Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Morgan Aero 8

Thumbs up 2008 Morgan Aero 8

One of my favorite cars have new version. Not the most prettiest one ,but something special.

For 2008, Morgan sees the start of production of the new 4.8 litre V8 version of the Aero 8. The latest BMW V8 engine takes Morgan performance to the next level.

The new engine adds 13% more power, raising output to 367Bhp, giving a power to weight ratio of over 315 Bhp/tonne, enough to propel the car from 0 – 60 mph in just 4.2 seconds and on to a top speed of 170 mph.

New for Morgan is an automatic gearbox option. ZF’s latest 6 HP26 six speed gives even better performance than a manual gearbox due to its special lock up clutch, low power loss design and instant change characteristic. The automatic is useable either as a full automatic for more relaxed driving or in sport manual mode when the bespoke gear lever will hold the engine revs up to the maximum in each gear, increase change speed and ‘blip’ the throttle to smooth down changes.

The efficiency of the new engine and gearbox combination deliver the extra power and performance with a reduction in CO2 emissions. Thanks to Morgan’s clever lightweight design and efficient engine/gearbox combination the European drive cycle emission level, at 260 g/km, proves supercar performance does not need to come at enormous cost to the environment.
    New instrumentation, a repositioned fuel tank for better weight distribution and significantly increased luggage space and larger air intakes and exits on the wings distinguish the new model.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games"
    -Ernest Hemingway

I could be good for the hide-out

this car is really something special, it connected the retro look to modern days appearance, before also Wiesmann did it brilliantly too.
    even if this last iteration lost some of its class and elegant look, just because of small details like the black rims and the side vents right after the front wheels, it's still something unique and astonishing to look at, it almost raise the question if all the technology we are used to in modern cars it's really useful.
    this car looks like old sport car do, it's made (partially) of wood, it's lightweight, eye-catching, fast and can distinguish you from the average healthy guy with just another 911, SL, or V8 Ferrari.
    they have been capable of creating, or perhaps finding, a segment of the market where to positioning their cars, a market where the name (Morgan is an old and excellent name, but not something people know about), the performance and the specs, or even the latest gizmos don't count. there is only the look, in the more genuine and positive way.
    there are a few possibilities that an wealthy man in the market for a new exclusive drive will consider this against a DB9 or even an XK, and that's the point of this car. Usually a lot of drivers wouldn't consider it, but those who do, will only want a car like these, even because there isn't something similar available.
    lately Wiesmann evolved to a very good level, but I personally think their focus is the performance of the car rather than its "heritage".
    Ironically the both of them are equipped with BMW's engines, but while just right now Morgan adopted the 4.8 liter V8, the German builder uses the M5's V10 since last year and always equipped its cars with an M3 engine, as a reference.
    despites the look of the Wiesmann is definitely based on old Jaguars of the past, I would consider the Morgan as a car with a soul more similar to the British company of that days, while I use to the "Bentley Boys" and their hige green B cars while considering Wiesmann and its powerful engines
    both British gentlemen, both classy and even from the wealthy part of the population but with a different attitude to cars.
    just a personal thought.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

At last they've fixed the lights and now it doesn't look cross-eyed.
    Still tho' the looks aren't my preference. If I want the look I'd go for a classic
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    At last they've fixed the lights and now it doesn't look cross-eyed.
    Still tho' the looks aren't my preference. If I want the look I'd go for a classic
    I noticed the lack of cross eyed-ness too. I think it looks better than before but has perhaps lost some of its quirky loveability. The greater performance from the new engine should make this a better alternative to its more main stream competitors.

would the turbo v8 from the new 7 an x6 be too advanced for this car?
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    I think so, i'm surprised they have auto gearbox.
    "There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games"
    -Ernest Hemingway

I like it too, even if the classic Morgan proportions and styling don't translate very well into "moderness". As Damiano said it's a very left-field car and I like that in a car. It looks and feels unique just as it should. A bit like a Birstol, which I like too.

It is different from Weisman in my opinion. The Weismann is a contemporary sportscar that just happens to look a bit like a classic british roadster. This isn't retro at all. They've just been making them like this since the 30's. Also the Weismann has far too much power for a traditional british sportscar.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    With the low weight you don't need so much power. And they probably only upgraded to the 4.8 litre engine because the 4.4 litre went out of production.
    Quote Originally Posted by ErWin76 View Post
    I think so, i'm surprised they have auto gearbox.
    Surely a costumers demand.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I really liked the coupe version, but this car really has character and I admire it for that.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Yep, the Aeromax is fabulous.

A shame that it is a limited edition.
    Visca Catalunya!

I love Morgans, and I do like this one, sepecially since they fixed the headlights. I'm still not a big fan of the rear end, but I'd definitely take one.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Yep, the Aeromax is fabulous.

A shame that it is a limited edition.
    I would definitely hit the Life Car even more.

agree on you opinion about Wiesmann.
    and taking about retrostyle, I like Spyker's interior too.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I would definitely hit the Life Car even more.

agree on you opinion about Wiesmann.
    and taking about retrostyle, I like Spyker's interior too.
    I like Spykers too. They are a bit like cut-price Paganis.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I like Spykers too. They are a bit like cut-price Paganis.
    still 220.000 euro for a base model
    they aren't good performers, they aren't comfortable gt either, and they aren't even known by Guido (or Tizio, as I mentioned before ), but they are so special, detailed, classy.
    to be brutally honest, I would buy right now the D12 if I had the money, no matter if it is a pseudo SUV or what else, it's gorgeous, those ribs starting after the wheel arches are magnificent, and the internal aluminum pillars are even better.

They've made it look worse to me.

Those headlight bumps are fairly rank.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

It looks nice actually...

It's kind of expensive though...
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

Thread Information