Thread: Ever wonder if the V35/G35 will get turbo

Ever wonder if the V35/G35 will get turbo

I was wonder if the new skyline would ever have a turbo installed into it. I was wondering because i saw a article saying that new engine are as power as turbo engine.

No

From my personal professional and well-infromed point of view , I dont see Infinity placing a turbo in the G35. What could happen to this car in 2-3 years is taking the V8 from the Q and FX to come up with a G45. Maybe a convertable version will follow.

Is possible it could add turbo to it and how powerful can this vehicle get.

Re: Ever wonder if the V35/G35 will get turbo

Originally posted by bnr32
    I was wonder if the new skyline would ever have a turbo installed into it. I was wondering because i saw a article saying that new engine are as power as turbo engine.
    skylines were twin turbocharged - so maybe nissan is planning on a supercharger
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Okay here it is guys...the problem with loving cars is that our preferences have nothing to do with what happens to the engines we love. It is all about marketing.

The 3.5 motor is roughly as powerful as the RB25det NEO as seen in the r34 skyline. Japan will not turbocharge that motor, as it will exceed the voluntary power restriction in their domestic market. Nissan will be reluctant to boost the engine outside of japan as traditionally the rest of the world has not been a big market and therefore it is not worth the money.

They are creating a twin turbo version for the japanese GTR, which will certainly go well over the power maximum, meaning each car will be emissions tested individually before going on sale in Japan. As far as a V8 goes, Nissan is going to drop in the 4.5 from the Infiniti q45 (tuned a bit harder though) into the American version of the GTR. The V8 and turbo versions are ONLY for the GTR models. Bnr, the claimed max power for both is not yet fixed, but I have read claims up to 420 ps for the turbo and around 405 ps for the V8.

Nissan, as with all japanese manufacturers, do not view supercharging as a performance alternative. Japs only supercharge when they fit a small engine ito a big car, like some older Soarers, as Japan has a displacement tax. There is virtually no chance of a super'ed 3.5 V6.

The car to look at for the g35 is the 350z. because these cars share the same drivetrain, if the 350zx becomes a reality, then a turbo g35 is likely to follow. Some good news, nismo has been designing at 350z twin turbo set up.

Thread Information