Thread: So Kitdy...

So Kitdy...

How about them Leafs huh?

TBH I don't watch Hockey at all....though it was surprise to see them made the playoff considering the last time they did I was in 2nd year of Uni and it was my only memory of a FSAE team outing to the bar acorss the street from UT Engineering(O'Grady's) to watch the game.

It was close though....Wings are still in it....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I don't even want to talk about it.

I probably only watched 50% of the games this year due to a busier work schedule (ie, I work now), but as the end of the season drew new, the city began to buzz. To see... Ah man... Just... Just screw it.

I was in grade 11. I remember Ron Francis nearly putting it in in the 3rd in game 6. Leetch jumping in on back to back rushes, and then the goal by Roenick.

It was cool to see on TV with that many people outside of ACC watching the game. I am sure Toronto was a buzz with hockey fever. Toronto teams general don't get that kind of excitement...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Game 7 was incredible...... for the Bruins.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    It was cool to see on TV with that many people outside of ACC watching the game. I am sure Toronto was a buzz with hockey fever. Toronto teams general don't get that kind of excitement...
    Toronto is a hockey city, and Canada, a hockey country. End of. No one cares about the Argos, who are a footnote even after winning the Grey Cup, the Raps have a more youthful demo than hockey (hockey is maybe the key demo in all of major sport) but are utter crap, the Rock are amazing but NLL is niche, and the Jays well... The Jays are how a team in most market operates. If you win, the crowd will show. U Mad Bro? Formerly only 6 playoff teams, then 8, now 10 on baseball. Also, the Jays are choking this year... People want to believe in a team in this city.

We also sit on our hands because we are puritanical god-fearing protestants (or agnostic/atheist) and we have no fun. Bars shut at 2 am. Please form an orderly line to the subway, which at this time, is shut.

Why didn't you go to Einstein's?! That was the engineering bar!

Too smokey(at the time), and we get free nacho at O'Grady's...lol
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I was cheering for the Leafs that whole game bc i can't freaking stand the Bruins. I woulda kept rooting for them too if they moved on bc the rest of the teams in the East i hate with a burning passion. I guess it's up to the Sens now but they're behind already

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    We also sit on our hands because we are puritanical god-fearing protestants (or agnostic/atheist) and we have no fun. Bars shut at 2 am. Please form an orderly line to the subway, which at this time, is shut.
    Wow, 2am! Many places here close at midnight, because the license to operate the bar is cheaper that way. Other places switch to plastic cups at midnight due to same and/or they have to because law. Can't glass people with a plastic cup...
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    I was cheering for the Leafs that whole game bc i can't freaking stand the Bruins. I woulda kept rooting for them too if they moved on bc the rest of the teams in the East i hate with a burning passion. I guess it's up to the Sens now but they're behind already
    Who are you for?

Thread Information