Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Jaguar XJ

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    objectively verifiable indicators vs. subjective taste....
    Objectively the Pontiac Aztec and the BMW X6 are fine vehicles. Looks wise, not so much. The Aztec is the butt of many jokes only for it's subjective shortcoming. The same is somewhat true of the X6.

Looks do mater.

Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    Objectively the Pontiac Aztec and the BMW X6 are fine vehicles. Looks wise, not so much. The Aztec is the butt of many jokes only for it's subjective shortcoming. The same is somewhat true of the X6.

Looks do mater.
    seriously (I mean, I'm not sarcastic), from which point of view the X6 is a nice vehicle?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Alot of people think it doesnt look half bad - I'm one of them.

And hell, badge bias comes into it too. I'm hardly a BMW fan, I've liked three of their cars in my lifetime.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

those three better have been the E30 M3, E24 635 and the 2002
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I think I like it... in the long run......

X6 was pretty nice when I checked one out in the autoshow, in a perverse kind of way. It sorta looks like one of those Dakar 4x4.....totally unnecessary, yes, but I don't find it "ugly"...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    X6 was pretty nice when I checked one out in the autoshow, in a perverse kind of way. It sorta looks like one of those Dakar 4x4.....totally unnecessary, yes, but I don't find it "ugly"...
    I'd prefer something which actually participates at a rally raid of some sort. A Fornasari, which may even be uglier than the X6, but at least it has a purpose.
    I found the X6 too big, like an over inflated bubble, and without a real rallying purpose or attitude, genuinely pointless.
    Considering I don't like it inside and outside, I can't really say it's "nice".
    It's not ugly maybe, because it's well assembled, designed, finished, but it's as tasteless and tacky as a tuned Cayenne.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    seriously (I mean, I'm not sarcastic), from which point of view the X6 is a nice vehicle?
    Well it does have a nice powertrain and for an SUV it probably handles nicely. Of course it has compromised space and makes me ask, why not an X5....

OK you win.

back on topic... i feel really bad for all of you. i love the back end. not very jag, but it is lovely, smooth, not particularly what i was expecting them to put on the XJ, but i think it works nicely, and works well with the rest of the car.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    back on topic... i feel really bad for all of you. i love the back end. not very jag, but it is lovely, smooth, not particularly what i was expecting them to put on the XJ, but i think it works nicely, and works well with the rest of the car.
    Don't know, it's so huge I keep on thinking to something American, like a Crown Victoria or something.

The back reminds me of the car in Robocop....what is it, 6000 S.U.X. or something...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

The front is a butcher version of the XF which i must say does look more muscular, in certain aspects may be a better look.

Underneath the front grill why did they let the overlap of the intakes stick out so much? (It’s all in the details)

The rear as someone has already mentioned Lancia thesis, as well as a touch of Bentley fat arse.

Did they just run out of ideas for the rear pillars and decided to make them black?? Oh we can distinguish our selves from the rest of the market with black rear pillars that will entice people from the German options....

From the profile the rear overhang could look good, sweeping backward but it just looks bulky which doesn’t remind you of speed in the slightest, instead a large arse. :/

The guys in the third year at Coventry could have pointed this out….

But over all I must say that do like the direction that jaguar is heading, away from the conservative era.
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

This is a decent looking car. Not very Jag but every British....love the front end, but the rear is a bit contrived.

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    I like it. I really like it. I think the rear end looks gorgeous (apparently, this puts me in the minority), and the side profile is amazing. The interior is beautiful; I love the strip of wood encircling the cabin. The blacked-out C-pillars are a bit odd, but I could get used to them. It looks like it has everything it takes to be a proper Jaguar.
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I don't have the press release or all the photos but this news is just a few hours old and I wanted to fire up a thread so we can get to discussing this new car.

It will feature Jaguar's new AJ-III engines, including the top of the line 5.0L supercharged unit which produced 510 horsepower @ 6,000-6,500 rpm and 461 lb.ft. @ 2,500 - 5,500 rpm. Also offered will be an engine with 385 hp @ 6,500 rpm and 380- lb.ft. @3,500, and a mid-level supercharged engine with 470 hp @ 6,000-6,5000 rpm and 424 lb.-ft. @ 2,500-5,000 rpm. In Europe, a 3.0L diesel will be available. The 510 hp version is supposed to hit 100 km/h in 4.7 seconds.

I see a lot of C-XF and XF in it; I don't think that's a bad thing.
    I can see the resemblance with Saab Aero-X Concept. Only the first picture not the second.

http://best-tops-direct.com |http://4wheelonline.com/Fender_Flares.3212 | http://4wheelonline.com/Bushwacker_Fender_Flares.3170]Bushwacker

Thread Information