Thread: 1997 Grand Prix GTP HELP !

1997 Grand Prix GTP HELP !

I found a dealer who is selling a 97 GTP for pretty cheap but it has 105,000 miles on it. Was wondering if anyone knew how many miles can these cars get up to till having issues/problems. Going to the dealer this weekend to test drive it. Can anyone tell me what I should look for to make sure the car is in good shape ??

Thanks

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    In my experience, 3.8's hold up for around 200k miles, but that's the N/A ones. I don't know about the supercharged models...but being that the 3.8 is dang near bulletproof, it's a safe bet you'll get a lot more miles out of it.

The trannies are also excellent units. I wouldn't expect problems here either.

Other than that, just check for basic things. Is the interior in good shape? Does the car track well? Does it run smoothly? Burn oil? Use common sense and it should be fine. Don't get your heart set on the car, you have to be prepared to walk away if it's not what you really want.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Hey shr0olvl,
    In my opinion, I would not purchase a car that has that many miles on it. You never know how the car was treated, driven, or maintained by its previous owner or owners. On the other end... it may very well be a solid car... who knows... kinda hard to predict things sometimes.

my $0.02 on it,
    --cel2000xl

Thread Information