Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 - Nocturne, Soleil de Nuit, Sang d’Argent

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Nothing but RS models: Cayman RS, Boxster RS, Panamera RS (with a GT3 style rear wing and a sequential shifter from an RSR racer), Cayenne RS (with RWD)....

A flying Porsche wouldn't be bad either.
    The Cayenne would have a huge wing too right?

That'd be dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    The Cayenne would have a huge wing too right?

That'd be dope.
    Yes, and a sweet aero package so it can take Eau Rouge flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    So what is bad in their lineup then? The Cayenne sucks, fine, but it maybe saved the company. The Panamera according to everyone I've read is amazing. The 911 is amazing. The Boxster and Cayman are amongst the best handling cars out there.
    Porsche was perfectly profitable before the Cayenne. The Cayenne is just greed.

It's the Boxster which saved Porsche. And it's greed what almost kills them again this year.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Nothing but RS models: Cayman RS, Boxster RS, Panamera RS (with a GT3 style rear wing and a sequential shifter from an RSR racer), Cayenne RS (with RWD)....

A flying Porsche wouldn't be bad either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Porsche was perfectly profitable before the Cayenne. The Cayenne is just greed.

It's the Boxster which saved Porsche. And it's greed what almost kills them again this year.
    Both of them.
    They can keep the standard 911, for tradition you know, but I actually preferred the 996 to the 997 and the 964 to the 993.
    Obviously I stil think the original 911 is the best looking.

They could have made the Cayene IF it was really Dakar related and IF they were to enter rally raids again. IIRC they never had a remarkable carrier in racing yacht so no point in selling one.
    The Panamera is just another boat. I honestly don't care how they handle as basically everything this days from a major company handles well and up to its prerogatives. Aston Martin did the huge mistake of passing pre production and testing DBS' to journos because the production cars weren't ready yet. Big mistake, and now people still think the DBS is a nanny coupe.
    Ferrari did the same mistake with the 599, except that the car was indeed fast but horribly assembled and finished, carrying on the usual belief that Ferraris are among the worst assembled cars on the interior.

BTW, there used to be more sporty 911s during the 993 generation than now I think, and that GT2 was really insane.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by netburner View Post
    - 2007 Pur Sang, 5 made
    - 2007 Pegaso, one-off
    - 2007 fbg Hermes, two known cars
    - 2008 M.Y.B. EB Special Edition, one-off
    - 2008 Sang Noir, 5 made
    - 2008 Le Mans, one-off
    - 2009 Blue Centenaire, one-off
    - 2009 Centenaire Edition Rosso "Achille Varzi", one-off
    - 2009 Centenaire Edition Blue "Jean-Pierre Wimille", one-off
    - 2009 Centenaire Edition Reinweiß "Herrmann zu Leiningen", one-off
    - 2009 Centenaire Edition British Racing Green "Malcolm Campbell", one-off
    - 2009 Grand Sport Sang Bleu, one-off
    - 2009 Grand Sport Blanc Noir, one-off
    - 2009 Nocturne, 5 will be made
    - 2009 Sang d'Argent, one-off
    - 2009 Grand Sport Soleil de Nuit, one-off

So 29 out of 450 Veyrons (300 Coupés and 150 Grand Sport will be built all together) are special ones so far.

Forgot to say before, the Sang Noir is a 15 units edition, Bugatti's words. Then don't ask me how many are out there.
    So 39 cars, as I said before. I'm a bit surprised about the only two Hermes cars, but indeed we only saw the two exhibition models.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    BTW, there used to be more sporty 911s during the 993 generation than now I think, and that GT2 was really insane.
    Turbo, Turbo Cab, Turbo S, RS, GT2, and a Speedster.

Everything that I've read says that the 997 GT2 is badass, but it is missing the point when compared to the 993... which is mega badass.

The idea being how the 997 GT2 isn't as racing focused as the 993 was.

What I don't understand is why Porsche didn't just make a 997 GT2 which is just as hardcore as the orginal? I mean, so what if they don't race GT2's anymore; they can still build a new one as if they intended to. Porsche was always about racing and motorsports, why not keep it that way?

Turbo, Turbo Cab, Turbo S, RS, GT2, and a Speedster.

Everything that I've read says that the 997 GT2 is badass, but it is missing the point when compared to the 993... which is mega badass.

