Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chrysler Sebring

Purposeful Technology that Makes Life Easier and Safer

In addition to Sebring’s upscale design and elegant use of materials, this all-new sedan brings new levels of function and technology to the U.S. mid-size car segment.

“Chrysler Sebring features a slew of new technologies not typically found or expected in a mid-size car,” said David Rooney, Director – Chrysler Marketing and Global Communications. “These features make life easier and safer for the driver and passengers, while making the overall driving experience much more enjoyable for all.”

The 2007 Chrysler Sebring features a cutting-edge Harmon/Kardon information, entertainment and safety navigation audio system that raises the bar on in-vehicle communications. This best-in-class next-generation navigation radio features a 6.5-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) Display with a touch-screen panel that can support 65,000 colors, providing a three-dimensional appearance to graphics and animation, as well as multiple font sizes and styles. The system follows voice-activated commands and includes many new features for music, sound, movies and personalized picture displays, including:

• A 20 gigabyte hard disc drive that includes Music Juke Box for organizing music and pictures to the hard drive
    • Universal Serial Bus (USB) provides both MP3 connectivity and downloading of WMA, MP3 and JPEG files onto the hard drive
    • GraceNotes database installed on the hard disk drive, which provides song identification, including title, composer, artist and title
    • Playlist creation capability to provide easy access to files
    • Voice memo recording, which allows a message up to three-minutes long to be recorded using the microphone integrated into the rearview mirror
    • Radio screen, which can display movies when Sebring is stopped
    • SIRIUS® Satellite Radio, which provides customers with 100 channels of the best music, entertainment and information coast-to-coast, commercial free, 24 hours a day
    • UConnect™ Hands-free Communication uses Bluetooth® technology to provide voice-activated wireless communication between the occupants’ compatible cell phone and the vehicle’s onboard receiver. The hands-free option promotes safety, freedom, value and flexibility.

In addition to this cutting-edge navigation radio, the 2007 Chrysler Sebring also offers a unique combination of features not available on other mid-size competitors, including:

• YES Essentials® stain-resistant, odor resistant, anti-static seat fabric
    • Available DVD rear-seat entertainment system that includes AM/FM stereo radio with MP3 capable CD/DVD Player, six-disc CD/DVD Changer and SIRIUS Satellite Digital Audio Radio (late availability)
    • Heated/cooled front cupholder for keeping cool beverages cool and hot beverages hot. Cupholder can heat beverage to 140 degrees F or cool to nearly freezing at 35 degrees F
    • Light-Emitting Diode (LED) interior lighting with high-focus white lights in both the front and rear seats (late availability)
    • Auxiliary audio input jack for MP3 connectivity on all audio systems
    • MP3 play capability
    • Available remote start
    • Express down front windows on the key fobs
    • 60/40 fold-flat rear seats
    • Available heated cloth front seats
    • Available heated leather seats
    • Available fold-flat front passenger seat
    • Cabin air-filtration system
    • Sliding center console armrest bin with dual bin front seat storage
    • Available trunk organizer
    • HomeLink® universal garage door opener

Class-leading Safety Features

Chrysler Sebring offers class-leading safety, with a combination of standard safety items not typically found in the mid-size-car segment, including:
    Advanced multi-stage front air bags provide nearly instantaneous occupant protection by matching air bag output to crash severity

Standard side-curtain air bags deploy from the headliner to provide two rows of side-impact protection to outboard occupants

Front-seat-mounted side air bags deploy for enhanced thorax protection during a side impact

Side guard door beams in front and rear doorsprovide occupant protection during a side impact

Structural safety cage protects occupants by managing and controlling energy in the event of an impact

Available Electronic Stability Program (ESP) and Traction Control assists the driver in maintaining vehicle directional stability by applying selective braking and throttle control to control oversteer, understeer and to maintain traction during acceleration on slippery surfaces

Brake Assist (included with ESP) ensures 100 percent brake efficiency during panic brake situations

Belt Alert provides an audible and visual warning to alert drivers when their seat belt is unfastened

Child Seat Anchor System (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren [LATCH]) eases installation of compatible aftermarket child seats

Daytime Running Lamps increase visual contrast between the Sebring and its surrounding environment

Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM) alerts the driver to low pressure tire(s) by a warning light in the instrument cluster. A premium system displays individual tire pressure, available with the Electronic Vehicle Information System

Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) senses and prevents wheel lockup, offering improved steering control under extreme braking and/or slippery conditions

Available auto-dimming rearview mirror

Remote Keyless Entry locks and unlocks doors, and turns on interior lamps. If the vehicle is equipped with a vehicle-theft security alarm, the remote also arms and disarms that system

Sentry Key® Engine Immobilizer utilizes an engine key that has an embedded transponder with a preprogrammed security key code to shut the engine off after a few seconds if the correct key is not inserted.

UConnect Hands-free Communication System uses Bluetoothtechnology to provide voice-activated wireless communication between the occupants’ compatible cell phone and the vehicle’s onboard receiver. The hands-free option promotes safety, freedom, value and flexibility.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

I prefer the other Sebring...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Exhilarating Performance with Excellent Fuel Efficiency

Three engine options power the 2007 Chrysler Sebring sold in the United States: the new 2.4-liter four-cylinder World Engine, a 2.7-liter V-6 engine and an available 3.5-liter V-6 engine coupled with a new six-speed automatic transaxle with Auto Stick that provides 0-60 mph performance to rival the best in the mid-size-car class.

