Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gtp

Gtp

I read today that procar's team lamboghni is planning to run audi sadans in gtp next year insted of the vw golf's and is selling the lambogni's.
    GTP is also trying to incourage these other manufactures to join
    Volvo. S60 R
    Renault. Clio Sport V6
    Ford Focus. RS
    Alfa Romeo. 147 GTA
    Audi. RS4

Where did you read this?
    Up until now GTP has only been open to cars that are available in the Australian market in significant numbers either as new or used imports (which is how the Mits Lancer Evos were allowed to run, even though only the Evo 6 and Evo 8 have been officially imported). The Renault Clio Sport V6 and Ford Focus RS have never been imported here in significant numbers. There may be one or two private imports of each, but not "significant" numbers.
    Also, wouldn't the Audi RS4 be outside the "spirit" of the regulations in that its too powerful - after all the Skyline GTR hasn't been permitted.
    Has GTP extended the eligibility criteria?
    Which is why I ask, where did you read it - I'd like to read the same article.
    I certainly wouldn't mind seeing those cars you mentioned on track.

Also, I did hear about the Audi's - S4s I believe (unless the new RS4 is permitted...).
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    Where did you read this?
    Up until now GTP has only been open to cars that are available in the Australian market in significant numbers either as new or used imports (which is how the Mits Lancer Evos were allowed to run, even though only the Evo 6 and Evo 8 have been officially imported). The Renault Clio Sport V6 and Ford Focus RS have never been imported here in significant numbers. There may be one or two private imports of each, but not "significant" numbers.
    Also, wouldn't the Audi RS4 be outside the "spirit" of the regulations in that its too powerful - after all the Skyline GTR hasn't been permitted.
    Has GTP extended the eligibility criteria?
    Which is why I ask, where did you read it - I'd like to read the same article.
    I certainly wouldn't mind seeing those cars you mentioned on track.

Also, I did hear about the Audi's - S4s I believe (unless the new RS4 is permitted...).
    It said in auto action or one of the racing magazines this week.

A Renault Clio Sport V6 would certainly be interesting...
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

well if theyre allowed get the Supras and GTRs out there and we'll see a real good show
    The Datto will rage again...

Nah that wouldent be kewlwell have really oldcars vsing relativly new ones...itll kill the class....leave it as it is i say!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Nah that wouldent be kewlwell have really oldcars vsing relativly new ones...itll kill the class....leave it as it is i say!
    Nah change it

and here is a full list of cars

Alfa Romeo 147 GTA

Audi RS4

BMW M Coupe

BMW M3 E46

Ford Focus RS

FPV BA GT

HSV VX GTS

HSV VY GTS

Mazda RX 7 Series 6

Mazda RX 7 Series 8 RS

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V RS

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI RS/GSR

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII RS

Nissan 200SX GT

Nissan 350Z Version S

Renault Clio Sport V6

Subaru WRX STi MY01-02 (Jap. Spec)

Subaru WRX STi Version IV

Subaru WRX STi Version V

Subaru WRX STi Version VI

Tickford T Series III TE50

Volkswagen Golf R32

Volvo S60 R
    Last edited by jaybonzi; 12-04-2004 at 05:33 PM.

Personallyi think the Catrigory needs some realmoney...itsreal raceing imho i prefer production cars to v8s tobe honest...dont get me wrong i love the v8s but we cant let production raceing which we whatched for near 30 years before the v8s came onto the radar faulter and genrally be ingored like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Personallyi think the Catrigory needs some realmoney...itsreal raceing imho i prefer production cars to v8s tobe honest...dont get me wrong i love the v8s but we cant let production raceing which we whatched for near 30 years before the v8s came onto the radar faulter and genrally be ingored like this!
    Ther also changing the rules in between curent production and international group n. So even more cars than this should be allowd to run

Cant let production cars die,too good a series,for some reason they down appeal to the populas as much as say V8 Brutes good racing,not what you would call variety though.I think thats how Ford and Holden like it.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Cant let production cars die,too good a series,for some reason they down appeal to the populas as much as say V8 Brutes good racing,not what you would call variety though.I think thats how Ford and Holden like it.
    do you think with the rule changes and the new cars allowed to enter it will be a better series

I think you can add the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8 to the list of eligible cars - I'm sure thats what Mark King and co were using this year.
    The series is already good - just needs better exposure on television. If it joins the AVESCO series, then hopefully Channel 10 will show it in their Trackside program.

If it was on at a decent time on win (rather then when the cricket went to lunch) and it was on prime for a time....with decent exposure itll help the catigory no end and ill get to see what id rather whatch...

Also i noticed no typhoon....i wonder what catigory it woult qualify for then?

maybe the F6 will get in next year with the VZ HSV's or whatever
    I am the Stig

Thread Information