Thread: V8 Supercars: Bigpond live timing

V8 Supercars: Bigpond live timing

Has anyone got this feature? With Telstra recently advertising Bigpond broadband at $29.95 im really thinking of getting it as i'd just love to be able to see the practise, qualifying, shootout and race from any selectino of camera's as well as have the data such as current gear, speed, revs, position, lap time etc. With the additional $10 a month i would be paying over my current dial up i reckon it would be worth it
    I am the Stig

V8 Bigpond

I am not 100% sure but is that offer for $29.95 mth a 200 or 400mb download limit per mth, If so you could find yourself on that limit very quickly in just one race session.

I love the idea of beeing able to checkout all the v8's while there live,
    I will stick to my Optuscable though

Cheers
    Caution frequently sideways !

Bring on the GTHO !!

i dont think theyre refering to the download limit, rather the internet speed, plus i dont think you actually download the footage, just view it live
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    i dont think theyre refering to the download limit, rather the internet speed, plus i dont think you actually download the footage, just view it live
    Anything that hits your screen is "downloaded". and it all costs kb.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

its probably all in the fine print though, it would be a real shit though if you only got half an hours viewing from it though. ive heard reports from people who have it and they say its practically like watching the tv, its a fairly constant stream and it barely ever glitches or anything
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    its probably all in the fine print though, it would be a real shit though if you only got half an hours viewing from it though. ive heard reports from people who have it and they say its practically like watching the tv, its a fairly constant stream and it barely ever glitches or anything
    Then you are talking big meg. Not only that you would want a fairly good graphics card I imagine.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

well i for one am a long way off from having the privelage of getting the live timing. my current computer was probably released mid 90's so for it just to be able to take broadband i'd probably have to get a new one with MS XP on it and any other hardware needed. i think broadband can be quite costly to setup as well, i think the initial charges are around $500
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Then you are talking big meg. Not only that you would want a fairly good graphics card I imagine.
    And of course brad band net which is very expensive to keepgoing and to install and doesnt work in some areas....ill stick to the telly

the problem with the TV is unless its Bathurst you cant watch it live and you cant see all the small bits. i guess though some of those previously mentioned problems are why people like thier satelites
    I am the Stig

Thread Information