Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Camery

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    Ah...yes all of that may be numerically correct
    Yes it is! You told me to do the math .. remember?
    BUT you are not taking into account the dynamics that made and sustain GM and works against Toyota. How many car companies does Toyo OWN world wide, ONE, because no matter the name put on them they are ALL THE SAME CAR.
    [GM] money could be saved through commonization of platforms, body architectures and components, the report said. Toyota has apparently saved $1,000 per vehicle over the last five years by commonizing commodity components, the research firm said
    Maybe that's one more reason why Toyota is expected to earn USD$1.3 Billion in the first 3 months of '07, which is 3x GM's worldwide profit
    ....and NOW GM is at it again, taking the lions share of WORLDWIDE cars sales in EVERY COUNTRY in the entire WORLD.
    oh really?

I guess "EVERY COUNTRY" would exclude ANY country in Asia, in Europe, or the UK, nor indeed Australia which I just bothered to explain to you - obviously to no avail. Excluding the Americas - of which I am unfamilar - is there currently ANY country on Earth where GM wins in total sales?

GM makes more money per car sold than 3 toyotas, so now you do the math babe.

GM can NOW make more by selling less.

... & that is a real "American Revolution" !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 19/1/2006
    Toyota makes a profit of about $2,000 per vehicle, while GM suffers a loss of about $1,200 per vehicle, a difference of $3,200 per unit
    I love these debates !...lol.
    I would too if yours were based on facts not fantasy !....lol

owned?
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by STREETFIRE
    MDM, thanks for improving the Camry's poor styling... As for this guy...Get in your Camry or your Avalon and drive to your local International airport, board a plane and blow yourself up. Who said that we had to drive cars with poor interiors? Low gas mileage? I personally would much rather be caught driving an Impala than a Camry or Avalon.
    Thanks for yor input I guess.I used to LOVE American cars with a passion...my favorite cars of all time are ALL general Motors cars...1970 Chevelle LS6,!987 Buick GNX,1988 Corvette ZR1,1964 Impala,1966 Impala,1957 Bel-Air,1974 Corvette stingray....etc.What Im trying to say is that why people want to own a Toyota is they are far superior in build quality...resale and looks than their American competitors.And General Motors better be out selling Toyota because they are basically giving them away..but if the Domestic brands are doing SOOO good why are they all laying off some much and closing plants?Thats really great for the U.S. economy isnt it.You go to a Chevy dealership and look at the sticker...lol...you will never have to pay that...hell they will knock off 8000 dollars just to move it.And as far as all the people from G.M. and Ford going to Foreign car brand plants...so what?The REAL management of those companies JAPANESE will NOT let them drive their companies in the ground like they did their own.And If you love American cars of today I applaude you.You are obviously so full of American gusto and bravado that you believe we are in Iraq because of freedom.We need more people like you so big american companies can flourish and the middle class struggles...Go America!!!
    LOL..sarcasm...but if I did board a plan and blow myself up...it would be American Airlines...Ironic huh?

Sorry about this post...this is a photoshop forum and thus should be treated like one...feel free to remove this .
    Last edited by BIGWORM_25; 01-17-2007 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGWORM_25
    Thanks for yor input I guess.I used to LOVE American cars with a passion...my favorite cars of all time are ALL general Motors cars...1970 Chevelle LS6,!987 Buick GNX,1988 Corvette ZR1,1964 Impala,1966 Impala,1957 Bel-Air,1974 Corvette stingray....etc.What Im trying to say is that why people want to own a Toyota is they are far superior in build quality...resale and looks than their American competitors.And General Motors better be out selling Toyota because they are basically giving them away..but if the Domestic brands are doing SOOO good why are they all laying off some much and closing plants?Thats really great for the U.S. economy isnt it.You go to a Chevy dealership and look at the sticker...lol...you will never have to pay that...hell they will knock off 8000 dollars just to move it.And as far as all the people from G.M. and Ford going to Foreign car brand plants...so what?The REAL management of those companies JAPANESE will NOT let them drive their companies in the ground like they did their own.And If you love American cars of today I applaude you.You are obviously so full of American gusto and bravado that you believe we are in Iraq because of freedom.We need more people like you so big american companies can flourish and the middle class struggles...Go America!!!
    LOL..sarcasm...but if I did board a plan and blow myself up...it would be American Airlines...Ironic huh?
    No way. American cars look way better than any Camry, Avalon or Aurion. Full stop.
    And I don't love all American cars. My favourites are Corvettes, Impalas, Chargers, Vipers, Mustangs and 'Cudas.
    Lead Driver For The UCP.com Draggin' & Driftin' Racing Team.

If only there was one.

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    owned?
    Very much so.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

See its like this; Market Dynamics are in GM's favor because even tho GM has a past obligation to the UAW that the japanese & others dont have because they paid slave wages for years,...now with them making cars in the USA those cost will be climbing and attached to new cars they sell, notice the price increases in new Toyos made here ?

