Thread: Winter Accidents

Winter Accidents

It's hard to belief how inevitable this is...

http://www.hugi.is/hahradi/bigboxes....1208&f_id=1238

yep thats one of the better videos Iv seen of icy roads. I bet the insurance places were busy that day.

yea i saw that the day after it happened. that must have been really annoying cuz they couldnt do nehting about it. funny tho
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Common sense says don't go out in a car if the roads aren't cleared.
    It's liek the first fogs in the UK, loads of accidents on motorways and drivers doing 70mph with visibility at 50 feet.
    Some drivers don't realise it IS a choice to drive and NOT going out is sometimes the best choice
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

woow....never seen nething like that be4!!!
    FERRARI RULEZZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Common sense says don't go out in a car if the roads aren't cleared.
    It's liek the first fogs in the UK, loads of accidents on motorways and drivers doing 70mph with visibility at 50 feet.
    Some drivers don't realise it IS a choice to drive and NOT going out is sometimes the best choice
    i think that in this slippery conditions, using the bike was the best choice, cos you dont really go that fast, and have much more control...

Saw that SUV being lifted up on that audi a8 ?if he went a bit faster, he would have some serious damage....

They do it here too ,Matra... two days ago, the first snow fell here.i had people overtaking me with atleast 50km/h or 30mph.one almost went straightthrough into the water, but he was lucky there was a bit were he got some traction, and he could steer...

It is always advised not to go out, but i guess many people dont have a choice, cos of their jobs etc. However there is the train , maybe a much safer alternative in this wheather....

What the hell were those guys trying to do when they hang out of the car? They thought their feet would stop the car? They could be run over...
    The Jag had the wheels turned so he would have had more chances if he had stopped braking and put up a little acceleration.

And Drakkie: drinving a bike on those conditions it's IMPOSIBLE unless you're talking about and enduro bike with spike tires.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    What the hell were those guys trying to do when they hang out of the car? They thought their feet would stop the car? They could be run over...
    The Jag had the wheels turned so he would have had more chances if he had stopped braking and put up a little acceleration.

And Drakkie: drinving a bike on those conditions it's IMPOSIBLE unless you're talking about and enduro bike with spike tires.
    That's what happen when people arnt used to snow... I live in Finland and we drive everyday, regardless of the weather... Sure accidents do happen, but we are prepared. Not like the idiot that decided to jump out of the car... In that situation they should have had much lower speeds, break earlier, or let go of the brake(unless u got ABS) and turn the wheel slightly not to hit the car in front. Its kinda funny how many states in the US get completely paralyzed once they get an inch of snow, schools shut down etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    Its kinda funny how many states in the US get completely paralyzed once they get an inch of snow, schools shut down etc...
    not really, here in the northeast where there is a lot of snow, we don't get paralyzed in a inch of snow, it's usually around 2 feet when people don't go out anymore.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Saw it on the news a few days ago, funny.

Why were they jumping out, did they want to be Mc Mincemeat?
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

Thread Information