Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fernado Alanso's New Ride...

Very INTERESTING comments !!!...whew!

Blitz is correct, I dont mind critique from those who understand what I am doing, (especially those who cannot do it [yet] but do understand what has been done) however if you like it or not dose not really matter, because most of the comments are highly subjective as pointed out, BUT that IS the nature of this media. I have also been pretty harsh on Blitz and Illu's chop's too, NOT Because I think they are bad or I just dont like them...but because I KNOW, as they do about me, that we CAN do BETTER...or I just dont say anything, which is probably an injustice to them.

However saying it is UGLY, means nothing to me, as it is just different and 6 months from now or six days from now you may really like it, pointing out the reflection thing IS something I have to go back and look at, not that i am going to change it, but the next one I may be able to incorporate something I see in this one BECAUSE of his comment, that I otherwise would NEVER have seen.

Hence the REAL REASON for posting in the first place, not to show off how talented we all are ....but to LEARN from other's perception what we did, so as to understand what we may be able to do NOW. We ALL have different approches and esthetic orientations, so what looks good to me may have to grow on you before you see what I did, and vica versa. One is NOT better than the other, just unique in it's own right, and as Art of any kind has to be able to stand on it's own for whatever it is worth to any present & future viewer.

Thanks for all the comments, this has been a very revelaing & educational thread, certianly well worth the time invested by EVERYONE, I think we all can learn someting here, So here's a thought to consider :
    "ART creates contraversy by it's very nature, and originality in Art evokes that conflict More often than not, otherwise it is just imitation of the status quo."

Peace.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 11-26-2006 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    Try using someone that actually drives for Chevrolet, and don't use one of Wouter's Le Mans pictures for your half ass "art"

OH, WM & I have an understanding on that, and are developing a working relationship regarding the use of his photograhs by my studio, so that is that. These are just test pictures for now, your reactions help to guage thier value to us both.

IMHO, if you chop you have no imagination. Why don't you try to create something new rather then screw up someone elses idea? Detroit, i've seen your designs on SandD.net, you fail to come up with an original idea, and when you do you make it too busy with crayons and pencil shading, which makes it damn near impossible to see detail or anything definite in shape. You call it art, but the problem is, a lot of art is total crap, and that is not just you, but a lot of other artists in general. Second of all, blitz, your chops are horrible too, sit down and shut up.

Lastly Detroit your posts fail at proper spelling and some basic grammar, I know no one is perfect, even I make mistakes but jesus, when you can't spell "Necessary" correctly who the hell is going to come to your business?

Wow, all of this over a simple chop. I can't remember the last time that such a big deal was made over someone's art. Art is supposed to be the expression of the artist, but there is a difference between saying that its wrong or that they simply don't like it. Take it easy guys.

Quote Originally Posted by speednine
    IMHO, if you chop you have no imagination. Why don't you try to create something new rather then screw up someone elses idea? Detroit, i've seen your designs on SandD.net, you fail to come up with an original idea, and when you do you make it too busy with crayons and pencil shading, which makes it damn near impossible to see detail or anything definite in shape. You call it art, but the problem is, a lot of art is total crap, and that is not just you, but a lot of other artists in general. Second of all, blitz, your chops are horrible too, sit down and shut up.

Lastly Detroit your posts fail at proper spelling and some basic grammar, I know no one is perfect, even I make mistakes but jesus, when you can't spell "Necessary" correctly who the hell is going to come to your business?
    Here is a classic example of criticism that is harsh, yet doesnt have anything else in its detail to provide the person with who did the chop with something to work on. Instead of calling chops "crap" say why or avenues to improve upon them.

Oh, I like standing, I do all day at both my jobs and do all the time whilst playing both soccer and Aussie rules, my chops aren't woeful, but i'd love to hear your explanations on how they are "horrible". Digimods is THE largest chopping community on the net, head over there for some "horrible" chops in the novice thread.

If i was looking to contract a brilliant, unknown artist / designer for a small business, I wouldn't give a naff if the bloke or gal couldn't spell a word or two - on a forum, if the work appeals to me, then all is good

Chopping is just another form of art, we are all individuals who love our cars, love things to do with the automotive industry and this is simply another branch of this passion we have. The way I have always seen it, chopping is a terrific hobby. It explores ones own creative idea's whilst striving to make yourself better in the plethora of factors that make each and every chop briliant in it's own respect. Imagination is defined differently by certain people, but saying that you have none by chopping is certainly a very broad comment. Hell, we have our own chop thread in UCP it was that popular at its peak.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

like OMMGZZ fernando "alanso" didnt lyke da chevy so he traded it fer like a MUSTANG. omgzz omgz !!!!!!!!!!!oneone!!!!!one111!!!!!!!!and 2 all of the peeps that say they dont like it, i dont car because its ART!!! OMG. LOL. LMAO!

but really, this took me 7 minutes. i think i achieved the "art" look though. and mrdetroit, its not flattering.

lolz your arguing about chops. It's personal artwork for crying out loud!

its not an argument, its art. but im so glad that i evoked that emotion from you. like omgz.

OMFG, ....I know someone who M22 needs to get in touch with (see his "chop" attached) ...perhaps the 2 of you could start a NEW MOVEMENT in Chop Art ????....

I mean look you seem to have the SAME choice of colors & lack of sheer ability ...so maybe ya can call it "Folk Chops".

...Ya THINK ? (thats prob over your head too !!!)

LOL, ..dude YOU cant even be ORIGINAL when casting an INSULT !!!....pathetic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 11-26-2006 at 11:18 PM.

Mrdetroitmetal is like a storm cloud. Every post/thread he makes leads to arguments/bashing.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Alonso's REAL new ride.

http://www.dailyf1news.com/dailyf1ne...php?nwsID=2004

Soz, bride
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Mrdetroitmetal is like a storm cloud. Every post/thread he makes leads to arguments/bashing.
    Oh Plaese, ...it is the PICTURES that do it....I just speak my mind, but remember what I did say here..:

"ART creates contraversy by it's very nature, and originality in Art evokes that conflict More often than not, otherwise it is just imitation of the status quo."

Doug ...THAT is funny, ...great post !!!

no no no, its not the PICTURES that do it. you are really missing the point here so quit flattering yourself. the thing that makes me the most angry is going to the chop section every day, hoping to see some fresh work and comments, and then being let down when mrdetroitmetal has flooded the section with yet another one of his pieces of "art." if you put all of your work into one thread to begin with, it would be easy to ignore, but when you post your "art" every 5 minutes, it gets annoying. and by the way, i dont think you got the joke about my latest piece of "art." look back over it again, maybe you will see some eerily familiar characteristics about that piece of work. and the picture you posted looks just like everthing else you've drawn, but hey, at least you didnt make a new thread for it like you've done with the rest of your "art." congratulations, that's improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    Oh Plaese, ...it is the PICTURES that do it....I just speak my mind, but remember what I did say here..:

OMG, enough with the art controversy stuff, seriously.

I used to chop a while back, and in my chop threads, along w/ every other members' chop threads, there was little to no controversy involved. Please stop being an art snob and lecturing me on how art is all controversial and what not, I've seen reiterrations of that point like 20+ times from you.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    OMG, enough with the art controversy stuff, seriously.

I used to chop a while back, and in my chop threads, along w/ every other members' chop threads, there was little to no controversy involved. Please stop being an art snob and lecturing me on how art is all controversial and what not, I've seen reiterrations of that point like 20+ times from you.
    can i shake your hand?

Thread Information