THAT and the fact TOYO continue to produce the same old crap designs on the same basic chassis is gonna catch up to them soon, whereas tho GM has its past obligations to honor they have cut off all the BS and poured money into new designs and engineering (witness the VOLT)...a true alternative power source car, not a "fake Hybrid" like the pirius or others.

Leading the way is what GM excells at, Toyo knows this too, as they (when GM sold Toyos rebaged here) they learned alot about selling cars in the USA from that experience, to GM shagrin ultimately too. That will never happen again. GM has the resources to sustain profitable operations worldwide with only 20% of marketshare. They are well above that right now. What you are seeing as "losses" are actually product investment that is written off against earnings, but is creating more desirable products and profitable operations. (witness the Hummer explosion on the market, the fastest selling brand EVER in automotive History !!!...and a very profitable product line for GM).

The auto markets are becoming more and more fragmented and GM has a foot in every one of them, they dont need to lead all the sales or even any to be very succsessful, Toyo on the other hand is just steppin into the S**T, that GM just walked out of...and they (toyo) are taking alll the same jerks who caused the problems at GM with them now.

Mark my words.

The change is happening NOW !
    More tradeins at GM dealers are IMPORT CARS than ever before, ....that is bad news for Toyo. They need to get used to it. The ONLY real market problems for GM were in the USA, and thats already turning around fast, even with selling less cars !....thats a neat trick.

That spells real trouble for Toyo.
    Obviously ...uh, you dont OWN NOTHING !!!...lol, least of all me.

OH and Bigworm...check out the real ratings of GM cars for quality, 100,000 mile warranties on ALL GM cars now !...and Buick Caddilac and Chevy are ALL in the top of quality ratings !!!
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-17-2007 at 06:12 PM.

Well there are only car guys left at GM, and ALL they do is create cars and trucks that people BUY !!!
    this is quite literally the funniest thing i have heard all day. All i ever hear about is complaints about GM being run by bean counters. Sure this my change, but GM is still in deep shit
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    this is quite literally the funniest thing i have heard all day. All i ever hear about is complaints about GM being run by bean counters. Sure this my change, but GM is still in deep shit
    That WAS true, ...those "bean counters " are working for TOYO USA right now !!!....Toyo is steppin into it BIG TIME & dose not understand what they have done, because they are not able to see the BIG ASS tree falling on them in the middle of the forest, they are too busy counting thier "beans".

Now THATS Funny !!!

was it GM that made a FWD V8?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

That WAS true, ...those "bean counters " are working for TOYO USA right now !!!....Toyo is steppin into it BIG TIME & dose not understand what they have done, because they are not able to see the BIG ASS tree falling on them in the middle of the forest, they are too busy counting thier "beans".

Now THATS Funny !!!
    That's precisely why Toyota far outsells GM in the worldwide market.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

I would advice MDM to stick to chopping but I don't think he's doing that good a job at it either.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by STREETFIRE
    No way. American cars look way better than any Camry, Avalon or Aurion. Full stop.
    And I don't love all American cars. My favourites are Corvettes, Impalas, Chargers, Vipers, Mustangs and 'Cudas.

You are comparing HiPO sports cars (corvettes, Mustangs Cudas) to Camry's Avalons and Aurions? Rofl..funny boy, learn to grow up and compare cars that are on a level playing field.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Company Type Public (NYSE: GM)
    Fiscal Year-End December
    2005 Sales (mil.) $192,604.0
    1-Year Sales Growth (0.5%)
    2005 Net Income (mil.) ($10,567.0)
    2005 Employees 335,000
    1-Year Employee Growth 3.4%

DETROIT – General Motors sold 9.09 million cars and trucks around the world in 2006, according to preliminary sales figures released today. It marked the third time (2006, 2005 and 1978) the world’s largest automaker has sold more than 9 million vehicles in a calendar year.

2006 global sales were down less than 1 percent from the 9.17 million vehicles sold in 2005, reflecting a number of factors, including planned cuts of 75,000 vehicles in daily rental fleet sales in the United States and offsetting growth in other global markets.

“GM had some notable sales successes as we continued to expand in key growth markets around the world in 2006,” John Middlebrook, GM vice president, Global Sales, Service and Marketing Operations said today. “In 2006, we saw 18 percent growth in the Asia/Pacific region, and 17 percent growth in the Latin America, Africa and Middle East region. We’re also seeing improving results in Europe where we sold more than 2 million vehicles for the first time.”
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 01-18-2007 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    was it GM that made a FWD V8?
    yep 1966 !!!..called the TORONADO !!!! & in 67 the Eldorado...455 cu in v-8 FWD master works of auto design and innovation !!!

Leading the world is standard practice at GM.
    Attached Images Attached Images

you should most likely get some car knowledge to talk about cars first, then try to sound smart. Ya might look like less of a fool
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Thread Information