Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Venom 1000 Viper Vs Veyron

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    The very existence of Supercars relies on two parties, the ones that make them, and the ones that buy them. Cyco bought one of them, what have you got?
    Cyco only bought an Aston Martin V8, a mere sportscar . However, if he bought a Vanquish, that would be slightly different.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

this is so lame, how in the world can you compare the veyron to a venom. i mean the hennessy was using heated tires, swerving more than a ricer at a demolition derby

if the veyron and venom were to take one lap around laguna seca, and the venom were to win i would instantly throw away all my bibles and join the redneck clan that worships mr hennessy, till then at least give us a fair quarter mile race , road and track
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by h22a View Post
    What - you totally suck man balls
    The venom is a piece of american shit
    You would not have a clue which one would outperform the other. I think its preety obvious a venom is nowhere around a track compared to the VW. You spout so much crap what

Sorry moderators
    And you know this because you've driven both, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by kigango123 View Post
    this is so lame, how in the world can you compare the veyron to a venom. i mean the hennessy was using heated tires, swerving more than a ricer at a demolition derby

if the veyron and venom were to take one lap around laguna seca, and the venom were to win i would instantly throw away all my bibles and join the redneck clan that worships mr hennessy, till then at least give us a fair quarter mile race , road and track
    Mate, I knew this competition was crap the moment I read the Viper was running 1,000 pounds less (only gained 48 pounds through Hennessey) and was a gigantic reason the Viper managed to suddenly pull away.

But you'll never see these 2 cars go around a circuit together. Why?

'Cause Hennessey hasn't found a customer he can rip the parts from yet.
    Last edited by F1_Master; 08-21-2007 at 11:40 AM.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

This month's EVO has an article on an Omega which hs been tuned to the same power output as the Veyron. This transformation cost the Norwegian £90,000 the top speed of the car is 225mph, his friend has an old firebird which has an out put of 1400bhp he's taking it to america to compete in the silver state classic a 90 mile dash down a closed high way. He has predicted that with the right gearing it will reach 290mph.

From all of this you can see that people will constantly tune cars to go faster and faster, but will they go as fast round corners? Will they have the same crazy detail as the Veyron, where on indicating stalk cost £14,000?

Each has a special aspect to it. To gain this level of speed i don't see this as such of an acheivment, will that car run everyday without having to see a mechanic? NO, but it will go fast every once i a while. The veyron is the peak of a balanced car, a cheaper and very good option in my mind is the RUF.
    Last edited by matek; 08-21-2007 at 12:43 PM.
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

[QUOTE=F1_Master;740958]And you know this because you've driven both, correct?

common logic should prevail. In the you tube vid the guy could barely keep the Venom in a straight let alone trying to belt it around a few bends. Your kidding yourself if you think the venom would stand a chance.
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

Quote Originally Posted by matek View Post
    This month's EVO has an article on an Omega which hs been tuned to the same power output as the Veyron. This transformation cost the Norwegian £90,000 the top speed of the car is 225mph, his friend has an old firebird which has an out put of 1400bhp he's taking it to america to compete in the silver state classic a 90 mile dash down a closed high way. He has predicted that with the right gearing it will reach 290mph.

From all of this you can see that people will constantly tune cars to go faster and faster, but will they go as fast round corners? Will they have the same crazy detail as the Veyron, where on indicating stalk cost £14,000?

Each has a special aspect to it. To gain this level of speed i don't see this as such of an acheivment, will that car run everyday without having to see a mechanic? NO, but it will go fast every once i a while. The veyron is the peak of a balanced car, a cheaper and very good option in my mind is the RUF.
    Possibly but the most probably thing is that you'll never get to experience 400km/h in that car, so in the real that figure it¡s almost useless. Which kind of defeats the point of the car. On the other hand a Murcielago LP640 might not be as fast as the Veyron, but it has that everything else that makes a car really special.

It's like the problem we are facing now. In January we will buy a new car. Today we've been looking at Clios, Meganes, C4's and Astras. However a conversation I've had today (in fact just hours ago) with two friends has made realise that we simply can't buy one of those. They were very sad that we had to part with the Mini and said that I couldn't drive something average. And that's the point really. A Clio does its job perfectly yes, safe and takes you from A to B without too much fuss. However if I bought one everytime I saw someone in a Panda 100HP I'd say to myself why the hell did I have to buy the Renault. Yes it might be more frugal and less problematic, but I'd certainly miss the excitement, the sensations that such car provides to the driver, the simle that it puts on your face.