The idea being how the 997 GT2 isn't as racing focused as the 993 was.

What I don't understand is why Porsche didn't just make a 997 GT2 which is just as hardcore as the orginal? I mean, so what if they don't race GT2's anymore; they can still build a new one as if they intended to. Porsche was always about racing and motorsports, why not keep it that way?
    IIRC there were more variants of the RS model, whatever.
    The new GT2 may be fast, but it's just an uglier Turbo to look at, with the Turbo surely not being pretty in first place, and mostly, it's uglier without a point. At least the 996 GT2 was somehow good looking, or even better looking than the base 996, while also being faster if compared to what was available at the time, while the 997 GT2 is surely fast, but not that fast.

The 993 GT2 was just insane, something like a poor man F40.
    I'd expect a modern GT2 being similar to a GT3 RS, just extremer, while it just seems to be an officially tuned Turbo.

Chaps let's not argue about Porsche's sportscars, you may like them or not, but they are perfectly ok, even current ones. And the 993 is the best 911 together with the original.

It's the four door Porsches that are the problem.
    Visca Catalunya!

Chaps let's not argue about Porsche's sportscars, you may like them or not, but they are perfectly ok, even current ones. And the 993 is the best 911 together with the original.

It's the four door Porsches that are the problem.
    If only the PanAm was 2-300 kg lighter, had a decent look and a less gimmick interior I could live with it. If only the Cayenne was a road going Bowler Nemesis I could live with it. If only my grandpa had wheels I'd have been a car, if he had wings, I'd have been a freaking plane.
    Italian non senses.

If only the PanAm was 2-300 kg lighter, had a decent look and a less gimmick interior I could live with it. If only the Cayenne was a road going Bowler Nemesis I could live with it. If only my grandpa had wheels I'd have been a car, if he had wings, I'd have been a freaking plane.
    Italian non senses.
    Disagree. Porsche should stick to make sportscars, just like Aston Martin should stick to grand tourers.

Oh wait...
    Visca Catalunya!

Disagree. Porsche should stick to make sportscars, just like Aston Martin should stick to grand tourers.

Oh wait...
    Don't know, I always perceived Porsche as a generalist sporty brand, so once they entered Dakar one time, I could see something like that coming.
    The PanAm could have a the less embarrassing way to enlarge the portfolio without using a SUV, but they managed to screw that too.

I'm fine with the Rapide, not only because I like it.
    Maybe they should have made it different looking and sell it as a Lagonda, but it was too early, half people wouldn't even recognize the name. It's just a Vanquish 2+2, just with an easier access to the rear seats this time.
    Considering I think AM and Maserati are pretty similar, only divided by about 100.000 € per car, it makes a lot of sense.

and the Veyron? who?

I'm fine with the Rapide, not only because I like it.
    Maybe they should have made it different looking and sell it as a Lagonda, but it was too early, half people wouldn't even recognize the name. It's just a Vanquish 2+2, just with an easier access to the rear seats this time.
    Considering I think AM and Maserati are pretty similar, only divided by about 100.000 € per car, it makes a lot of sense.
    Nah it's not the Rapide that's the problem. It's something presented much more recently.

And nobody cares about the Veyron. At all.
    Visca Catalunya!

I thought we already cleared that the Cygnet is something they just need to do, like paying taxes or crash test on cars like the One-77.
    It's a rather harmless thing though, only AM customers will have the possibility to buy it, and the point is having it in the line-up, they could even manage to sell 10 of them but it would be enough if it is meant to be a production car.

And I still think it would be perfect for a V8 swap, with the front seats moved back, eliminating the rear seats and straight pipes. for the lulz.

I thought we already cleared that the Cygnet is something they just need to do, like paying taxes or crash test on cars like the One-77.
    It's a rather harmless thing though, only AM customers will have the possibility to buy it, and the point is having it in the line-up, they could even manage to sell 10 of them but it would be enough if it is meant to be a production car.

And I still think it would be perfect for a V8 swap, with the front seats moved back, eliminating the rear seats and straight pipes. for the lulz.
    I'm sorry but I still hate it. And if I was Aston I'd try something else.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'm sorry but I still hate it. And if I was Aston I'd try something else.
    What?

Thread Information