Thread: Top Gear Thread

Top Gear Thread

Have my eyes decieved my or is there no Top Gear thread here?
    Current - 2005 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS
    Current - 1998 Honda Civic 160i Luxline

Near the middle of the middle of middle England.
    First things first, TopGear is a scripted programme set up for maximum entertainment. As much as I love the show, I never take it seriously and neither should anyone else. Clarkson is a social commentator first and the other two are his puppets (although May knows his stuff when he gets his own segments). TopGear is an entertainment show and despite it's flaws, I wouldn't have it any other way. The cars are thrashed for tyre smoke and huuuuge skids and the story's 99% twisted to be more entertaining...It's still the best programme on TV though and has magically retained it's charm since 2002, which deserves praise for both the presenters and the producers.
    Buying a car and not driving it is like buying a meal and not eating it.

"Oh sh*t, we're going..25!!" - A dear friend of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by W.R. View Post
    First things first, TopGear is a scripted programme set up for maximum entertainment. As much as I love the show, I never take it seriously and neither should anyone else. Clarkson is a social commentator first and the other two are his puppets (although May knows his stuff when he gets his own segments). TopGear is an entertainment show and despite it's flaws, I wouldn't have it any other way. The cars are thrashed for tyre smoke and huuuuge skids and the story's 99% twisted to be more entertaining...It's still the best programme on TV though and has magically retained it's charm since 2002, which deserves praise for both the presenters and the producers.
    So you like it then? Well so do I. Its funny as hell I'll tel you that

There's been a few, usually per series or per year.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    There's been a few, usually per series or per year.

Interesting. I used the search function and it came up with nothing. Oh well good the see there is some

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    They're kinda funny. Sometimes. Frankly I think they try too hard most of the time.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

I love Top Gear i watch all of them, but like other have said it more of a entertainment show.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

You have to take it with a grain of salt. I think Clarkson is a great television presenter but I'll admit that he's a hypocrite and a jackass and I would not want to meet him in person. I can remember in either the first or second series of new Top Gear, he drove an MG Xpower something that was ugly and literally falling apart the entire test and he was raving about how much better it was than all its German "rivals". And then he drives an AMG.

James May is my guy.

Even as entertainment it gets a little stale and forced every so often.

It appeals to people outside of car aficionados as well

^^^ Yea, thats why it does so well for viewings
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

What I like about J.C is he doesnt hesitate to speak his mind and he says what he thinks. He is hilariously funny and I know many people will not agree with me. Most people will say they just muck about as opposed to 5th Gear who dont do stuff like that, but 5th Gear is boring and not funny at all.

Supposedly Top Gear is postponed until 2013.

I started watching season 15, I skipped through a lot of that first episode.

No big loss in my opinion.

I doubt I've watched as many as 8 episodes....and a bunch of them are on Netflix...there's just a lot more entertainment to be found than that tiresome show.

Thread Information