Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fernado Alanso's New Ride...

Wow this is one heated topic of discussion. Waste of time? I think so.

Interesting that's for sure...

quotes from your posts here...dudes, I am NOT lookin for a fight, and i too find the comments posted to be VERY interesting...& NOT a waste of time at all if it leads to a better understanding.., it still amazes me tho that a simple picture can evoke such emotional responses...but THAT is EXACTLY what ART does !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    Just my opinion....BUT when you attack my business as a FRAUD....then you piss me off !!!
    I agree, calling it a "fraud" is uncalled for.

However, actually finding what your business is isn't that easy - I tried entering "MRDETROITMETAL" into google and didn't actually get any links to your website.

If I enter "stingrays studio/s" I only get 4 or 5 links referring to you or your work.

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    Oh & ONE more comment that indicates how little you actually comprehend regarding ART;
    EVERY major artist in the history of ART, has encountered rebukes like yours, ....& then gone on to prove them wrong. Take a art history class & LEARN someting for your own benefit , OK ?
    That is just silly.

Art is subjective, and whilst having a background knowledge of art may help someone understand a piece of work better, it will not determine whether they like it or not.

I don't particularly care whether your work is brilliant or not, or a particular style or not - It does not matter to me if you sell one picture or a thousand, after all - I'm not the one making money out of it.

I'm just making observations.

Good luck to you - you probably know more about it than we do, and you're going to be the only one here who truly knows how successful you are, and what your customers want.
    Thanks for all the fish

Try using someone that actually drives for Chevrolet, and don't use one of Wouter's Le Mans pictures for your half ass "art"

Well, I say he (MRDETROITMETAL) can do whatever his imagination serves up. He's not designing his works for us, he's just sharing it with us. Wetting yourselfs because he pasted a pic of Alonso is pointless...

If he was an employee of yours then yeah, you could moan about the pasted Alonso pic, but like I said, his work. Let him do what he wants with it.

Now I'm not saying you shouldn't comment or state your mind, but damn-near demanding him to change his work just because you can't make logical sense of it is silly. If it really bothers you so much, why don't you take a pic of the Chev concept, chop it yourself and add/ don't add whichever driver you want in there?

Oh, and MRDETROITMETAL: Looks good. Personally I wouldn't have added a driver, but that's because I only like carpics because of cars. Thanks for sharing and keep it up.
    Last edited by Kooper; 11-26-2006 at 12:18 AM.

Well done, you've made an ugly car even uglier. There is a serious lack of correct reflections and everything reeks of poor selection and lack of attention to detail.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    Well done, you've made an ugly car even uglier. There is a serious lack of correct reflections and everything reeks of poor selection and lack of attention to detail.

Speaking from experience then? At least his wheels are in proportion.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper
    Speaking from experience then? At least his wheels are in proportion.

wheels were the last portion of the car i managed to do, under time constraints, im not too worried with the outcome.

..at least i have the balls to say my chops look at least twice as good

oh, and he didnt change the wheels as well

- The line for the PS3

MRDETROITMETAL has done nothing wrong, give him a break. Can't people discuss their feelings towards the image rather than tear other members apart?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

wheels were the last portion of the car i managed to do, under time constraints, im not too worried with the outcome.

..at least i have the balls to say my chops look at least twice as good

oh, and he didnt change the wheels as well

Does it matter? Instead of shooting down someone who tries, ever thought about helping him?
    Maybe if you change your attitude it wouldn't be necessary to create threads like these:

Chop thread falling & We need you

So what do you really want:

More participants
    OR
    People who try, get shot down by the likes of you and just not bother again

If you act like an ass people will leave. Simple really.

Eh Kooper took it upon himself to dig up a past chop and then criticisize me - for, well criticisizing MRDETROITMETAL's chop.

Im harsh yes, but at least I point out what could do with improving, rather than saying "crap" "utter wank" or anything like that.

- The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper
    Does it matter? Instead of shooting down someone who tries, ever thought about helping him?
    Maybe if you change your attitude it wouldn't be necessary to create threads like these:

Chop thread falling & We need you

So what do you really want:

More participants
    OR
    People who try, get shot down by the likes of you and just not bother again

If you act like an ass people will leave. Simple really.
    Fact of like, if you don't like my criticism, then just ignore my posts. I see myself as a semi-experienced choppers who has done quite a few of them over the years that I actually found alot of time to do them. Fact of the matter is, even at digimods I recieved harsher criticism, yet I didn't mind that. Any advice is better than no advice. Receiving none will not improve your work. Getting to know what you have done wrong, or what you can do better will push you to imrpove yourself.

I AM helping him. Read my posts that I have posted in his threads. It is advice that can be taken on board to help him with his chops in the future. Get your head out the 'box - you cant seriously expect to have everyone hand you everything on a silver platter can you?

