Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mt Cootha Classic

rpmag;
    were you competitor or spectator? if you have any extra photo's feel free to add them to this thread
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I was one of the drivers of the Rochdale Olympic...the slower driver in fact.
    I'm impressed by some of the images on this thread. If any of the photographers are interested I'd be more than happy to publish a couple in Race Magazine.

you can publish any of my pics if you think they're good enough

nice car the olympic, any additional info or pictures of it?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thanks, I'll try to take you up on that. Any particular place to download them from.
    Info on the Olympic...what do you want to know? The basics are weight around 780kg, 2lt Fiat twin cam engine of around 150bhp.
    It was taken to the even untuned, untested and was bolted together the night before! Toes was set by eye 30 minutes before the first run and this was the cars first event. The poor preparation was caused by lack of time when magazine production intruded into the car building time...damn thing work! Considering the lack of preparation we were lucky to get through the event with no mechanical problems at all and we had a great time. One week later I found the timing was 10 deg retarded, so there is more potential there. All in all it was good, Bill came 6th or 7th in class, not that this really means anything given the variety in the class. By the time I got back to Vic it was a 4500km round trip!

Quote Originally Posted by rpmag View Post
    Thanks, I'll try to take you up on that. Any particular place to download them from.
    if you click on the 'go advanced' tab next to the 'post reply' at the bottom of the page, it will take you the advanced reply page, on which if you click 'manage attachments' you can upload pics directly to this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmag View Post
    Info on the Olympic...what do you want to know? The basics are weight around 780kg, 2lt Fiat twin cam engine of around 150bhp.
    It was taken to the even untuned, untested and was bolted together the night before! Toes was set by eye 30 minutes before the first run and this was the cars first event.
    car's first event, foreign track, first time the event was held in 70 years...
    no pressure
    it is an interesting car, one which i admit did not know existed before the event congrats on the result and surviving the big trip.

Oh there was pressure alright! Anyway just kept to the plan of running the car, which was not to try hard and simply have a good time! Also forget that the paint was unfinished and it was untrimmed...in a field of stunning cars. I was asked a couple of times when I was going to start work on it!
    There are two Olympics in the country and around 120 still surviving in the world, so not common. It gets a lot of attention on the road, some of which is welcome!
    Do you have high res versions of your images?

was definately an interesting field of cars doubt i'll be able to get back in next year once word gets around.
    unfortunately that's as hi res as it gets, i'm a rank amateur with photography - only do it so others can see the cars and the events really

OK thanks, will see what they are like downloaded.

Thread Information