Sebring’s standard 2.4-liter World Engine with dual variable valve timing (VVT) rivals all four-cylinder engines in the mid-size-car segment with its combination of fuel economy and solid performance. Mated to a four-speed automatic transaxle, this new engine provides a 13 percent increase in horsepower (172 horsepower vs. 150 horsepower) and 4 percent improvement in fuel economy compared with the 2.4-liter engine it replaces.

An available, enhanced 2.7-liter V-6 engine provides value- and performance-conscious consumers the power of a V-6 engine with a price that compares with the competitions’ four-cylinder engines. Chrysler Sebring's available 2.7-liter V-6 engine produces 190 horsepower and 190 lb.-ft. of torque, providing more low-end torque (at an rpm 850 lower) compared with the 2.7-liter engine it replaces.

Chrysler Sebring sedans sold in the United States are also available with 3.5-liter V-6 engines that produce 235 horsepower and 232 lb.-ft. of torque coupled with a new six-speed automatic transaxle that comes standard with Auto Stick. The combination of the upgraded 3.5L V6 engine and six-speed automatic transaxle delivers excellent performance and fuel efficiency, as well as quiet operation.

The 2007 Chrysler Sebring is one of the first Chrysler Group vehicles to offer the new six-speed automatic transaxle, which provides quicker standing-start acceleration than a four- or five-speed transaxle because of its numerically higher first gear ratio. A more robust differential with increased torque capacity enhances launch performance by requiring less torque management, electronically limiting the torque that is available during the initial stages of standing-start acceleration. Smaller steps between ratios also make for a smoother, quieter ride, as the engine speed doesn’t change as often with each shift. In addition, more ratio choices, more appropriate ratios for quicker acceleration and a lower overall top gear ratio provide a quieter ride and improved fuel economy at highway speeds.

“The all-new 2007 Chrysler Sebring's performance is extremely competitive with the best in its class,” said Larry Lyons, Vice President – Front-wheel-drive Product Team. “Based on 0-60 mph acceleration tests, the Sebring Limited's performance, with its new 3.5-liter V-6 engine and six-speed automatic transaxle, rivals the leaders in the mid-size class.”

For the first time in the mid-size car segment, the Chrysler Group also will offer a state-of-the-art 2.0-liter turbo diesel engine on the Chrysler Sebring for key diesel markets outside North America. The diesel engine will deliver excellent performance and fuel economy, with an estimated 140 horsepower DIN (103 kW) and 236 lb.-ft. (320 N•m) of torque.

Elevating Expectations

In the United States, Chrysler Sebring is designed to appeal to 35-55 year-old buyers who are married and have a median income of approximately $65,000. Fifty-five percent are female, and 60 percent are college educated. Many have small families with one or two children. These mid-size car buyers are down-to-earth and conservative, yet open-minded, self-confident and have a passion for life. Middle and upper-middle class, their lives are active, and they have a true sense of style. Their self image is grounded in their accomplishments and future prospects. Chryslers Sebring’s elegant and sophisticated design, packaged with interior craftsmanship and essential levels of reliability, meets the needs of customers who want more than just practicality in this competitive segment.

Chrysler Sebring Model Lineup

The 2007 Chrysler Sebring is available in the United States in three models: Chrysler Sebring, Chrysler Sebring Touring and Chrysler Sebring Limited.

2007 Chrysler Sebring Production

Production of the 2007 Chrysler Sebring begins in the third quarter of 2006 at the newly refurbished Sterling Heights Assembly Plant in Sterling Heights, Mich. The new 2.4-liter four-cylinder World Engine for this vehicle is built in the state-of-the art Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance (GEMA) plant in Dundee, Mich. The 2.7-liter V-6 engine and the 3.5-liter V-6 engines are built at the Kenosha Engine Plant in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Funny... the new Sebring reminds of the Crossfire. I wonder why...

they all have similar features. even the minivans.

I dont like how the new ones roof sweeps back and there is almost no trunk lid. It looks like a turtle.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

At least is a different proposition to the other american mid-size cars...

This Sebring is also coming to Europe.
    But I don’t think this is going to be a success.
    The 300C is selling O.K. the Crossfire isn't doing so good. And I can not imagine any one buying a Sebring while its possible to buy a Volkswagen or Audi for that kind of money.

And the interior !!!!! again it looks like horrible plastic.

Yeah, that thing is definitely not strikingly beautiful in its design. It's awkwardly proportioned, overstyled, and the interior looks tacky.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

i bet it's reliability is as bad as it's looks. god i hate chrysler.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

It reminds me heavily of the Airflyte concept from a few years back - I didn't think that was well recieved enough to base a major design off it.

And I searched all through the DCX website yesterday for pics but couldn't find any...confused?!
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I'd take the '04 model over the '07 anyday.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    It reminds me heavily of the Airflyte concept from a few years back - I didn't think that was well recieved enough to base a major design off it.

And I searched all through the DCX website yesterday for pics but couldn't find any...confused?!
    Pics of the Airflite or the new Sebring?

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    they all have similar features. even the minivans.

I dont like how the new ones roof sweeps back and there is almost no trunk lid. It looks like a turtle.
    Over the past ten years, the size of the trunk lid has continuously gotten smaller. No one criticizes the Mazda 3 for having similar proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Pics of the Airflite or the new Sebring?
    The Sebring...Maybe I was just too early because I saw it on Newspress.....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    The Sebring...Maybe I was just too early because I saw it on Newspress.....
    Yeah, I don't think companies put cars cars that are that far from being available on their public sites. It would kill purchases of the current model.

Thread Information