I regard Illusionist as the best regular chopper on these boards, yet read my posts and I am sometimes harsher to him, something that is perhaps not needed, but its the way I put across my advice and criticism. I am not overly and blatantly rude, I actually tell of the things that i dislike and what I like, what could be improved and so on and so forth.

Please, dont try and make me the "bad guy". Chopping and art work in general can be hard work - with tough criticism and sometimes a hard path to glory.

p.s. It doesn't annoy me, but I am wary of non choppers whom attack criticism as being too "harsh" and saying we "force" them to change thier chops. It is up to them to do what they will, but these forums are for discussions, do you think we post chops up for everyone to go "ooo00o ahhh". Ah no. We want advice on top of all that, to see what is wrong, what is right and what is utter wank.
    Last edited by Blitz_; 11-26-2006 at 06:29 AM.

- The line for the PS3

Fact of like, if you don't like my criticism, then just ignore my posts. I see myself as a semi-experienced choppers who has done quite a few of them over the years that I actually found alot of time to do them. Fact of the matter is, even at digimods I recieved harsher criticism, yet I didn't mind that. Any advice is better than no advice. Receiving none will not improve your work. Getting to know what you have done wrong, or what you can do better will push you to imrpove yourself.

I AM helping him. Read my posts that I have posted in his threads. It is advice that can be taken on board to help him with his chops in the future. Get your head out the 'box - you cant seriously expect to have everyone hand you everything on a silver platter can you?

I regard Illusionist as the best regular chopper on these boards, yet read my posts and I am sometimes harsher to him, something that is perhaps not needed, but its the way I put across my advice and criticism. I am not overly and blatantly rude, I actually tell of the things that i dislike and what I like, what could be improved and so on and so forth.

Please, dont try and make me the "bad guy". Chopping and art work in general can be hard work - with tough criticism and sometimes a hard path to glory.

p.s. It doesn't annoy me, but I am wary of non choppers whom attack criticism as being too "harsh" and saying we "force" them to change thier chops. It is up to them to do what they will, but these forums are for discussions, do you think we post chops up for everyone to go "ooo00o ahhh". Ah no. We want advice on top of all that, to see what is wrong, what is right and what is utter wank.

I fail to see how "Well done, you've made an ugly car even uglier. There is a serious lack of correct reflections and everything reeks of poor selection and lack of attention to detail." tells him of exactly where he went wrong now does it? What I got from that was incorrect reflection, but that's just about it. ADDED AFTER EDIT: I have to add as well, if I received criticism like that from such a self-admitted senior member as yourself, I'd just say stuff it and not bother again.

Personally I can't see anything wrong with criticizing criticism of a chop. Especially when I think it's utter wank criticism.

I have posted the occasional chop too, to be honest though I've lost my appetite for posting anything...

"..at least i have the balls to say my chops look at least twice as good", now that's some serious bad guy material right there I'd say. That's not help, that's like a kid going "nah nah nannah nah, my chops are better than your chops".

But hey, that's just my opinion. Like you said, you don't like my posts, just ignore them.
    Last edited by Kooper; 11-26-2006 at 07:01 AM.

Wow, a lot of you are wastes of server space. There might be 5 members on this site who could create a cleaner, more imaginative rendering than that. Big deal. Some of you are incredibly immature. Grow up and stop being snide little shits - or leave.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Ill end my contribution to this thread now. What you can draw out of my inital comment on his chop;

1. lack of reflections, if you think about it further you can easily see the environment and studio car contrast each other

2. poor selection. easily understandable

3. attention to detail. This also means rushing, and generally being a tad to lazy to pick up on things you know you should do, but can't be bothered doing. This is also self explanatory.

4. The majority of choppers would like to make a car seem more aggressive / beautiful. It would be hard to find one that would intentionally go to make a car even uglier.

Recieving a harsh criticism and then giving up shows a lack of intestinal fortitude and highlights a lack of motivation for chopping in the first place..dont give up if you recieve a bit of bad news

my 0.02c

keep chopping MRDETROITMETAL, its good to know there are peeps regularly chopping and posting here

- The line for the PS3

Ill end my contribution to this thread now. What you can draw out of my inital comment on his chop;

1. lack of reflections, if you think about it further you can easily see the environment and studio car contrast each other
    Extremely minor

2. poor selection. easily understandable
    Subjective

3. attention to detail. This also means rushing, and generally being a tad to lazy to pick up on things you know you should do, but can't be bothered doing. This is also self explanatory.
    All people can't be perfect all the time. The chop of yours posted above is far, far from perfect.

4. The majority of choppers would like to make a car seem more aggressive / beautiful. It would be hard to find one that would intentionally go to make a car even uglier.
    Subjective

Recieving a harsh criticism and then giving up shows a lack of intestinal fortitude and highlights a lack of motivation for chopping in the first place..dont give up if you recieve a bit of bad news
    Since when has harsh criticism become the only way to criticize? Why does it have to be harsh? Constructive criticism is much more helpful and doesn't make you look like an ass.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Thread Information