Thread: Vauxhall Corsa VXR

Vauxhall Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

VAUXHALL'S NEW WHITE BRIGADE HITS RACING LINE WITH BTCC DRIVERS

Two new VXRs at London Motor Show
    Only 500 Arctic Edition Corsas to be produced
    All new Heron White colour showcases latest VXR8 LS3
    Luton. A stunning new Corsa VXR, known as the Arctic Edition, heads up a fresh trio of performance stars from Vauxhall and will make its UK debut at the British International Motor Show on July 22. Joining it on the stand will be the latest VXR8, with its potent new 6.2-litre, 431PS V8 engine, and the recently launched Astra Nurburgring Edition.

Only 500 Corsa VXR Arctic Editions will be sold in the UK, and each will sport unique Glacier White paintwork, bespoke black 18-inch V-spoke alloy wheels with ultra-low profile 225/35 tyres and a Remus Sports exhaust. Arctic Editions also get an electrically operated sliding glass sunroof with interior blind, dark tinted rear windows and a black-painted roof and door mirrors.

In standard form, the Corsa VXR’s 1.6-litre turbocharged engine produces 192PS, enough for a maximum speed of 140mph and a 0-60 time of 6.8 seconds. But with the Arctic Edition’s Remus Sports exhaust, power is boosted by up to 15PS, enhancing performance still further. At £16,995, the Arctic Edition is just £995 more than the standard Corsa VXR and is on sale now.

Tom Onslow-Cole, VX Racing’s rookie star who’s currently running sixth in the 2008 BTCC, took a break from testing at Snetterton to admire the Arctic Edition.
    “I currently drive an Astra VXR painted in quite a subtle colour,” said Tom, “So the white paintwork on this car blew me away. I also love the noise from the Remus exhaust; it’s quite addictive and was developed by Triple Eight Engineering, who also build and maintain our race cars. Sitting here in Snetterton’s pit lane, in the Corsa’s Recaro seat, the red mist is already descending....”

Vying for attention outside VX Racing’s pit garage is the latest VXR8 fitted with the new 6.2-litre LS3 V8 engine, producing 431PS. This car is painted Heron White – a new colour for LS3-engined cars – and rides on 20-inch alloy wheels, which are available as an option on the VXR8. This is the fastest car to wear the Griffin badge, with a 0-60mph time of just 4.9 seconds, so how does Vauxhall’s reining BTCC champion think it compares with his company car?

“My team mate, Matt Neal, owns a 6.0-litre VXR8 and he’s always raving about it,” says Fabrizio Giovanardi, who’s currently leading this year’s championship. “I’ve just noticed that the 0-60 time of the VXR8 is exactly the same as our race Vectra, but I somehow think this one would be easier to live with on the road! I love what this car represents: rear-wheel drive, V8 torque and a great chassis – and that wonderful rumble through the optional V8 Supercar exhausts. This is a true driver’s car.”
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Vauxhall Corsa VXR

CORSA VXR - VAUXHALL UNLEASHES ITS HOTTEST EVER SUPERMINI

· New Corsa VXR on sale mid-March
    · Lightweight turbo 1.6-litre engine producing 192PS and more than 260Nm
    · Top speed of 140mph and 0-60 in 6.8 seconds

The new Corsa has already caused quite a sensation with its bold styling and impressive road manners, but now Vauxhall has pulled the wraps off the ultimate version – the long awaited VXR.

The performance flagship of the range is every inch a VXR, designed from the outset to deliver the ultimate in hot-hatch driving excitement and style.

Immediately distinguishable from other models in the new Corsa range, the three-door only VXR comes with several unique VXR styling cues. The mirrors, front foglamp surrounds and centre-exit exhaust tailpipe all have a triangular theme, while the aggressive front and rear bumpers are unique to this model.

Sweeping side skirts and an angular roof spoiler help accentuate the three-door Corsa’s already muscular design, while a mesh front grille, blue-painted brake callipers and optional 18-inch alloys further set off the VXR’s performance appearance.

The interior is dominated by the sculpted, shell-backed Recaro sports seats and the race-car style flat-bottomed steering wheel. Drilled alloy pedals, piano black trim on the facia and unique VXR detailing on the dials and gear lever make sure the Corsa VXR looks as special inside as it does on the outside.

Power comes from a compact 1.6-litre turbocharged engine, developing 192PS and giving Corsa VXR the ability to accelerate from 0-60mph in just 6.8 seconds, on to a top speed of 140mph. Like the Meriva VXR, it comes with an ‘overboost’ facility which can increase the torque output on demand to a maximum of more than 260Nm – useful for safe overtaking.

The power is kept in check with a dynamically-designed chassis including a specially-tuned ESP system, along with uprated brakes and suspension and variably-assisted power steering, which alters the weight and feel of the wheel depending on the way in which the car is driven – a feature unique in this area of the market.

Yet despite its wild performance and impressive technology, Corsa VXR promises to be an affordable car to run, with surprising fuel economy for a 140mph car. On extra-urban routes it returns 44.1mpg according to official figures and the combined fuel economy figure is 35.8mpg.

The Corsa VXR will make its public debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March, and will be available from Vauxhall retailers from mid-March. Prices will be announced nearer to the on-sale date.
    Last edited by Gt1Street; 08-22-2008 at 03:10 PM.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Vauxhall Corsa VXR #2
    Last edited by Gt1Street; 08-22-2008 at 03:10 PM.

Erm, you've given us the pics for the Corsa VXR, but the press release text from the Astra VXR.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Vauxhall Corsa VXR #3

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Erm, you've given us the pics for the Corsa VXR, but the press release text from the Astra VXR.
    Whoops, thanks for the heads up

Vauxhall Corsa VXR #4

this car kinda looks like its been face-lifted in one too many places. it doesnt really have any particular shape like the old corsa. you wouldnt reckognise it from a distance. Infact it blends in far too much with all the other cars in its class, and vice-versa. Is it the trend these days for small cars to be over-designed? what ever happened to the classic shape of small cars these days?

Vauxhall Corsa VXR #5

Vauxhall Corsa VXR #6

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    this car kinda looks like its been face-lifted in one too many places. it doesnt really have any particular shape like the old corsa. you wouldnt reckognise it from a distance. Infact it blends in far too much with all the other cars in its class, and vice-versa. Is it the trend these days for small cars to be over-designed? what ever happened to the classic shape of small cars these days?
    true

its design is simply "too much", and with the Vauxhall grid it's even worse
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    If you want a classic and tasteful hot hatch design that is neither overstatement nor understatement, look no futher than Grande Punto Abarth. Somewhat ironically these two share the platform, but what a difference in appearance...

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    If you want a classic and tasteful hot hatch design that is neither overstatement nor understatement, look no futher than Grande Punto Abarth. Somewhat ironically these two share the platform, but what a difference in appearance...
    but I have to admit this has a cool sound for a 4I, I'm still waiting to hear a proper acceleration from an Abarth though
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

i think that colour does not particularly suit it, but also the vauxhall badge/grille thing is just...no
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    With no EsseEsse package it has about 40bhp less though.

Altough I agree the Abarth looks the part.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information