Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VE to benefit next Falcon; BFII this October...

But the Torana costs as much as a Commodore to make...Holden cant charge Commodore money for a midsize car unless they release it as a premium model only...
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Lately im getting a bit disturbed really over how cocky some people are getting over VE. There seems to be a general perception that the VZ is on par with the BF in almost every aspect, so naturally the VE will blow it out of the water. Only time will tell i suppose
    True only time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    The VZ is not near the BF lol...I think the VE will bring the Commodore to the BF level and most likely pass it, but not by as much as some people - and Holden want you to think.

Personally I am all for shorter cycles...but only if all parties are going to do it. I wouldnt want Holden to give the Commodore 6 years and Ford give the Falcon near 10 years.

I dont think that Holden would shorten the life span of platforms though, unless the VE sells BIG BIG and Zeta becomes more popular than coca cola. Spending a billion every half decade for a tiny market (Oz) doesnt seem logical unless the architecture is doing well around the globe...and then theres GM...
    They are pretty close some more then others are.
    Base is the big gap which got closer with VZ. But maybe it's value for money thats on par

Maybe if holden can get a market for the torana they can sell it here in some numbers?. If they can have the development etc shared then if they can offer it @ 10% under the base commodore it might go alright with 2.8-3.2lt engines?
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

I dont think you interpretted me there...i was talking about the size Australian large car market opposed to the costs of developing sedans here every 6 years...
    Holden arent judging the VE's success just on local sales anymore. Theres no way they'd shorten the cycles just on local sales, it'll always be based on the global input as that'll judge how much GM allow being spent on it. If America buys 60,000 of them next year, yet we only sell 30,000 GM might still think 6 year cycles are better off
    I am the Stig

Holden arent judging the VE's success just on local sales anymore. Theres no way they'd shorten the cycles just on local sales, it'll always be based on the global input as that'll judge how much GM allow being spent on it. If America buys 60,000 of them next year, yet we only sell 30,000 GM might still think 6 year cycles are better off
    Do you mean 60,000 VE's or 60,000 Zeta's?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Maybe if holden can get a market for the torana they can sell it here in some numbers?. If they can have the development etc shared then if they can offer it @ 10% under the base commodore it might go alright with 2.8-3.2lt engines?
    What Holden should do is make the Torana into a performance model only - like they did with the Monaro. Since the Monaro is gone for a while the Torana would fill the hole left by it. They could give it a turbo alloytech and ask 45 - 50k for it. It would sell its ass off like the Monaro did. The nameplate alone would sell it!!

BTW where is Ford's coupe hero?
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Well we all know its the same shit, although to be politically corrent its Zeta, as the only people that will probably get VE other than us is New Zealand, South Africa, the Middle East and possibly the UK (most likely through Tom Walkinshaw, Vauxhall/Opel are likely i suppose to come up with their own variant)

I stuffed up though with the figures, i meant to put 600,000 for the US
    I am the Stig

Well we all know its the same shit, although to be politically corrent its Zeta, as the only people that will probably get VE other than us is New Zealand, South Africa, the Middle East and possibly the UK (most likely through Tom Walkinshaw, Vauxhall/Opel are likely i suppose to come up with their own variant)

I stuffed up though with the figures, i meant to put 600,000 for the US
    I reckon Zeta in the US will be a huge hit...they have hardly any decent large RWDs there as it is...
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Well the fleet market there still love the Crown Victoria's, and Chrysler seems to have found alot of buyers with the 300 and 300C. GM can probably still find a piece of the cake, just how much is the question. It'd have to be built there to succeed however
    I am the Stig

What Holden should do is make the Torana into a performance model only - like they did with the Monaro. Since the Monaro is gone for a while the Torana would fill the hole left by it. They could give it a turbo alloytech and ask 45 - 50k for it. It would sell its ass off like the Monaro did. The nameplate alone would sell it!!

BTW where is Ford's coupe hero?
    Your probably right there it would be nice to see it slip in in the place of the monaro. Every 6 years bring 1 back?. It would be cheaper to then the Monaro.

It would be nice to see a Ford coupe but done right, It's strange the AU looked better as a coupe then the BA did, I still don't know why they raised the roof on the BA Coupe
    I reckon Zeta in the US will be a huge hit...they have hardly any decent large RWDs there as it is...
    It's just GM that don't have RWD They have shit they need a SS type car and even a SV6 type with Executive, Half the yanks on GM insiders have woodys when they think about a Cheap RWD large car with 5 seats and manual V8

Remember Slick that was just one example of the BA made into a coupe. Hillier were responsible for the AU coupe that Ford put onto their stand at MMS, and that was done right. They havent commisioned anything for the BA as it'd be pointless
    I am the Stig

Hillier don't do the BA?.

They might do if you bring them one, but even the AU was $35K for the conversion, when they'd already figured out the engineering for it.
    I am the Stig

If you had a XT mint second hand cheap you might do it, Toss a BF Ghia front on Would look ho ho ho hot. Just make sure they cut 20mm off the roof

At that price its really show car stuff.
    I am the Stig

Ford may give us a unique car at this years motorshow...i remember last year that mr Gorman said that Ford would get back into 'show cars' again...
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

And that mutt thing Money said holden wouldn't do them, That nukenfuts thing it's to show the Country some good stuff i think it's great all the show cars.

Thread Information