Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gran Turismo 5 Racing Cockpit

Mate has top end tv/video stores and has been to all the launches and the no-glasses screen is "fuzzy" most of the time. Like watching standard definition telly.
    Len ticular lenese will always have a few "sweet spots" by definition.
    Shame.
    Interesting take on the 3d though is many of us wear glasses all the time and dont' have a "problem" A parallel is SHOES .... not "natural", only actually necessary if you are walking in rough/dangerous ground, but we've all grown used to wearing them all the time.

and IF only they woudl stop their tech wars then the articles "7 guys round to watch" woudlnt' be an issue as just like shoes they woudl bring their own 3D glasses to watch the bouncy cheerleaders during superbowl

Given that authors comments on the images he was seeing then he clearly has a chip about it all. eg the display of 3D impact as a negative opn the tech. Content has nothign to do with it. He needed to be more objective I think.

HD lenticular is going to be ober expensive as it needs many more pixels ( the expensive bits ) where as shutter tech just needs the same amoutn but "faster" and panels are already "fast enough".

ANywya that's my crystal ball moment ended
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Hi everyone,

I have done some more work on the cockpit today, Had a nice sunny day today so got some big cuts done and lots of sanding.

Here are a couple of links to the pics from today.

Racing Cockpit pictures from computers photos on webshots

Let me know what you guys think

thats looking really nice. ive gotta say im a bit jealous.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thanks very much, glad you like it, dont be jealous be inspired and get building!

This thing started out in my head one night as a little frame to go over my knee, I just got carried away, also I have a very forgiving partner who is letting me keep this in our living room when its painted black.

My plan was to bolt it to the floor right in front of the TV but that didnt go down too well!

i have a tiny house, with no room to spare. if i had a larger house i certainly would do it. i actually have a 32" flat screen for my desktop computer i never use, so i could even make a dedicated set up for it. maybe in a year or so when we move again.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Here are todays pics people....

I have been making the electrical box which will house a 4 way plug board for the power adapters for the wheel and the speakers. The control switches for the chair were mounted on the side and required me to make a cut out in one of the side walls of the rig, I like things to be symetrical wherever possible so I have left both side walls alone and have removed the control switches out of the chair and mounted them into the power box. It is in a really good position as there is good access to the volume, bass and power switches and also you dont catch your legs on it at all.

It is starting to look a bit cramped inside now but once you actualy get yourself in - which is an art in itself! there is plenty of room to make full use of everything.

I am well pleased with it now, not long for the paint and carpet!

comments are more than welcome guys

Where drug dealers and asian stores are born, California
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i have a tiny house, with no room to spare. if i had a larger house i certainly would do it. i actually have a 32" flat screen for my desktop computer i never use, so i could even make a dedicated set up for it. maybe in a year or so when we move again.
    I live in a small house too, its really irritating there is no space at all, I would make one if I had the space, well maybe not something only dedicated to gt5 I might make a Chair that has the g25 on it and have speakers right next to your head or whatever. If was going to make one I would make it so I can have more than one use for it.
    “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.”
    -Jeremy Clarkson

If you make it from thick MDF then you can use the slot-together method.
    So takes 2 minutes to put teogether and when finished it can go back in a cupboard
    Or with smple MIG welder and tubing a fold up lighter solution.
    google, there are loads of examples out there, some we've copied in the (distant) past for nephews and friends kids.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-22-2010 at 02:54 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I looked at the fold away idea but I think they might be a bit flimsy when in use, like when playing car cames like burnout or something, you need it to be able to take a good banging around, plus if you have got the force feedback on full it really gives your rig a seeing to.

Mine is not just for GT5 you can use the G25 wheel for almost any driving game on PS2 or PS3, having bought the 60GB ps3 it means I can play all the old ps2 and even ps1 games.

^^^ definately, D.
    Why the slot together MDF designs are the best. They were ROCK solid. You had to have a decent router jig when cutting though.

Last pictures before painting!

My Racing cockpit is now in for painting! undercoat and then gloss black, I have the red carpet ready to fit when its done.

Here are some pics

DSC00998 pictures from computers photos on webshots

DSC00999 pictures from computers photos on webshots

DSC01017 pictures from computers photos on webshots

DSC01019 pictures from computers photos on webshots

Not long now till I can have a test drive! Woo Hoo!

Looking very nice mate, i'm currently totally redesigning my sim will post some pictures once its finished
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

Thread Information