Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VE to benefit next Falcon; BFII this October...

Depends how you look at it i suppose. Ford were ahead of the rest on local content, dont know how they stand now, so in a sence theyre the most important as far as the local industry is concerned.

Holden by far sells the most cars, so as far as the workforce employed by the manufacturers are concerned, theyre the most important.

Toyota are stable financially, and export more than they sell here. Theyre obviously the future.

Mitsubishi are publicly sinking...
    I am the Stig

Alot more civilised here, over at LS1 its more fanboy than anything. Back on topic though, I understand where the article is heading, but I am also weary of the lengthy time period between the VE and Orion launch.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Well the possible benefit to Ford over Holden shortening the span of each model, they could forgo the usual 4 year update.

i.e. The '06 VE might be replaced totally at 2012 or thereabouts, around about the same time Orion will be 4 years old and heavily revised. If Holden dont heavily update around '09 then Ford dont suffer so much.
    I am the Stig

[QUOTE=Mr. Jinx] The Coupe4 is ejaculatory material! [/QUOTE]

Its been on carsguide since last week....

http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0...-21822,00.html
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Well the possible benefit to Ford over Holden shortening the span of each model, they could forgo the usual 4 year update.

i.e. The '06 VE might be replaced totally at 2012 or thereabouts, around about the same time Orion will be 4 years old and heavily revised. If Holden dont heavily update around '09 then Ford dont suffer so much.
    That will be very strange if holden make new models every 5-6 years not every 8-10. I don't think i like that with the commodore, Maybe the Statesman yes for overseas thats OK but not the Commodore.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

They have to do the whole lot at the same time if they want to keep it on the same platform. The influence probably comes from America, as they wont want to wait 8 years for an all new model. Just so happens that they need the car as part of their survival plans, and Holden's expendible
    I am the Stig

Would that put ford in a tight position?

Depends on what sort of investment Holden put in. If VE is a hit globally then they can get away with billion dollar investments every 6 years. If Ford continues to have to scrape together a billion every 8-9 years, then yes they'll have Ford up against a wall.

Ford's got some things up their sleeves to stop that happening however
    I am the Stig

That's why I'm not in favour of the 6 year cycle, Your only as good as your competition and when your pressed hard you try harder, The VE today wouldn't be or might be or might not be as good if the BA wasn't made.
    BA was that good VYII went harder, Same as HSV, FPV gave them something to have brown stains in there jocks So Y-Series 2 was that much better then Series-1. We will suffer in the end.
    But as you say i hope ford have got some good plans up there sleeves if it happens, But i hope it doesn't.

Lately im getting a bit disturbed really over how cocky some people are getting over VE. There seems to be a general perception that the VZ is on par with the BF in almost every aspect, so naturally the VE will blow it out of the water. Only time will tell i suppose
    I am the Stig

The VZ is not near the BF lol...I think the VE will bring the Commodore to the BF level and most likely pass it, but not by as much as some people - and Holden want you to think.

Personally I am all for shorter cycles...but only if all parties are going to do it. I wouldnt want Holden to give the Commodore 6 years and Ford give the Falcon near 10 years.

I dont think that Holden would shorten the life span of platforms though, unless the VE sells BIG BIG and Zeta becomes more popular than coca cola. Spending a billion every half decade for a tiny market (Oz) doesnt seem logical unless the architecture is doing well around the globe...and then theres GM...
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

It wouldnt be a tiny market though as the upgrades would be felt for all the models. The basic platform would be getting relevant updates as well
    I am the Stig

I dont think you interpretted me there...i was talking about the size Australian large car market opposed to the costs of developing sedans here every 6 years...
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

With that kind of investment every six or so years, I wouldn't rule out the Torana being placed into production in the near future, seeing as things will fold out successfully.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Thread Information