.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    yep. And as soon as I get my CD drive fixed, I'll post some of the Fiat out in the open air.

how soon is that gona be? looks luvly...
    wat the hell do i put as a siggy?!?!?!

soon, i will take pics of my dads Citroen Xsara, and maybe my uncle allows me to take some of his cars: iso grifo , fiat 600 multipla and more.offcourse ill do the test...

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    i know a new way for proof of ownership.....the pictures says it all
    that is to bad we cant trust our readers.. it is so stupid to put a paper on your shifter to proof ownership......
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by QUATTRO MAN
    that is to bad we cant trust our readers.. it is so stupid to put a paper on your shifter to proof ownership......
    That's kinda what I said a few weeks ago...just go with the UCP flow.
    The challenge has its benefits.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by QUATTRO MAN
    it saves a whole lot of BS and hassle in pointless and wasted convos with kiddies who want to claim owernship of cars they only have wet dreams about

It keep sthings honest here on UCP and we know it's a simple test.
    All claims for a car have to meet the challenge.
    Then nobody is victimised if someone asks them to prove it.
    I think we get LESS kiddie-claims here on UCP becuase the challenge is the first thing asked. So folks know not to bother with any BS.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information