I doesn't matter if your budget is 15,000€ or 400,000€, wheter you are after a Fiat or a Ferrari. We as car enthusiast search for that extra something, those attributes that make a car stand out from the rest. We simply won't run with the pack. After all, that's why companies like Alfa Romeo or Aston Martin still exist today.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

common logic should prevail. In the you tube vid the guy could barely keep the Venom in a straight let alone trying to belt it around a few bends. Your kidding yourself if you think the venom would stand a chance.
    If the Venom was tuned for a more track-appropiate setting, who knows. This occasion though, Hennessey had made sure the car was set up as perfect as could be for a drag run.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    If the Venom was tuned for a more track-appropiate setting, who knows. This occasion though, Hennessey had made sure the car was set up as perfect as could be for a drag run.
    whatever makes you sleep at night. its quick in a straight line at thats about it

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Possibly but the most probably thing is that you'll never get to experience 400km/h in that car, so in the real that figure it¡s almost useless. Which kind of defeats the point of the car. On the other hand a Murcielago LP640 might not be as fast as the Veyron, but it has that everything else that makes a car really special.

It's like the problem we are facing now. In January we will buy a new car. Today we've been looking at Clios, Meganes, C4's and Astras. However a conversation I've had today (in fact just hours ago) with two friends has made realise that we simply can't buy one of those. They were very sad that we had to part with the Mini and said that I couldn't drive something average. And that's the point really. A Clio does its job perfectly yes, safe and takes you from A to B without too much fuss. However if I bought one everytime I saw someone in a Panda 100HP I'd say to myself why the hell did I have to buy the Renault. Yes it might be more frugal and less problematic, but I'd certainly miss the excitement, the sensations that such car provides to the driver, the simle that it puts on your face.

I doesn't matter if your budget is 15,000€ or 400,000€, wheter you are after a Fiat or a Ferrari. We as car enthusiast search for that extra something, those attributes that make a car stand out from the rest. We simply won't run with the pack. After all, that's why companies like Alfa Romeo or Aston Martin still exist today.
    Kudos! I shed in tears. . . .
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

whatever makes you sleep at night. its quick in a straight line at thats about it
    As I say again, you know how the car will perform because you've driven it, right?

As I ALSO said, it'd be re-tuned. That means anything on the car could be re-setup. It all depends on what will be done. The Veyron though, would more than likely win, but either way, the article would be a bunch of bullocks just like this high speed run. The outcome is obvious, but you never know.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

What - you totally suck man balls
    The venom is a piece of american shit
    You would not have a clue which one would outperform the other. I think its preety obvious a venom is nowhere around a track compared to the VW.
    First I'd like to know what does "VW" mean. Vewron?

Secondly, why is it pre'e'ty obvious that the Venom is 'nowhere' around the track compared to the "Vewron"? You watched a video of an all-out acceleration contest....off course the RWD 1000hp vehicle is going to look wild trying to put down as much of his full throttle as possible. You saw a traction fight, not a sloppy chassis.

Physics tells me that the significantly lighter, more power vehicle will prevail. I don't know if you know, but the Viper posted better braking distances, pulls more g's on a skidpad, and runs the slalom faster than the Veyron....and it's about 1000 lbs lighter. Advantage Viper.

The Veyron has more high speed stability than the Viper because it was purposely built for that...wait....which car did you liken more to a straight line contest? STFU
    Last edited by -What-; 08-22-2007 at 12:50 PM.

vw owns buggati chief - try and put 2 and 2 together
    1000hp rwd does not equate to good handling considering the viper already has trouble with 500hp
    Anything below 140mph the buggati is quicker and im sure you would not be exceeding this speed that often on a track. If you actually listen to the video where they test the veyron you will notice how the guy elaborates on the large amounts of traction. Im sure this traction would be found cornering WHAT where as the Viper can barely get its power down IN A STRAIGHT LINE. Where are these slalom/G's/braking distance figures. Traction fight - correct WHAT, I'd love to see the traction fight mid corner. Have a nice day needle dick

it seems no matter how long this argument goes on, you always repeat the same points and cycle all the way back around

agreed, im over it.

I can't fault the Viper for power, acceleration etc. But no matter how you look at it it's always a Dodge Viper. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a slave to badges but I would much rather a car with a quarter or half of the horsepower if the badge was German, British or Italian.

Thread Information